It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House Divided, The Nation Fallen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
In the waning months of the Bush administration and the early Obama term, several stories broke. One was that Congress had been told that to deny the bail-out money might well lead to a total melt down and then, civil unrest.

Then came the story of a full brigade of the 3rd Infantry Division being sent stateside for training in how to deal with various crises’, including that same civil unrest. Add that to numerous stories of stacked corpse boxes waiting for filler and camps laying empty waiting for people and…

This is a story that has been discussed here many times so, I do expect to see some folks calling for this thread to be snuffed. But this is presented in the belief that the fine line we are going to try and draw, has not yet been approached.

Anger and hate is the key –

Read most editorials here and elsewhere, and you will find a political tag. It’s either a Democrat who is angry because the nation is not all for Obama’s vision of heath care and a new national/economic order. On the flipside, you will find Republicans angry because they feel that their rights to make choices and their freedoms are on the chopping block.

What both camps have missed, or chose to ignore, is that their anger is not as political as they have been lead to believe. Taking a step back away from the deep chasm that divides us as a nation, there is a single, moving force that would gladly have us at each other’s throats. It and they would benefit if the US were to succumb to insurrection; a civil war.

Now, there is no one or two personalities that one can draw a circle around and identify because… at this point, it may well be that the number is far greater than it is even comfortable considering. But we are indeed being divided and the only purpose to divide a house is so that it can be brought down.

Both left and right, Democrats and Republicans are being led as if by the nose through stirring them to anger. Laws are being written and enacted, as we speak, that make ‘hate’ a crime. Imagine that… an emotion is going to be a crime and the interpretation of what is and is not true hate… will not be yours to make. But it certainly bodes well for any government to apply to control a civil population at odds with itself.

(Most of us will, thankfully, never know true hate. It is, after all, the opposite of true love and we all know what a rare commodity that is.)

Oh yes, your political leaders will tell you that Obama is out to kill you with a lack of health care OR that the GOP is out to kill Obama.

That is the gunpowder that fires the gun that kills us all... if we play the part of sheep and go and do as we are told.

America is unconquerable from without. No army can land upon the shores of a nation of 300 million when most are already armed with a Constitution that gives them the arms to fight back. Even the Chinese could not land an army upon our shores that could defeat both our military and our civilian population. And it works the same for internal corruption because with an armed populace, even a dreaded decree of martial law would never be alone enough.

No, we must be put to war amongst ourselves and to do that, this nation must be both divided and emotionally charged to do so with a vengeance.

Finally, yes. You are now being asked to look within and see what your leaders and media are doing to you. You are being tasked to hold all those whom you chose to love and trust and demonstrate for and write threads in favor of… and step back.

Your neighbors, your fellow Americans are not your enemy. They never have been. But they have been led here to this anger... just like you.

Put it down… and pick up an American flag and we will all meet you underneath it.

It is time to cease playing the part of sheep and merge with your fellow Americans and just say… NO.

No, I will not be led to hate my neighbor. No, I will not believe that half of the population is my enemy and dammit... No! I will not be a tool to be used to destroy my own nation.

But in the end, the choice is yours to finally make. You can be a part of the great unraveling of the United States of America... or you can be its defender.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
S&F for you!

Yet another fine citizen who has seen through the B.S.!

Does Rupert Murdoch, an Australian Businessman, who owns the majority of the Media in the United States (more than the Rockefellers own) give a flying rip about the U.S.?

Do the Dutch and British owners of the majority of Petroleum companies in the U.S. care about the U.S.?

Do the Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, Pakistani, Dutch, Brazilian, and British Creditors to our National Debt care what happens to the U.S.?

We are being manipulated from many angles, from many directions, by many factions, to provoke us into a Civil War.

We may have won the Cold War, but we are losing this War quick because we don't realize it for what it is! And let no one be mistaken...this is a War...of propaganda, lies, and machinations on a Machiavellian scale,

People need to stop letting Multinational Interests tear this country apart by using their vast resources to destroy us and turn us upon ourselves!

We've alienated our Allies and no one has America's back but ourselves. Only we can be trusted to care about our own welfare. Like it or not, philosophical differences aside, we are all in the same boat here. Do we let foreign interests win and divide and conquer us while we are lost on the open seas, or do we work together and row this boat to the safety of shore?

We are all brothers and sisters, regardless of our political beliefs. Let's stop bickering like childish siblings and work together as a family, accepting one another despite our differences because we are family.

Let's stop praying for someone to save us and start saving ourselves. Let's stop this and start over. Let's get going! Because if we don't start now, it may soon be too late for us all.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

A star and flag for both of you! We are all being sold a bill of goods. IT is high time we took things in hand. I and many I know do not wish to take up arms,especially against fellow citizens. We should never have to consider it. Any problem can be reasoned out given enough time and patience. Let us all come together and fight FOR something instead of fighting against eachother.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Great post... The polarization of the American media is amazing... to watch MSNBC one night, then Fox the next its hard to believe that we aren't being pushed to do something...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You know, as I read this article I can't help but remember The Times setting on the story of Government spying for a year before they finally decided to print it. Are we really to believe that suddenly all media stations have suddenly developed a spine and morals? Maybe we should, as a collective, turn our attention toward those whose very jobs are informing the populace with the TRUTH. Not their opinions, not pre-approved press releases, but just give us actual facts and let us decide the significance. Not one media channel has broke out one of the many Health Care Proposals and actually read on air what some of those proposals contain word for word. I say to my fellow Americans, as soon as we get through taking the politicians to the woodshed, we get the strap and have a chat with the media behind the woodshed as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks to all for the great response! (And the flags and stars too!)

I am a political centrist and hold that in this day, all (or at least most) politicians are crooks. I don't buy the negative campaigning or the hate mongering that goes on to divide us into opposed camps,

This actually goes beyond our shores and... if there were enough people to begin a grassroots movement back to sanity here, it would spread elsewhere, I am sure.

Thanks again... best wishes for our future!

- Redoubt

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Yep, the first amendment I believe was put in place as a watchdog over the Federal Government, and with the MSM in bed with the gov it kinda defeats the point...

top topics

join