It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: The “Second American Revolution” Has Begun

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I believe you have a good insight to what is going on in our country.

The fear that the majority of the American people has is palpable. Any person who cares to look can see that the path our country and the economy have been on is leading all of us to ruin.

The government is obviously biased towards big corporations, and big corporations are biased towards feeding the stockholders, which leads to the greed of devouring any competitor they can, which is usually the small business, and all cost of this affair is passed on to each and everyone of us right down to the newest born babe.

It was once believed that hard work and perseverance would lead to success. It has been my personal experience, that as long as you are a cog on the wheel, and go along with the direction those in power wish you to, pay whatever taxes they wish to levy, don't question how they spend said tax monies, and don't get in the position of knowing too much, and for goodness sake, don't become a drain on the system, then yes, your hard work and perseverance may pay off. But, if you have ethics and morals and believe in truth and honor, if you believe in fairness and equality, and that the constitution and laws apply to every citizen, not just select minorities (do not read this as race, I mean any minority), if you believe that our government is supposed to represent our desires as a populace and to do the bidding of the majority of the peoples as voted upon, if you insist on utilizing your first amendment rights and standing up for your beliefs, or if you have been leveled by personal tragedy, illness, or job loss due to the actions of government and corporate America or other economic decisions then all your hard work and perseverance can be of little use. Take it from me, your property, your pension and your savings can be felled and then you are one of the "unproductive" citizenry of whose future the government wishes to determine, because they know best and you must not be capable of doing so yourself.

People need to decide what is more important to them, following as sheep until the shepherd desires mutton stew, or listening, observing, learning, determining and acting with both an informed mind and definite goals and desires. I wish to actively participate in my life's path, I want a choice in the outcomes whenever possible. Anyone else?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I do believe, I have to believe, that if what happened in Iran, happened here in America, was attempted here in America by our government, that the people would stand up for themselves.

The time to stop a dictator, or an oppressive government, is as soon after you become aware of it as possible. The longer you let it go, the more steam it gathers, the more innocents it brainwashes into believing their info, because alternative ideas are squashed, the firmer the hold is. It will develop a military influence which has been groomed not to question orders. It will do all it can to discredit opponents, quiet them by any means necessary.

A democracy, a true democracy, relishes debate, and discourse on ideas. It uses majority rule, because in a "free" society, people are allowed to explore and discover and share their ideas and beliefs, so that the best can come forth.

A stranglehold on society is not conducive to a flourishing society.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

It is good to know, thanks for sharing your experience at that tea party! I can not say enough about taping these events, because as you said, it was not covered! If every time there is a tea party event it is taped, and posted up on you tube, blogs, ATS...the media can ignore it all they are paid to...but we the people will know the truth!

Some of the most damning moments to this fasicst regime have been in the taping of thier own actions, word, and plans!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

They would, people with guns to fight people with guns don't take kindly to being shot at.

If the Iranian people had guns the outcome would be way different, there is only so much a rock can do against an AK47.

I just get sick of people trying to say everybody with guns are redneck incestuous stupid people, because it clearly isn't the case, especially the ones that don't live here.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Whether Celente is correct or not is not really the issue, I think. The point is there is obviously a problem, more and more people are seeing it.

Upon review of the facts as we garner them, those of us who read, review, listen and think, can decide for ourselves what the writing on the wall says.

This person has determined his view and put it out for others to see. Those of us who review it can factor it with the other info we have and make our own determinations as to what the future holds. We must, in fact, determine our own future paths or have them determined for us.

I, for one, do not wish to go as a sheep to slaughter. I will attempt to educate myself as to the truth of the subject, try to make a difference where I can, express myself to others and stand up for myself and my family as the need presents itself.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Geladinhu

Well I hope you like dieing then, because that is exactly what will happen, if you don't fight fire with fire, they are just going to round us all up and do with what they will.

Gandhi is great and all if applied in the right situation, but when somebody starts taking shots at you its time to fight back.

Let's just hope the government doesn't start the violence. People are peacefully protesting right now. If this doesn't work then it will turn violent.

Look at Iran, they peacefully protested and the regime just ran right over them.

I almost forgot that you're americans and you have a gun replacing your cerebrum.
Cowboys....

A useless comment from someone in Europe. What does this conversation have to do with you since you live in Portugal? Go away troll.

Well,what do you americans have to do with the rest of the world???
But you're always ready to explore resources and make wars and kill people for your own profit.
Unfortunately when an american sneezes the whole world gets a cold.
Your comment is useless selfish and immature.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You and I definitely disagree on this point. "Let them do as they will"?

Are you for real? (I do not mean to offend. I am serious) "They" are our public servants. "They" are elected, appointed or hired for the positions "They" hold. "They" are supposed to represent OUR interests, and do OUR bidding.

Remember the old saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds you!". That is applicable here. The citizens vote to elect officials that they feel best represent them, whatever their ideals, with the intention that they do just that. The reason for term limits is that no one person or faction becomes a dictator/ship. The same citizens who vote one in can vote one out. WE are in charge. "They" are hired help. "They" accept their positions and their salaries with the charge to do the "People's" business.

I don't know your background, but I was raised to believe a worker is worthy of his hire. If he does the job he gets the pay. However, if the worker is not doing his job or doing it incorrectly, you have the right to remove him. Also, I believe in respect of others. Period. However, if another is doing harm to you, your family, your city, your state, your country or the world, each of us has a right, and it could be argued a duty, to stop the offender by the rules of society. Legally. Constitutionally. It is not a prudent or just move to allow a wrong to be fostered. And if that offender threatens violence against those you should protect, or worse, tenders violence, then you must respond with prudent measures to protect.

Unfortunately, because many offenders would not hesitate to tender violence to gain their goals, sometimes, as a last resort you must respond in kind or submit to their destruction. I, for one, refuse to submit to destruction. I will go out fighting, non-violently, as long as that is a prudent option.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hexagramfifty
reply to post by wycky

All of your "patriots" will be rioting alright, they'll all be demanding vaccinations. The Right is really seething. It's hilarious.

Actually people like us whom know what the hell is going on will be making plans while uninformed people like You will be rioting. We will be thinking ahead of what needs to be done while people like You are being sprayed down with water canons and mace...

So keep laughing all You want but some if not most of the people here have a real good concept of what is going to go down. Here a little hint for Your brainwashed liberal mind " Hyper Inflation its gonna be a bitch " ..

When that day comes and everything You have is wiped out You will be the one rioting while the SO CALLED CONSPIRACY THEORIST will be eating their stored food and watching the price of silver climb higher and higher...

So please take Your mindless drivel and Your false left right wing paradigm and exit this post and while You are at it please educate Yourself with the truth instead of the fabricated truth You have been taught by Your masters.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When injustice and iniquity reach a boiling point, it will be Justice that revolts.

Is Justice selfishness or the welfare of all? Perhaps the injustice that we are seeing has come upon us in the invisible form of capitalism.

Greed. profiteering, and inflammatory systems of commerce, as well as gross iniquities that have surfaced against the poor and the middle class.

When will it end?

When we do for our Brother, what we would do for ourselves and our families, then you will see change. No expense is too great for the ones we love, and I believe it was Jesus Christ who Commanded us to love one another.

When a way of living, life and commerce that takes care of its people, and not a select few is put into place. then we will see change for the better.

Peace

[edit on 13-8-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

I almost forgot that you're americans and you have a gun replacing your cerebrum.
Cowboys....

Awww, c'mon...you love cowboys in Portugal...I bet you're wearing a pair of assless chaps right now...

Interesting little fact about gun crime in Portugal...

According to the organization UMAR in Portugal, hunting rifles were used in approximately 49% of female murders between 2004 – 2009.

So...STFU

[edit on 13-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

Well,nobody i know has a gun or is obsessed by them.
For sure the world would be a better place without the gun propaganda made by the american media.
Don't get me wrong i love funk,soul,boogie and 90's hiphop

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know this will sound simple, so don't bash or laugh, ok, but here is the deal! Soooo, why can't all the countries get together and excuse the national debt, and start over with a clean slate? Also, why can't the government just make more money, get health care for everyone, and NOT tax the middle class so much? I hear people getting upset about paying taxes for the people who won't work, etc.

This reminds me of the movie "Dr. Zhivago". The Russian Revolution was beginning, and Yuri and Tanya were trying desperately to hang on to their privileged lives, while so many were starving around them.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
I know this will sound simple, so don't bash or laugh, ok, but here is the deal! Soooo, why can't all the countries get together and excuse the national debt, and start over with a clean slate? Also, why can't the government just make more money, get health care for everyone, and NOT tax the middle class so much? I hear people getting upset about paying taxes for the people who won't work, etc.

This reminds me of the movie "Dr. Zhivago". The Russian Revolution was beginning, and Yuri and Tanya were trying desperately to hang on to their privileged lives, while so many were starving around them.

Beautiful!
That is exactly my viewing point.
They are desperately hanging on their privileged lives,wlile so many ARE STARVING AROUND THEM!
I'm not rich but i live well and i'm ready to give up on some i have for the benefit of all.
I'm ready for it but this rat sized brain people are greedy.So greedy that makes me sick.
Like"i don't wanna loose my suv,what my friends are going to say bout that"type of #.
I'm out.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
You know , I hardly see any black people protesting, for or against the health care plan, Whats up with that

Black people rarely protest anything. Now if the healthcare plan goes through as it is written allowing government beaurocrats to play the grim reaper and young black men die as a result, the black community will riot.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

Because unfortunately this is not Utopia.....
because as a race, humans have not evolved enough to be unselfish....

And until then it will be guns and brave people who fight against oppression and injustice.

It will be shepherds guarding the sheep from the wolves......those who will fight to protect those who wont....

Theres nothing wrong with being a pacifist who wont fight back if thats your standpoint. But someone has to protect you.

its just the way it is, as long as we still have evil, selfish, self serving people in this world it will not change....

I wish it werent so, but it is

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7

This just might happen...

Watch this....ALL HAIL OCTAVIA

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Wow, thanks, maybe it wasn't so simple after all! At least, now, I know that others are thinking the same thing!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

In my understanding to fight them non-violently is to let them do as they will.
When I say "let them do as they will" I mean "We ought to worry with what we do instead of worrying with what other people do."

If we see a problem we gotta understand that the problem is with us and not with anyone else. We are the ones that have to change so that the situation changes. We can't rely on the doing and changing of others. That's what I meant.

I have this kind of communication problem all the time because I have my own concepts and definitions for common words and expressions. And usually I need to give a whole background of information to make one understand what I mean. It was my mistake in not being more efficiently intelligible.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Well I hope you like dieing then, because that is exactly what will happen, if you don't fight fire with fire, they are just going to round us all up and do with what they will.

Gandhi is great and all if applied in the right situation, but when somebody starts taking shots at you its time to fight back.

Let's just hope the government doesn't start the violence. People are peacefully protesting right now. If this doesn't work then it will turn violent.

Look at Iran, they peacefully protested and the regime just ran right over them.

Cowboys....

A useless comment from someone in Europe. What does this conversation have to do with you since you live in Portugal? Go away troll.

Well,what do you americans have to do with the rest of the world???
But you're always ready to explore resources and make wars and kill people for your own profit.
Unfortunately when an american sneezes the whole world gets a cold.
Your comment is useless selfish and immature.

Stop blaming America for your problems. Its not our fault that Portugal has not been a big player in world politics for centuries. This thread has to do with Americans being upset with government interference in our lives and has nothing to do with you since you don't live here.

You made the statement "I almost forgot that you're americans and you have a gun replacing your cerebrum." to get a reaction and nothing more. So who is being useless, selfish and immature? Your comment added nothing to the conversation and was simply an insult to Americans. So once again go away troll.. and GO F YOURSELF!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
as long as we still have evil, selfish, self serving people in this world it will not change....

I wish it werent so, but it is

I disagree.

I believe the world will only change when we stop pointing fingers at others and take full responsibility for our own misfortunes. Its our fault that we are in deep #, not anybody elses fault. We are the ones that create our world. If you want a world that you like you better stop disabling the power you have by giving others the responsibility to do something.

The only real evil is within. And it springs from ignorance.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This breaking news lends more credence to the idea that people are really on the brink.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What does the Pentagon need with 400,000 military personnel here in the United States? They are before Congress now with the request, and the Governors are calling foul.

htwww.abovetopsecret.com

See if there is any type of a peaceful revolution we do not need troops here at home as military personnel......but if it is rowdy...well maybe that is what they see coming.

But in any case...remember the Posse Comitatus Act.

Now might be a good time to write a letter to your Governor, and back him up!

www.dojgov.net...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by burntheships]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join