It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: The “Second American Revolution” Has Begun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I must be lucky I guess. I live in the US and I don't see many signs of unhappiness, yet alone possible revolution! I'm currently looking for work and there's actually a lot out there - I had two interviews last week alone. Sure, there are more people going after the jobs, but it's not that bad. Bare in mind I'm an ATS regular and if I thought there were any signs of imminent uprising I would be the first to say so
I just don't see all this supposed doom and gloom anywhere. Yes, we're in a recession alright, a few business around here have gone bust....but I certainly don't get the impression we're on "the brink." I've seen a few protesters around the state capitol building, but they're outnumbered by anti vivisection hippies and Sierra Club pimps

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everything is ALL fine and dandy; the flu vaccine issue could prove interesting, and we could be bombing Iran by the end of September. I'm just saying that, in my own experience, the talk of revolution is completely exaggerated. But like I say, maybe I'm just lucky.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Another revolution is being predicted? What happened to all of the other predictions?

Has anyone here ever been to Kingston NY?

As long as the economy improves, they'll be be no revolution beyond what those paid town hall people are doing.

Most people in the USA don't really know what the bill means or would do. Most people don't care as long as they keep their jobs and can feed their families.

It's all a show, one gang fighting the other. It has very little to do with common people, however they make it seem like it has everything to do with common people. A charade in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
then again i always thought that a revolution would come when they tried to take our guns (which they can have mine when they pry it from my dead cold hands). But over a year ago i figured there would be one soon anyways, just because of all the crap in america nowadays.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I went to the tea party at the liberty memorial in Kansas City. If you have ever been there you know how large the lawn is. We packed the place. The entire lawn was filled with people. There were people on the roofs of buildings all around. Two helicopters orbited around us. Yet we barely got a mention on the news. If you dont notice it in your area, it is not because it is not there. It is because you are still depending on the tv for all your information. Get out there and look for your self.

We dont want a revolution. We dont want blood to be spilled. We want Washington to follow the rules. We have been pushed too far. A lot of us had family members fight for what we have now. It does not matter how they became Americans. Most came from other countries voluntary or not. They all had to fight and work their arses off so that their families could live here, the way we do now. It doesnt matter what our differences are, we all know that the responsibility to keep the government in check lies on our shoulders. We owe it to the next generations.

That responsibility makes a person realize how important they are. We may not know what it is like to not be free, but part of us somewhere remembers that it is as important as the air we breath. That is why, unless Washington backs off and starts following the rules, this will not be over. It will escalate.

Hopefully Washington will not insist on a 'Second American Revolution'.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Nope! No revolution other than attempt made by a very few enlightened individuals that will be laughed off and tagged as, "racist" gang type stuff done by nutjobs.

I'm for it; but show me true revolution and I'll kiss your arse! All I see is sheeple running the thing into the ground by lack of response and the few that are trying are amounting to nothing more than a joke that they are quickly belittleing and effectivly stopping.

Though I'm for it, I'm sure I won't be seeing it. What about impeachment?

Thank you.

noconsequencE

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You know , I hardly see any black people protesting, for or against the health care plan, Whats up with that

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly
I was one to believe at first that Celente was just using all of this talk of revolution to sell newsletters.

I'm beginning to think he's right. We are witnessing a rare conjunction of economic and political problems, and the American public may finally be getting a gut full.

I'm going to watch this stuff very carefully over the next few months. I heartily agree that there is a revolt coming over "mandatory" vaccinations.

As far as Celente selling his newsletters is concerned, he doesn't have to sell them, the truth sells itself. Check his track record, it sells itself. He makes his living being right, and being right is good for business. Very soon, even hardened Obama supporters are going to start asking harder question that he has no answers for. I have never witnessed any politician tell ball faced lies as consistantly as Obama. He is good at it I must say. Example, when he mentioned the support of AARP for his health package. I personnaly watched the spokesperson for AARP say they didn't support the Presidents program, but wanted changes in the healt care industry. that's a big difference the President fails to mention.

But back on track of the thread, support of real change in our government is an infectious feeling. These movements take on a life of their own, and the movement is on it's way. Thousands of middle aged and elderly people are pis__d off. A hornet's nest is being stirred up. The health care issue is not the real issue. The real issue is government intrusion into everyday life. Those idiots in Washington don't get it, and they never will till they lose an election. And putting spin on the happenings by Nancy Pelosi won't help any. Who does she think she is?? Talking smak about the elderly , and calling them Nazis, isn't going to win you any style point with the elderly.
So sit back and enjoy the show, and remember, those elderly people don't have a lot of other things to do, and they have the time to follow thru, and get in the face of the government, and thats what they intend to do. They will not be denied, and yes, the revolution has begun.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I really hope the revolution is not a conservative/republican one. Although it will be great at first, it will lead to the same road again. Democracy is not working, and I hope people realize that. PErsonally, I hope for a Libertarian or Anarchist revolution.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The governments have every one of us right where they want us.
We are the sheep.

Unless the people all move together united? There is little that can be achieved otherwise...
Governments are all about control, control, control...

If its change the peoples want, this can only be achieved by the peoples all moving as one.

Time to stop the governments doing what they want and drive them out of business...
I would love to help you guys but I’m not from your country... How’s about you all pay for a plane ticket and I will come over and protest with you all.

What i can see from here, It's not looking good for you guys.
Best of luck.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
You know , I hardly see any black people protesting, for or against the health care plan, Whats up with that

Your not looking very hard then. I attended a town hall meeting in NJ and there are people of all races there. Your feeble attempt to paint people against government run health care as racist is lame.

What is come down to is this. There are about 47 million people in the US without health insurance. The government wants to bring these people into a government run system. They claim that taxes will not go up but that is a lie. They could not possibly pay for this with the current revenue coming in. They already run a health care system for the elderly called Medicaid. It is going broke. They government can't run anything effeciently. Too much red tape and corruption. Politics should not be involved with decisions made about peoples health care.

This is not about Obama, it is about the Federal government attempting to control more and more of our lives. The patriot act, bankster bailouts, cap and trade and now health care. It is the intrusion into our lives by the federal government that has no constitutional right to do so that is what is stoking the fire. It all started way before Obama took office.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't live in America,all i get to see or hear is either on here or on the media.Are a large percentage of americans *actually* angry,or is it a small but vocal minority when it comes to the streets and day to day life/conversations?
I can't imagine a large percentage are getting angry enough to do anything about it,except moan and wait for it to get passed,moan some more and forget about it within a year...then again im not on the ground.

Personally I feel current events are just another manifestation of American polarization/confusion over our national identity in the post cold-war world. Are there angry people? sure there are and why? because every victory for some is a loss for another and the general feeling of being powerless is growing no matter what your ideology is. What I find is most troublesome is that the feeling of being powerless is actually false because should the American public find common ground on reform and hold Washingtons heels to the fire we could bring in sweeping change for the better but then we have to figure out a way to deal with the other powerbrokers, the Corporate elites and that won't be so easy as they are not as easy to hold accountable as public officals.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Helmkat]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I don't live in America,all i get to see or hear is either on here or on the media.Are a large percentage of americans *actually* angry,or is it a small but vocal minority when it comes to the streets and day to day life/conversations?
I can't imagine a large percentage are getting angry enough to do anything about it,except moan and wait for it to get passed,moan some more and forget about it within a year...then again im not on the ground.

It really is just a vocal minority. There's a ton of factors on why they're upset, but if you combine a new liberal president who is black and wants change, that single set of criteria, alone is enough to upset people. It's not primarily a race issue, or liberal issue, or change issue, but it's the combination of things where the old guard was "in charge" and now the new guys are in charge and they see that as a threat to their "power".

In reality, it's just people fighting change. It's scary and people are afraid of the unknown.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

For many years I rested under the assumption,should things get bad enough,I could voice my opinion to my congressman and get results.
To my great suprise when the first bailouts were being bandied about,80% of my fellow constituants joined to oppose it. Our Congressman ignored our protestations,and voted for the bailout. Sending us all letters stating that he FELT that he knew what was in our best interest. This attitude has been consistant up to the vote on the Cap and Trade bill,when he finally HEARD us.

That IMHO is what has the people ready to fight. They have assumed their voice would be heard. Yet they are squelched and belittled at every turn. There is a reveloution coming. Someone else stated whether it is civil or violent will be at the pleasure of our government.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by daddyroo45]

I think people speak too late. If they speak up when the problem is starting, it's less likely to occur. I'm not mad at the people who voted for bailout. I'm mad at the people who made the bailout necessary. There's a lot of people that dropped the ball and honestly, I generally don't trust politicians to do anything except whatever is in THEIR best interest. The current administration isn't the cause of the problem, but because they're the current administration, they're getting the blame.

We never see how bad it's getting until we're hip deep in it. Now that we are, a very vocal minority is flailing around riling up people to blame whoever is within reach. Mob rule really does apply in this case...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Bushes stolen presidency, 911, Obama who swore no tax increase, then heavily burdens us and our children to pay for stimulus given to banks, the ones who caused the problems, instead of those who the banks have harmed; those who could use it productively.

He appoints the most poisonous person in history as the boss of the food and drug administration, the promise of forced vaccinations with untried, verified, "poisonous" ingredients for the kids people claim they love, etc,etc,etc.

They're positioning themselves to crush all resistance militarily. No one can prevent their advance upon us and our children.. The lemmings, children and all, just keep running.

Recruiting and organizing is not allowed? No offense, but huh? How can people gather effectively to inform, plan, and carry out that plan?

No plans! Disperse immediately! Damn Nazis!

Thank you.

No consequencE..

[edit on 13-8-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A revolution is worthless unless it puts an end to the elitists. Unless it puts an end to the CIA. Unless it puts an end to the lobbyists. Unless it puts an end to Eugenics groups, the Bohemian grove, the Bilderbergers, the Trilateral Commission, the Rockerfeller foundations, the Council on Foreign Relations, the foreign intrest groups etc. ad-nauseum.

What's going to happen is the poor cop who thought he was getting into law enforcement to make a difference is going to be shoved in front of an angry mob. They will clash, and the people at the top will profit from both sides as they always do.

People are getting angry, but have no clear focus as to where to direct it. If TSHTF, the only thing that will happen is the wrong people will be killed, and the structure that corrupted this country will remain intact. Cletus might bust some cops heads, until they figure out where he lives and get him after a beer fest in the middle of the night while he's sleeping in his underwear. Tit of tat as it always is.

There needs to be a revolution all right. But a revolution of thought. People need to see beyond their pet projects and look at the bigger picture.

A ridiculous example....

...your child is involved in a 'spork' (the mightiest of all eating utensils) accident. You go on the warpath, protest outside every Wendy's and Arby's across the land until all the sporks are recalled. But that's not enough...Roadside checks are made and traffic stopped to check your car for sporks. If you are caught with a spork in your car or on your person entering the train, you are arrested and put on a public database as a spork offender. That person can now no longer get a job, a home or anything all because he forgot to leave his spork at home that day. Did he spork someone intentionally? Did one day he get frustrated with his knucklehead co-worker who can't see what he's looking for and say 'man might as well scoop your eyes out with a spork, its right in front of you!' as a joke? Your kid was too stupid to see the tiny prongs on the end of the spork and cut his lip and bled to death and NOW everyone has to pay for it!

What has this person accomplished? Nothing. People are going to spork regardless, all they did was give the elites another revenue stream. People are still going to be sporked, some accidentally, and a few crazies may spork someone on purpose, but really...aren't they just going to do something anyway whether its a spork or not? A revolution of thought, take control of your own actions. Don't turn your head to talk to your boyfriend, tree, rock or whatever your into while your kid tries to waffle down a cup of chili!

And for the love of Pete, DON'T think of THE children, think of YOUR children. Isn't that the reason you had them in the first place? Not an excuse to set up a play date so you can talk to your girlfriend getting liquored up on the proch while the kids frolic in the German Razor Wire in your backyard waiting for the thump and the scream. Go throw the football WITH them for cryin out loud...

So Sporks are banned, rubber bands tomorrow, day after that, shoe laces. Great injustices in the world slip by as everyday you have to root through something else while chemicals are poured into your water supply making the chemical factory owner rich and you sick, the money you pay in taxes make an industry rich that you don't even work for and kill some guy in a land you can't see from your house because there's an oil field under his house.

If you really want to win. Gotta beat 'em at their own game. They say we are too fat, well don't stick me with that vaccine because I am concentrating on my health and trying to naturally boost my immune system. Less waste, less tax revenue. And its not a crime if you choose not to arrest someone for it. Revolution in thought. Stop participating.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
yeah like there would be massive peaceful protests going on and on. I don’t think anything like that would happen as much as I would like to think it can. Something catastrophic would have to happen to get masses of people going, and to keep them coming back day after day. I highly doubt there would ever be enough people going to make a difference in terms of changing the entire country, unfortunately 8(.

Don’t forget your permit to protest lol lol laughable, they would just stop giving permits so u get arrested right away, making protesting illegal permit or not - deem it terrorist activity and have u arrested it masses. And probably try dividing the people placing under cover people in the crowds to stir everything up to make the protests violent swaying opinion and then beating the crap outta you for being mixed in the crowd. 8) 8)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I don't live in America,all i get to see or hear is either on here or on the media.

The people I have talked to are awake and aware. They are stockpiling Ammo and supplies. I live in the rural south and you have two types. The independent SOB who is a small business owner because he does not like to follow orders and the "this is the second coming" religious types.

I do entertainment for kids at birthdays, churches fairs and festivals. I am a nonthreatening little old lady who can ask nosy questions and I have been doing so for a four to five years.

I see a lot more awareness of the issues today than I saw a couple of years ago. People are concerned and they have the computer to get non-media information. Also there are people like me who suggest they look into things.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Revolutions need charismatic leaders. Look around ... who could fill that role?

Rush Friggin' Limbaugh.

If there's a revolution, then I'd bet money that it winds up taking the form of a neo-Conservative coup.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VEGETA007
Tell me this where were all these people yelling at all these townhall meetings for the past 8 years when the people who were running this country got us in this mess? So let me get this straight these people do not want any kind of solution for the 47 million people in this country who do not have any kind of health insurance on a plan that if they do not want it they can continue to pay for the coverage that they have. I am not saying this is a right wing or racist thing but I have never seen so many people upset like this since desegregation and all those protests that were going on for America.

DUH!!!!!!!!! Where have You been living in a cave in Afghanistan? Seriously have you been so out of touch with reality that You can't see whats going on. Well let me give You a hint the economy is going down the drain and 8 years ago We were not in the poo poo that We are in today. I guess liberals fail to see the obvious when they ask stupid questions like this or possibly they failed to realize that the patriot act was started by bush but put on steroids by Obama...

Hey it might also be the new taxes riling people up? Or could it be they are loosing their homes? Or wait could it be the welfare system that unjustly gives some people homes while thumbing the nose at the working class. Or wait could it be all the racist remarks made by our commander and thief? Or wait could it be our retirement that went up in smoke over the last year and a half....

I could really sit here for a hour or so about why the people are mad but hey You might be right it might be a RACE ISSUE or could it be that BUSH has brainwashed all the conservatives through his evil henchmen like Rush, Hannity, & Coulter...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH
reply to post by Phlynx

Revolutions need charismatic leaders. Look around ... who could fill that role?

Rush Friggin' Limbaugh.

If there's a revolution, then I'd bet money that it winds up taking the form of a neo-Conservative coup.

Have you ever stopped to consider that it's Obama (charismatic leader) that's trying his hand at leading a revolution? He and his minions are neo-fascists....

[edit on 13-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join