It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente: The “Second American Revolution” Has Begun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't live in America,all i get to see or hear is either on here or on the media.Are a large percentage of americans *actually* angry,or is it a small but vocal minority when it comes to the streets and day to day life/conversations?
I can't imagine a large percentage are getting angry enough to do anything about it,except moan and wait for it to get passed,moan some more and forget about it within a year...then again im not on the ground.

I understand how you may perceive the average American that way, i honestly don't blame you. But since i have been a member here and have begun to talk about these issues to the people around me, I am delighted to find out that they too feel the same anger and frustration with the goings on in the government. So push come to shove if it goes down you will see tens of millions come out of the woodwork to defend our liberty and way of life.

People are angry and restless, you can only poke the bear so many times.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Second American Revolution?

Meh.

Personally, I think the whole thing stinks more of Shay's Rebellion with a whisp of Civil War, than the American Revolution. Writing on the rebellion, Jefferson put to paper his famous "Tree of Liberty" quote which is popped off so often as if a badge of honor and patriotism. Yet I find an earlier passage in that letter far more poignant.

I say nothing of its motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.

He's basically saying that their rebellion was based on ignorance of the situation, yet he applauds the spirit of liberty they carry, a flame which must never be extinguished. If a score of people die at the hands of pointless violent uprisings based in misconceptions and misinformation, then so be it if that's what it takes to keep the people engaged in matters of civil affair and government.

His remedy?

The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them.

This is, of course, a bit of dated advice. Today, it doesn't matter what anyone says in government - as it's usually written off as just more lies. Pardoning and pacifying seen as admissions of guilt - and worse, patronizing. When people generally demand the truth from their government, they don't really want the truth. They want what they expect to hear. What would confirm and validity their own preset supposition. Anything to the contrary, truth or not, is ignored or written off as lies.

Full transcript of the letter: Jefferson to William Smith. 1787.

However, the motives behind the current call to "revolution" are not as noble, in part, as those contributing to Shay's rebellion. Whether one wants to admit it or not, at some level there is a substantial taint of racism helping to perpetuate this call to arms for their own ignoble ends. One that preys and feeds upon the very ignorance and misconceptions that Jefferson warned about, as well as the latent racist tendencies which are in ALL of us share as a vestigial remnant of our substantial tribal ancestry.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by traderjack

Are you a forecaster? That is not my profession. Like you, I am a professional of commerce, while Gerald Celente is just another false prophet. It could be argued that this sort of negativity spurs people like myself to work harder, overcome the message of despair. I dissent from any form of manipulation in my life, I now work to deny ignorance. Why make it more complicated then it already is?

SVE

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Gerald was just briefly on C2C and said the economy will appear to pick up, like a patient in remission from a desease, however, it will nosedive and crash within two months.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett

Honestly I think a 2nd American revolution is long passed due,

Verd. the second revolution happened from 1861-65. The name Civil War was really a misnomer. It was in fact a revolution against what was believed an intolerable regime that was oppressing the people. The only reason it became a war betwee the states was because states
actually had a great degree of power prior to the civil war. The tax and tarriff systems at the time greatly favored the industral based north.

The slavery issue was played by southern populists as an instrument to fear the abolition of slaves. The northern liberal clergy decried slavery as a human rights issue. Eventually the souther slave owners feared the abolition movement for their own economic motives. The vast differences in culture and language made it fairly easy for both sides to play to factional politics.

Lincoln's claim to own federal property located in southern states (particulary fort sumter) were the tool that Lincoln used to start the war. Next, the invasion of Virginia by federal troops served as the real start of the war. Again, states rights were so fundamentally believed and practiced at that time that ANY state would have considered itself to have been invaded and would have summoned their state militia to defend it.

In a way, the civil war was 2 wars, one fought by the Confeceracy to sustain their rights against an invasion by federal troops and the other war fought by the north to repress the people of the southern states by a continuing system of taxation that favored industrial and financial interests rather than the agrarian agricultural economy of the south.

Were a revolution begin now, why would it happen? So that we can preserve what we feel to be our fundamental rights? Of course it would, there is no other reason for it.

The winner of the civil war got to write the history. And decide what to call it,

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

I don't live in America,all i get to see or hear is either on here or on the media.Are a large percentage of americans *actually* angry,or is it a small but vocal minority when it comes to the streets and day to day life/conversations?
I can't imagine a large percentage are getting angry enough to do anything about it,except moan and wait for it to get passed,moan some more and forget about it within a year...then again im not on the ground.

I haven't seen people this irate. The whole Iraq/Guantanamo/Patriot-Act stuff didn't get people this riled up. I'm actually sort of concerned, because things seem like they might boil over. The right-wing has gone ballistic, and the left-wing mostly either doesn't care, or is glad to see them finally getting on board with the whole "revolt" thing. And then we've got the handful of people on the left who hate the people on the right; and the people on the right who hate the people on the left. Just because...*gasp*...they support different parties!

Make no mistake, though, this has been brewing since The Patriot Act.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here's what the conflict consists of:

Right Wing lunatics who won't accept anything from Obama that's positive. They love tearing him a new A-hole because they're bitter. They want to protect their freedom and rights. But they had no problem with Bush...

These morons are fighting Obama worshippers. These individuals praise Obama for anything he says or does. Why? Because they adore him so.

Both sides are idiotic.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

The following is what I just heard on C2C.

If you are told to take a vaccine that you don't want tell them that you want a signed affidavit from them that it will not harm you or your children.
They may be reluctant to do that.

Then tell them that you want to know exactly what is contained in the vaccine, including any fetal materials and/or mercury.

Most likely they won't be accepting any religious exceptions in a so-called pandemic so do the research to opt out another way. Egg allergies probably won't fly either.

Also, what they could be planning are additional boosters within months of the initial vaccine which would put you at additional risk.

It's no wonder people are beginning to form local militia groups for protection.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Great thread! S&F for you!
I have been reading a comic book series called DMZ and it depicts a second American civil war imagine if both sides just end up in a stalemate what happens then?

www.dccomics.com...

[edit on 023131p://2126 by mike dangerously]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Solomons,
I think that's a fantastic question. I live in NYC (from there, too). I would be interested to know the answer to that question for sure. I can tell you what I see on the daily.
I know many people from all walks of life (economic, racial, religious, political ideology). Some are straight up angry, some in a deep and resentful malaise and some who believe it's business as usual. I will say this much, both as a New Yorker and as an American, things have changed for the worse. I'm 36 - this is not the America or NY I was born in. Both locally and nationally life seems to be less optimistic, the government more intrusive, things in general more bleak.
I personally no longer believe in any REAL difference between Democrat and Republican. I know from becoming more aware of the laws of the land (both NY and Federal) that corporations and banks are treated with kid's gloves while citizens are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Normal every day people are being squeezed by both taxes and the increase of the price of goods far exceeding that of inflation.
This might be life but it is not living. If things keep going on this path without any positive change, I have no idea how people will live a life worth anything. We will be a nation of wage slaves simply surviving to wake up and do it again.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I agree.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I beg you to read this carefully! What do you want? Another revolution? Revolution of what? You will go out on streeets and ask for what? For jobs? For healthcare benefits? To change the outfits and surnames of congressmen?IT won`t help much!
United States has lived a prosperous life in 60ies, 70ies and so on. And the root of all prosperity was industries behind it. There were times when General Motors was making excavators and tractors, there were times when US was manufacturing forklifts, buses, Tv sets , you name it. You took a Times magazine or national geographic and they were full with adds of local products. Today you live in a society of vapourware. A country that has more consulting companies, soccer clubs and dot com bubbles than real manufacturing, is destined to decline. And now you wonder why there is a bank crisis! Guess what. Those who you call illuminnatii or Bilderbergers actually did the inevitable. They did it because they are weak people at heart, not decisions. Their tactics is to postpone thoses revolutions. When a society increases in size( 306 million by now) yet its productivity and parity( purchasing power) declines so does the wealth. When Us offshored and outsourced here manufacturing, she outsourced her expertize and highly skilled and PAID jobs. Do you realize that one Dell or Intel facility going offshore means thousands of 50 bucks an hour jobs going away? Those jobs also took away people whose salary would allow them to purchase homes ,Cadillacs, and yachts. Today most of highly skilled and paid jobs are gone giving place to subpar service jobs that are 8-12 bucks an hour. And now if you add the huge housing bubble that trippled the prices of houses, you can do the math how affordable it was for people to buy a property, say, working in aWallMart. That`s why, bilderbergers sat at the round table and said, well the nation can no longer afford dwelling to buy, and soon they might be on streets . So they did the inevitable - decreased interest rates to lure people to buy property on credit, giving a false illussion of wealth. What they didn`t calculate was that cheap credits would push prices upwards even more ,basically making people even less able to afford a property. Today US is actually living off last morsels of fruits that your fathers sweated at factories ,building Amanas, IBMs or Westinghouses.You have lived extravagant lifestyle past your wallet. When your fathers were actualy creating stuff, they created huge surpluses which could be spent on education, infrastrucuture and governmnet projects. Your country had a gold standard, that was a barrier to inflation.
There is only one way to prosperity- real, tangible economy, that creates stuff of consumable value. America, if you think, you will make cheesy comedies , consulting companies and ziploc plastic bags, yet the world will provide you with 50 inch LCD TVs , hybrid cars, DVD cameras , copiers, watches and other gizmos, you are delussional. Do you really think that stocking shelves at Macy`s will give you a purchasing power to go out and buy ,say,a Nissan Maxima with thousands of engineers and industrious hands behind it, that had spent gazillions of hours sweating out quality and finish? I guess not. Sorry, . pLEASE, READ THIS, THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!
Advancedboy, Latvia

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
If we don't want a third American revolution this second one better be based upon non-violent resistance.

Enough with the power trips.
Let love prevail.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Sounds good, but sorry to report that is not how the world works. Wish it did, but it doesn't.

I too hope there isn't violence, but the govt has also stopped listening to its citizens and is outside the constitution now.

I see a bunch of kindling and all that its lacking is a spark. I hope that spark doesn't come....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
You know what these cowards in power will do if we threaten to take their power away???

They will call air strikes on American cities.

I just want you guys to know what we are dealing with.

Air strikes on American Cities.

Do you have any idea what an air raid is like???!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advancedboy
I beg you to read this carefully! What do you want? Another revolution? Revolution of what? You will go out on streeets and ask for what? For jobs? For healthcare benefits? To change the outfits and surnames of congressmen?IT won`t help much!
United States has lived a prosperous life in 60ies, 70ies and so on. And the root of all prosperity was industries behind it.

#1) A Revolution against the tyranny of the arrogant elitists and tycoons.

#2) Wrong. Prosperity has nothing to do with "industry", otherwise no nation before 1800 would have been considered "prosperous".

Prosperity comes from freedom for citizens to do as they wish, which leads them to create new businesses, which creates prosperity.

Thats all we want. Freedom to choose our own destiny.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
muzzleflash- tell me, which country in history had been prosperous without industries, without manufacturing and creation( without living on expense of other nations)? see, the pyramids actually tell nothing of how prosperous an average egyptian was. neither does statue of David or Nazca plateau. The evidence of great art is quiet often a cryout of desperation for beauty in times when country is bleeding.
What is freedom then ? - When a bird prefers a sunflower in meadow over sunflower seeds in a cage( by Advancedboy).

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

The powers that be are stupid ... I'll tell You what if I loose my home I'll still be the same person and nothing will change that. I will be sitting in my tent out in a field one day pondering would I still have my house if I wasn't taxed like crazy for the last 15 years. I would come to the conclusion that yes I would still have my house because I would not have needed to go into debt.

Basically I'll be one pissed off mofo with guns and ammo and nothing left to loose. I hope their plan of destroying the economy goes horribly wrong. I hope the American people loose so much that they turn on their masters and massacre them. I want to see lobbyist hung on the white house lawn with corrupt politicians. I'll probably not see this unless it's done by hollywood but hey we can hope right?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Don't call my motivations rascist, you don't know me or anyone else for that matter or what their true motivations are. thomas Jefferson and Shay's rebellion etc aside, what is happening is real and while it may not be the same circumstances as the 1st revolutionary war and the times and the climate is different than then but this is a different war with different circumstances therefore things will happen differently. You have to also realize that for decades now people have been turned into zombie's over the years in this country and it was done by design, so forgive those who are late to teh game getting involved, because while what seems ignorant to you isn't to someone else.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

All of your "patriots" will be rioting alright, they'll all be demanding vaccinations. The Right is really seething. It's hilarious.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well I think honestly hope that we have revolution because that is the only way things are gonna change. There will be a revolution soon if this Healthcare bill gets passed which it will because of the determination of our current tyrrants to control every single aspect of our life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join