It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when it passes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There is already talk that the people protesting aren't real representatives of the american people.

They (the democtrat leadership) think this is a done deal. Regardless of the polls, the protests, the crowds of angry people that have read the bill, they plan on passing this.

Pelosi. . . www.azcentral.com...

Obama. . .
www.reuters.com...

Shumer. . .
www.foxnews.com...

Reid. . .
www.canada.com...

Emanuel.. . .
moneynews.newsmax.com...

I know it's all talk. I hope it's all talk. I wish it were all talk, but these folks in DC have shown that they don't care about the american peoples rights or decisions anymore.

A narrow win for Obama brought with it a "land slide" of government change.

So, ATS-folk, what are you going to do when this passes?

Take the red pill? The blue one? Or stand in line and wait for what ever it is they want to give you?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If this bill passes I will do everything I can to see the people who voted for it voted out of office. If they can't listen to the people who vote for them, they don't deserve to be in office. The majority are opposed to healthcare reform the way that Congress is trying to do it and Congress needs to remember who it is that signs their paychecks.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
If this bill passes I will do everything I can to see the people who voted for it voted out of office. If they can't listen to the people who vote for them, they don't deserve to be in office. The majority are opposed to healthcare reform the way that Congress is trying to do it and Congress needs to remember who it is that signs their paychecks.

That's a great idea,vote them out. Better still vote them out and make sure that the lobbiests that wrote the stinking bill never are allowed to set foot in the legislative house again.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I will keep going to work and living my life, because no matter what I want DC does what it pleases, theres no point anymore in getting bent out of shape about being shafted by the government, it really is just business as usual to them.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Agreed. But that's shutting the barn door after the horses have left. It's going to be much harder putting the toothpaste back into the tube once this thing passes.

And MOD's if I do ONE MORE hokey saying, you have my permission to ban me . . . .

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Again, a given. But then we will be stuck with this monster. What do we do legally to turn this thing around?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Interesting reply Helig, I can assume that this is what most people will do. Does that make it right?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Again, a given. But then we will be stuck with this monster. What do we do legally to turn this thing around?

If it happens to pass,vote in some people that oppose it and have the law repealed. It has been done before.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I hope it's that simple. The machinery that is put in place while it's in effect will be terrifying though.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

If it happens to pass,vote in some people that oppose it and have the law repealed. It has been done before.

I thought the talk has been HC will be hard to undo once it has started. So if they pass it that's it! Even if we had opposition in office for 20 - 30 years it would still not be undone.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

So what do we do? Black market? Start secret underground medical centers? Bring back the barter system? Not to get off topic, but while this has been going on, the fed has just bought our debt, we're looking at massive inflation down the road along with this huge government monkey on our back.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I won't do a thing. It's not going to have any effect on me one way or another as long as my husband is employed and getting insurance coverage through his job. Now... if and when he loses his job, it might very well affect me. And depending on what happens, I will respond appropriately.

You guys don't think it's going to affect you, do you?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm already a -sigh- government employee, so no. It won't affect me. Who it will affect are, my parents, my wife's parents. Aging aunts and uncles.

So I'm very sensitive to it's enactment.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Who it will affect are, my parents, my wife's parents. Aging aunts and uncles.

Would you mind telling me how it will affect them?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I spent last weekend actually reading HR3200. There were things in that bill that scared the hell out of me. Rationing, longer waits, the idea of a Healthcare Commissioner making decisions that used to be made by individuals and their doctors. Rahm Emanuels brother, a doctor that is a healthcare advisor for the president has stated that the elderly won't be receiving the attention that a younger person would because they don't have as many "productive" years left.

Now. . . .
Imagine a Bell Curve.

Now imagine a line (horizontal) along the bottom of that curve.

Between that line and the actual curve, is all the people that would be treated under universal healthcare.

As money grows short (see Medicaid, Medicare) that bottom line goes up. Narrowing and shrinking the area under the Bell Curve. That is now the people being treated.

As more grows scarce, that line will continue to raise.

That is the actual model that the UK started out with at the end of WWII. The line initially started out at the bottom. They wanted to treat all Britons who fought and lived through the war. As money grew tight, that bottom line raised, and soon you had rationing at the far ends of the curve.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I'm not sure there's really anything else we legally can do that isn't already being done. People are signing petitions, calling and writing their congressmen, showing up at town hall meetings to voice their disapproval... If there's anything else that can legally be done now, I don't know what it could be.

If they ignore everyone who's telling them they don't like what's being proposed and pass it anyway the only thing we'll be able to do is vote them out and vote in someone to repeal it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It makes it right in that its about the only thing I can personally do, there is little point in getting twisted out of shape and giving myself premature gray hair over something I have absolutely no power to stop really.

The real kicker is that this whole town-hall nonsense is mostly just for show, the Democrats hold enough power in Congress to pass this thing without all the hoopla that they have stirred up, so I really wonder what their point is with letting this drag on.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

There's another thread about the first shot, second shot, third, etc.

This could be the shot that finally triggers something unseen in this country, but that's another thread.

The pols just HAVE to know, though, that this is a death knell for their political future.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So... are you saying that your parents and in laws don't have insurance now? And would be covered by this new government plan? A healthcare commissioner? Do you realize that every insurance company in the nation has a person or persons who decides what is and isn't covered under their plan?

I don't follow your reasoning, I'm sorry. Rationing? It talked about rationing in the bill? Rationing what? You read about longer waits in the bill? This is news to me.

Rahm Emanuels brother, a doctor that is a healthcare advisor for the president has stated that the elderly won't be receiving the attention that a younger person would because they don't have as many "productive" years left.

Do you have a link for that quote? And I don't mean someone saying what he said, I mean, do you have a link to Emanuel's quote? Because I think that's one of the rumors.

Between that line and the actual curve, is all the people that would be treated under universal healthcare.

And why are we talking about Universal health care? That's not part of the plan, you know. This plan only covers people who DON'T have insurance now.

I think you should read some more. And not on Free Republic.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My Senators and Respresentative are voting against it. But, if they cave and do vote for it, I will do whatever I can to see them get FIRED! Don't think that will be a problem though 'cause if they do actually vote for it, it will sure surprise the heck outta me. Kay Bailey Hutchinson is leaving the Senate to run against Rick Perry for Gov, so she'll be gone regardless. I am a bit worried about who might get elected to replace her though. Our state is becoming more and more liberal.

As far as what I will personally do if it passes, I am self-employed and poor as a church mouse. If I could afford insurance, I'd already have it. I have no intention of signing up and if they want to fine me, well, ya' can't get blood out of a turnip. So, fine away! They won't get a penny from me. I'm 62 years ago, have had a great life, had a heart attack two years ago and almost died and if I had it to do again I would have never called my nephew, who is an EMT and in turn called EMS. If I have another heart attack and croak, so be it. I've made peace with my maker and am ready to check out at anytime. I don't have any kids to worry about. My family would be sad, but heck I'm gonna croak sooner or later anyway and they'll be sad, so doesn't make a bit of difference to me if it happens tonight, tomorrow or a year from now. I just want to live the rest of my days as peacefully as possible without any government interference in my life. If the government wants to make me sign up for their health insurance, they are just gonna have to make me. And I'm pretty sure all they are going to do is make me mad enough to have another heart attack and croak right then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join