It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protecting our Constitutional Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
U.S. Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

With current issues trending further away from the constitutional rights that our country was founded upon, it is 'seemly' more evitable that a breach of our civil liberties may possibly be looming in the near future. Furthermore, recent 'evidence' supporting such theories has recently been brought to the American public's attention.

[WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court said Tuesday it will decide whether the District of Columbia can ban handguns, a case that could produce the most in-depth examination of the constitutional right to "keep and bear arms" in nearly 70 years.

This is one of sevaral examples of such infringments on our constitutional rights that have occured throughout the past decade. As noted from a Townhall Healthcare meeting in Pennsylvania yesterday one women, of which whom had very little political experience or expertise quoted: "You have awakened a sleeping giant!" I cannot agree more!! Such opinions of civil unrest thwarted towards our seemlying 'deceptive' government have been sweeping our nation.

USA Today Blog:The anti-government militia movement is "surging" across the country, fueled by a changing demographic in the country, the spread of conspiracy theories in mainstream media outlets and fear of a black man in the White House, according to a new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Now some may say that we are 'over-reacting' to the situation, or even simply arguing our own biased beleifs of the American government. However, I am certainly a believer of the old saying, "it is better to be prepared than to be sorry..." And that is just what I have been doing, preparing myself for the worst to come and praying for the best possible outcome.

It seems that our rights are being denyed to us on an increasingly regular basis. Now my question to fellow ATS users that share my feelings would be.... "what are you doing to prepare yourself for such events or how are you voicing your opinion and excersizing your constitutional rights to freedom of speech so that such events do not occur?"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Keeler vs D.C. has already been deceided. SCOTUS found for Keeler.
Rights can only be taken from you if you allow them to be taken.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

That does not discredit the fact that there have been several similar situations in which the government has acted questionable regarding our rights. This is just one particular 'similar' situation.

However I to appreciate your input. But I would like to discuss the fact of what is really going on in this country and how people here are responding.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Most of the nay sayers out there place the health care issue at the heart of the discontent. This discontentment has been building for several years. The first red flag for me,against constitutional rights was the patriot act. Things have escalated from there. Right now the people see a government holding power over: Banking,Insurance,Auto manufactures. Trillion dollar deficits and still they spend. Bills passed through congress so fast no one has a chance to read them. This health care bill is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. They are not quite done ramming home their adgenda. While we have yet begun to fight. Should be quite a show at some point.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Patriot Act should have awakened Americans, and some did wake up. Several of my friends and I have been racking our brains as to what we can do to stop this trend of Constitution trampling. It seems overwhelming. I keep coming back to the Fed, and 1913, with instances like 9/11 and the Patriot Act seeming like actions in and endgame by the "global elite". The government hasn't so much taken over everything as the obscenely wealthy have taken over the government by stacking the deck with the candidates that will accomplish the global elite's agenda. If my fears are correct, then the challenge to reclaim our nation is even greater. One thing is certain: more people need to be aware of how many of their rights are being slashed. The vast majority still seem to label those of us who are aware as being whacko conspiracy theorists.

My question is: once enough people are aware, what do we do?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have been wodering much the same things as to how to protect our rights and keep American values as we know them alive. but there is a major hitch and one that must be overcome first before we can do anything else.

We must insist that our congressmen and women demand a review of the national state of emergency put into effect on sept.14, 2001.

This state of emergency has been renewed 7 times since by Presidential proclamation and has never been reviewed by Congress.

Read this thread and you will understand what has really been going on in our country - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I agree, the Patriot Act was the red flag here. Seems like nobody paid attention to it, or realized what it does. Obama was quick to make certain it stayed....
irregulartimes.com...

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Safe and Secure America Act of 2009′.

SEC. 2. 10-YEAR EXTENSION OF CERTAIN PROVISIONS OF THE USA PATRIOT ACT AND THE INTELLIGENCE REFORM AND TERRORISM PREVENTION ACT OF 2004.

(a) USA PATRIOT Act- Section 102(b) of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-177; 120 Stat. 195) is amended by striking `December 31, 2009′ and inserting `December 31, 2019′.

(b) Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004- Section 6001(b)(1) of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-458; 118 Stat. 3742; 50 U.S.C. 1801 note) is amended by striking `December 31, 2009′ and inserting `December 31, 2019′.

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.1467:

Someone said you have no rights unless you assert that you do, and we Americans had better assert that we do! America is a sleeping bear, and if Obama and his cronies keep on poking that bear, that bear will wake up, and will not be happy.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Keeler vs D.C. has already been deceided. SCOTUS found for Keeler.
Rights can only be taken from you if you allow them to be taken.

Do you think the Gun Control Act of 1968 should be repealed.??? That took away gun rights from millions of americans who had felony convictions or a DD from the military or were users of illegal drugs.

top topics

join