It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Alien Face Seen on Google Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi I don't know if anyone else has posted about this, if so my apologies.

I'm not saying this IS an alien face, it just looks a bit like one that's all.

Cool just for the sake of entertainment, or possibly the real thing!

It can be found here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19a244992846.png[/atsimg]

Quite cool I think, even if it is just the 'elevation' version. May just be some guy at google having a joke!

All the best, Kiwifoot.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I doubt it would be a joke, but more or less a shadowing issue. But we can never be too trustworthy of Google
Looks more like a cat to me

Nice Find

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

was that comment really needed?? wow. back on topic - i think that is merely shadowing, but cool. looks like it has a beek.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I think what we are likely seeing here is a light and shadow trick and pattern recognition. We all know what the common light and shadow tricks are (so no need to get into that IMHO), but here is an important fact on pattern recognition:

Pattern recognition involves identification of faces, objects, words, melodies, etc. The visual system does more than just interpret forms, contours and colors. Pattern recognition refers to the process of recognizing a set of stimuli arranged in a certain pattern that is characteristic of that set of stimuli. Pattern recognition is an innate ability of animals.

en.wikipedia.org...(psychology)

As far as the 'face', I believe that is the Amazonis Planitia crater, I could be wrong however. Anyways, here is the visual (not elevation like the image in the OP) image of the 'face':

In my opinion this shows that there is nothing there, the mistake could be easily made when looking at a false color image, such as an elevation contour like the picture in your OP.

Courtesy:Google Earth

[edit on 8/12/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ok, I apologize. It wasnt a shot at gay people. It was a shot at all the people who say the teletubbies are gay or make kids gay. You know the religious extremists that see the devil in everything. No offense meant.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Hi Kiwi,
Have you got the location for the image? i've picked up a pretty big duststorm to the right and below your item. I tried from your link to get the location from Google maps, but it isn't working so if you have the map location for your image it would be much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hi, try this bud

www.google.com/mars/#lat=10.660607&lon=-167.239379&zoom=8

Funny it works for me!

Had to rotate the image though!

Just a bit of fun really.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you want to take some close look at this crater, then take a look here:
PSP_008079_1905 the image will show you a split of what actually you are looking at.
A nice creater , 10,6°N 192° E , with a central peak.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Yea that is A LOT better resolution than mine was,lol. I saw the asu site, but could not find a centralized picture of it. You are right, it is a great crater, if you are in to those sort of things.

top topics

join