It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticed the ATS flash art...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I support your patriotism however, you are flying the wrong flag upside down..
this means you are in distress...
we are beyond distress...
Patriots will now fly the 1757 Gadsden...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but that would imply a civil revolution by force. Would it not?

So, by not using said icon, could hint at perhaps a peaceful revolution. Or it may be just what it displays.

Distress- noun 1. great pain, anxiety, or sorrow; acute physical or mental suffering; affliction; trouble.
2. a state of extreme necessity or misfortune.
?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f133d0cc8edb6148.png[/atsimg]

i think that SO's assessment of our political climate was conservative. IMO, it is much worse than he is letting on. however, i find the modifications that have been made thusfar shocking and surprising.

(p.s. thanks for making me google gadsden. i like that flag.)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Look I dont make the rules, and we always hope for peaceful solutions. however, I and most of the people I talk with. are beyond distressed.
and since the leadership of America flys the United States Flag. I think its time to unify the nation. so buy stock in companies who make the Gadsden.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
On going discussion of logo here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well thats one thread .. but .. not quite on the same page as my thread... thanks for sharing...

I guess, the gadsden will be the default flag to show your objection to the Rape of your nation. when congress got a 93% of constituants to voice there votes on the 700 b$ ... and it was 97% "Hell NO, No Way in hell"
and the representatives voted against the people's wishes... sort of speaks volumes ... and I have been listening to what they are saying and I have yet to hear anything except they are gonna do this or that and... The is America ... you can kiss my sovereign ass.

see ya in the camp brother...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Getting back to the Gadsden, as that is what I think this thread is about. Found this bit that may help reflect the times of the First American Revolution.

December 1775
This anonymous writer, having "nothing to do with public affairs" and "in order to divert an idle hour," speculated on why a snake might be chosen as a symbol for America.

First, it occurred to him that "the Rattle-Snake is found in no other quarter of the world besides America."

The rattlesnake also has sharp eyes, and "may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance." Furthermore,

"She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage. ... she never wounds 'till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her."
Gadsden Flag History

That would be a sound foreign policy, too bad our current government didn't learn from that model of thinking.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
what model is that... ?
We are all suppose to be Americans here, the show is suppose to be for the benefit of all. and it is remenisant of the fall of Russia.. the collapse of Russia was like a clock and our clock is ticking too... so it a matter of time.

The next thread ... well, doesnt discuss what I'm discussing...

so pls ... unlock it... tks BP

[edit on 12-8-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Please add to existing discussion Here

top topics

join