It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Revolution' SELLS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Salutations and good tidings.

We are incredibly blessed to have a place where we can share with others and get schooled sometimes, as it were. Discussion and debate is a healthy way to enhance or correct my own beliefs.

This is a topic of discussion ONLY and in no way is an attack, or insinuation. It is purely hypothetical and an exercise in expanding my own understanding.

So, here goes.

Is the suggestion of a 'REVOLUTION' used to sell papers, or advertising? Is the thought of a conspiracy the REAL conspiracy? Are we being played emotionally to assist hidden powers?

A few of us have probably read the National Enquirer before. It's an awesome way to see what some people are willing to believe. If it didn't sell, they wouldn't print it. (don't know if they still do, but you get the point.) So people BUY this stuff. If you want to read how Elvis was the love child of gerbils and aliens, you'll have to look through the advertising as well. (I still love Elvis)

It takes just a little bit of knowledge to know that advertising is big money. But that only works if you have visitors to your site, or paper, or magazine, so it becomes necessary to draw them in somehow. It takes BOLD HEADLINES!

Few things for me paint such a fantastically chaotic image as the thought of a revolution. I'm sure I am not alone in that; A still-groggy child waking up from forty plus years of suckling at the MSM teet, a product of countless hours of carefully prepared documentaries, sci-fi and history. The bloodier the struggle between man and nature, man and extra terrestrial intelligence, or man and man, the more entertaining. I'm guilty of being a mindless MSM drone.

In the end, I know the choice of what to believe is mine alone. If I choose to accept that the government is lying to us all and that there are dark forces at work that seek to destroy us, that is my choice. If I choose to hug the bunnies and dance in the rain naked, after the temporary loss of liberties due to incarceration, I can reflect on THAT choice as well. Thanks to Rush (not Limbaugh) I know that 'If you choose not to decide you STILL have made a choice.'

Now. My choices are made largely on emotional criteria and an attempt at understanding the pros and cons of that choice. I like to use the 'belly-ometer' as I have heard it referred to before. A gut check, if you will. When I am overcome with emotion, my decisions become increasingly less logical.

When I see a child speaking on television about 'the mean signs' and choking back tears to sell one form of reform or another, it has an emotional impact. "oh look, a little girl, she's concerned about the mean things. I have a little girl. I hope SHE doesn't have to see mean things.' You get the point. There are INTENTIONAL efforts made to cloud our logical judgement by the introduction of extreme emotional responses. I'm sure it's nothing new.

The gift of discernment is not something that I have had a heck of a lot of luck with, so I am easily swayed. I'm sure the Jedi would call me 'weak-minded.' and have me clucking like a chicken with the wave of a couple fingers. So I come here.

My visits here and to other sites are to read differing opinions and attempt to remove my emotional bias as best I can while absorbing what I feel is beneficial. Sometimes it helps, others I'm left more angry than I was when I popped in. Is it possible that preoccupying my emotions and thoughts with the idea of revolution or conspiracies is the REAL conspiracy?

Is everything going on right now carefully engineered to draw someone in, so that they can see advertising? How can anyone know that you are all in fact different people? How could I REALLY know. How could I really know that one person's disclosure of a conspiracy isn't in fact the conspiracy itself - designed to allow someone to profit from my emotional response.

I just went to a site and saw some catchy graphics that lead me to a post about how revolution was practically inevitable and it left me really wanting more. Like MSG. I know it's bad for me, but I can't help it. I clicked on it, because I like shiny things and BOOM. The emotional withdrawal I'm feeling led me to wonder if it wasn't all by design. If the author of the site I visited wasn't in fact, just a conspirator himself, trying to capitalize on the knowledge that humans like shiny things.

Again, I am not making any claims, representations, insinuations, etc. and I'm not mentioning any names. I just want to know what YOU use to aid in your discernment and whether you find yourself caught up in the 'conspiracy' of conspiracies. How do you know, REALLY KNOW who you can believe?

I know this is a long post and I'm sorry for rambling on. Chaotic thoughts, I suppose, and I have to get them out. Your insight, as always, is greatly appreciated.

'Revolution Sells (Bourgeoisie Anarchist)'
By Lion's Pride

Hammers and Sickles, Che Guevara shirts
Red Star flags, Capitalism the hated word
Red Khmer symbols, so proud in your Stalin shirt
While accepting the money of the system you wish to hurt

[Pre Chorus:]
Revolution Sells!
Revolution Sells!

[Chorus:]
A Working Class Hero, You claim to be
An Upper Class Brat is what You really are
Posing like a Rebel, You can't Fool Me!
Take Away your Cash, You won't go far!
Preaching Revolution, Anarchy and Change
While you never lived the System you always praise
Your own Land and Folk you love to Betray
Your own history denied, always chose the opposite way

Revolution Sells!
Revolution Sells!

[Chorus:]
A Working Class Hero, You claim to be
An Upper Class Brat is what You really are
Posing like a Rebel, You can't Fool Me!
Take Away your Cash, You won't go far!
Oh indeed, you have seen the Light
Patronise everyone, only your view is right
Born from rich Parents, University type
Your doctrine killed millions despite your hype

Revolution Sells!
Revolution Sells!

[2nd Chorus:]
A cry for freedom you call your strife
But another opinion cannot be right
Cashing in from the system you claim to fight
Living like millionaires, now does that feel alright?

Edit because I forgot the lyrics

[edit on 12-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

join