It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The art of creating creatures ( new man made creature/reinventing the wheel )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well this presentations is pretty interesting and amazing!

The presenter created a new intelligent and evolving life form, powered by wind, and it could be coming to a beach near you. The new creatures can also store their wind for later use and survival.

This technology also allows for very efficient moving of extremely heavy stone block ( perhaps something lost to us from ancient times which allowed us to build such large structures! )

Looks like something that could have massive applications in the construction and transportation industry.

check it out from TED.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
woops meant to put this under the science section, if a mod wouldnt mind moving this thread that would be great

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If ayone has more info this, please post i would really like to know exacly how i could build one of these

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm fascinated by the presentations at TED; it's great to access them in a public forum now. Some are just...
pick yourself up off the floor.

I was initially skeptical of the "creatures", not because it seems impossible, but rather because they seem so otherworldly--the movements and structure, the wind-responsive "feathers"... Just beautiful

I encourage everyone to browse the TED channel on YouTube; it's an opportunity to easily access presentations by remarkably innovative, eccentric minds.

"All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

[edit on 12/8/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yea they look weird, but possibly the technology that goes into them could be used elsewhere .

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Aren't these objects meant to be works of art, albeit highly conceptual, rather than technological prototypes of any kind?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm really looking forward to seeing how these animals come to reproduce. I mean at this stage they aren't really evolving, the concepts are for sure - the ideas for mechanisms built into the "creature".

But you cannot call these 'creatures', animals, or use the term evolution correctly until they actually can reproduce.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Agreed, I think that these "creatures" will ever come into existence as a race. Just doesn’t seem possible. It sounds good at a TED conference, a lot of things do. (Especially the mind of a serial killer that was good). But i doubt it will come into existence for another 30-50 years minimum.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Um, what do they mean by storing wind in the bottles?

Also why are they calling these things creatures. Really doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lithiumtt

They use a simple brain to survive... basically a creature.

new topics

top topics

join