It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Location Disinfo on FOX News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I was browsing the internet today and came across this image. Could this be just a simple mistake or was this done intentionally? How could they have mistaken Iraq for Egypt?!??!!?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

I was browsing the internet today and came across this image. Could this be just a simple mistake or was this done intentionally? How could they have mistaken Iraq for Egypt?!??!!?

Probably the guy who put the map together was just your typical American who has trouble placing other countries on a map.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

SAD but TRUE!!

I would have to know what they were talking about to decide if it was intentional or not? Was Egypt part of the discussion?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No, theres no way anyone could be this dumb.

This is not a mistake, no. I have never made a mistake like that. Simple mistakes that are excusable is something like calling Russia the USSR still, or calling Latvia Estonia, or Estonia Latvia.

But calling Iraq "Egypt"? After all we have been through the past decade?

Whoever made that mistake is either
#1 playing a joke
#2 a complete uneducated buffoon

This is just...unprecedented. No wonder no one listens to them as real news. They think Iraq is called "Egypt"!

Let us hope and pray this is just a joke. Otherwise someone is working in the wrong job.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow, that is sad. Not just for the person who put the map together, but for the content editor and the people in master control who didn't stop it from going out.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ya thats why I said it has to be a joke.

And to think, I know where almost everything is on a map. Even Moldova. Just try and find that one.

But guess what, FOX isn't hiring me. I wonder why? Oh ya, because I don't put in applications to get jobs working to promote lies. But I digress...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And people still consider FOX News to be a "credible" source?!?!

Although I find it difficult to believe that the average American can't even find their own country on a World Map, there are days I wouldn't doubt it. This is one of them.

All I have to say is "No Child Left Behind" forgot one of their flock!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yes, it is sad! But it's nothing new. News outlets of all kinds have regularly made retractions and corrections every since news media has been around.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
it was most likey a joke

for all of you bashing fox news wake up its not just fox news that makes things up, or just plainly lies they all do . so i say to hell with all news sources they all are biased towards one side . fox gets bashed because most media outlets are liberal and fox is the only major conservative one

i rather listen to fox news than the msnbc tripe calling Americans racist rednecks or teabaggers and quote pelosi calling people with opposing viewpoints as unamerican i guess its only ok according to a dems and the liberal media to express your views if you agree with them

but like i said there are no credible news sources anymore just rather listen to one that not attacking people personally just attacking thier views

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
lol WTF fox is full of idiots.. this is sad.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seancon

they all are every single media outlet is full of idiots even Larry King has dumbed down the last few years

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seancon
lol WTF fox is full of idiots.. this is sad.

also why do you say fox news is full of idiots and not any others?do u agree that they are all full of idiots ,and if not, give me an example who is not and who is an idiot in the media, and please don't use the tired glenn beck excuse i know hes an idiot

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
...Could this be just a simple mistake or was this done intentionally? How could they have mistaken Iraq for Egypt?!??!!?

A simple mistake is what I would call it for whoever made that mistake, however, it is NOT SO SIMPLE a mistake for those who should have caught it before it was broadcast.
Everyone makes mistakes. It will always happen and there is nothing anyone can do to completely prevent them.
You paid enough attention in school to see the mistake and realized that what you were being told wasn't right.
I hope there are many others that can also see the same.

Originally posted by woodwardjnrProbably the guy who put the map together was just your typical American who has trouble placing other countries on a map.

Anyone who takes a shot like that should at least be man enough to also say where they're from.
Are you saying that if I gave you a blank map of the world, you could point out each and every country?
I'll admit right here and now that I sure as hell can't name them all, so until YOU can name all 195+/- countries, please feel free to keep thoughts like that to yourself or better yet, just admit that you also can't name them all. (That, in my eyes, would be a better way to get respect from others.)

And to think, I know where almost everything is on a map. Even Moldova. Just try and find that one.

That's one that came to my mind and was just wondering if anyone would mention it here.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well if Fox would have taken the advice of Miss Teen South Carolina 2007, Caitlin Upton, this problem would have been avoided (everywhere like such as).

Don't understand the reference? Here you go:

Miss Teen South Carolina 2007

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oh god we have no Red or white Sea view that sucks

The real Egypt is even included on the map and nothing written on it
may be it's just photoshoped as a joke

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The only thing that Fox cares about is if it pro rebulican or anti democrat the rest is just filler for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

You think that's bad ...

Let's see a local FOX affiliate genius at work:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Not having an article or hearing the discussion, it is hard to say. Is it possible they are having the meeting in Iraq?

My quess would be that they brought up a previous map to save money and forgot to switch countries.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

It's Fox News. What more of an explanation do you need?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

It`s just another dimwit error with the media.

new topics

top topics

join