It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hillary Threatened by Her Husband?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Is Hillary Threatened by Her Husband?

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The State Department struggled Tuesday to explain Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's face-off with a Congolese student and suggested that the questioner's nervousness sparked the outburst with the mention of her husband's name.

Clinton snapped at the university student in Kinshasa on Monday when he asked what her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and Congo native and former NBA star Dikembe Mutombo thought about an international financial matter. Mutombo was appearing with her at the university.

"Wait. You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?" Cl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I was never a huge fan of Bill Clinton but believe he did do somethings that made the US better. His personal life (mainly his overly active libedo) became his major undoing and may have prevented him from being considered a "great" president.

While Bill was a smooth talker, Hillary is a fighter. She looks like a woman scorned and has used that fire to destroy those that run against her. I never thought for a second that she would be someone that was threatened by her husband's success until the recent issue with North Korea came up. When she couldn't broker a deal but her husband was able to, you could see that scorned, scarred, angry bulldog raging inside of her and she let it loose on the person asking a simple question.....

So I ask, is Hillary threatened by her husband's touch and his ability to get things done? Are his past infidelities causing something like this to be an even bigger deal?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That's a very interesting story. Though the french speaking student might have been talking about Obama, as it says in the article. I think that Hillary, just let the lid off, because she thinks that she will never be as accomplished as Bill Clinton because he is a man. Who knows what she is thinking. Maybe she got sick and tired of hearing about her husband.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think Hillary wanted to make it clear that she was not there to speak on behalf of a man (Bill Clinton). She was there to speak on behalf of the man (our government).

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've seen the "incident".
The first thought that came to mind has been "well done!".
She is Hillary, her husband is some guy called Bill, former US president: it was obvious that she didn't appreciate the question, but in my opinion it's a matter of respect: people should learn that Husband and Whife are two different entities, each one with its dignity; but on top of that they should learn that they are talking to the present Secretary of State of the United States, not just to the wife of a former US president: she has her dignity and some very important role to play, and expressed it in a way that I, honestly, appreciated.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
She is obviously upset about Bill handling the North Korean deal. If she wasn't holding in some sort of grudge or anger at the Mr. Clinton, this question would have rolled right off her back and she would have just laughed. But this question hit a nerve and it won't be the last time it comes up.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, all you have to do is compare Bill getting those 2 people out of North Korea - although that was contrived - with Hillary being shown dancing African dances to see the problem Hillary is up against.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't think she is threatened by her husband Bill as he is more scare of her then the other way around lol...

She is and was scared/threatened by the crowd of people who are not supporting the direction this admin is taking our country and she showed how she really feels about "Joe Public"

This is how she really treats the public when she isn't running of somekind of office! What a shill

new topics

top topics

join