It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA: Kydex Holsters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Quite an eye opener as a few months back I bought a Fobus holster of just this type, and now I question if I would even carry it on the range let alone anywhere that I felt I was likely to encounter someone who would attempt to disarm me. Just figured that people here might want to know about the risks of this type of holster as there pretty much is nothing worse than having your own weapon turned against you.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A few years ago I had a knife that came with a kydex holster. It worked great for about a month. Once it was worn no amount of tightening could keep the blade in there.

Plus the kydex has a permanent and obvious profile taking up space and looking suspicious.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah its a nice holster for around the house, but I no longer feel comfortable wearing it in public, the only thing I trust anymore is my IWB leather holster by Galco.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Look into the Bladetech IWB holsters. Pricey but they're rock solid. I have one for my Glock 22.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

This only works on Kydex holsters with rotary feature. This wouldn't happen with the traditional ones that aren't on a swivel. You can buy Fobus holster with or without the rotary feature.

Also, if you have a traditional holster in the paddle version, this may happen depending how tight it is on you. This won't happen if the person was using a belt holster.

top topics

join