It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free online college courses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
cant get to it - tried a few different PC's on different networks....wonder if its a proxy issue - will try at home tonight....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Because maybe ATS is a forum that has a community, not just random snippets of concepts by anonymous people happy to only argue?

Maybe the community can help share information with each other, in a non-conspiratorial format, on the odd occasion?

Maybe if it's something not in tone with what you're seeking, you can perhaps attend to one of the many other threads made for your pleasure?

Just guessing...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey these are cool!

Do I actually get an official diploma if I pass?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

I don't think so.

You get something much more important.

You get educated on "the real" world around you.

and, of course, enjoy the information.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Damnit it, I want a certificate from MIT

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

I am sorry about that.

But you will get a degree in ATS Shows you the REAL World.

And we include a tinfoil hat with every finished course.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
If you ever reach a point where you just don't want to learn anymore you might as well plant yourself and give something a chance to grow off your remains.

If you aren't growing then you aren't living.

As my late great uncle who lived though the great depression, was an orphan and a self made millionaire said: "Never stop learning, no matter what always continue to learn."

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The sites posted on the first page (from the OP and a reply) are outstanding. S&F for the find and the link.

As to the person who asked why this is on a conspiracy forum? Isnt it obvious? What better way to Deny Ignorance than to gain knowledge?

Great posting. Thanks for these.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

been meaning to ask you but I never got around to it: so, who is this william? is it prince william?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
finally, a thread i feel worthy of flagging. This is a great find, I'm always up for learning new things. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

William is a well know and respected board member.

He has dealt with significant health issues.

The sig shows my and others continuing support for a good member and a great person.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Jesus - I love learning, don't get me wrong, but if I mention learning to my peeps I get the "what do you think" will be blah blah blah.

I look at these people like they're already dead. Educated people who are cluless that anything is changing in this country, wondering about five years out as if everything will be the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaraThustra

Only the "truly" educated prepare for the challenges that are to come.

Learn about what you want to do as well as what "bad-guys" think and act.
(know your enemy).

I am truly pleased that so many people are taking advantage of this fine resource.

I try to make a point of posting great resource info whenever I run across it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

thanks for this link!!!! furthering the intelligence of a human and for free! yippee!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ah, I know I'm late, but this is awesome. I'm just trying to find something that fits my needs.

I'm looking to extend my musical knowledge and I'm finding a bunch that fit into that category, as well as other little interests of mine.

Did anybody come across anything Herpetology related in these links? I haven't seen anything, though sadly I assume there wouldn't be.

(For those unaware, Herpetology is the study of Reptiles and Amphibians)

Anyway, Flagged!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thank you very much, this will help me to be a better person.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
That's an interesting idea! Thanks for sharing.
There should be more free teaching. I mean, with the web, anyone can teach as a hobby. That's what some people do on ATS.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You think any of these could be used on a Resume?

Say if you completed a course, would it be beneficial to include it on a Resume or is it something best left out?

I figure it'd show a sign that you're a person who likes to constantly learn more. But it could also give off negative impressions too..

Hrm..

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akherousia

I guess as long as you made it clear that you did not go there and don't have school records, it was simply a learning resource, like listing books you have read.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
True, though now that I think about it this kind of information would be best kept for interview material.

It'd be a good way to show dedication and a desire to learn more, but would probably look out of place on a resume. Hm..

Obviously I'm not doing these just because of that, it's because I really like to learn more things, it's just that I need a job and if I could kill two birds with one stone, why not?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join