It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Won the Vietnam War ! - Yes you heard right.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yes ,USA won vietnam war , maybe in the OP's dreams

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
This whole thread is full of the type of people I can't wait to see crying, when america falls on it's own sword.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

this had me laughing ,friend .Most americans seem to very gung ho about violence on third world and the great irony of all they claim its humantarian

its not humantarian ,but definitely luciferian

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
My pops was a South Vietnamese Officer. The war could have been won, but the Americans were arrogant pricks and it cost them the war. First the CIA killed the South Vietnamese president, someone who the people would have followed to the death. But when he was dead, everything crumble because there was no real leadership after him.

My dad also said the Americans were idiots because they would get picked off real easy. They tend to take the roads and it was booby trapped and they got jacked up. They only thing the did well was kill civilians and bomb the sh17 out random towns that's why there is a major diffence in the death tolls If they would only fought side by side with the South Vietnamese army like Afganistan they would have a better chance in winning the war, but instead they thought they can take out the North by themselves and it came back to haunt them.
edit on 23-3-2011 by amfirst because: (no reason given)

Not to disrespect your father, but he is profoundly wrong. Our rules of engagement restricted us from executing war effectively. We were not even allowed to directly attack the North's supply lines that wound through Laos.

If we were so easy to pick off, why are there 58,200+ dead Americans and the North's OWN numbers state over 825,000 regular army and 250,000 viet cong killed.

Seems your dad missed his bet on which side was easier to kill. But contrary to the opinion of the original poster in this thread, number killed do not dictate who wins a war.

America's mistake was getting involed in someone else's Civil War. Not on their ability to fight, ...nor their aim.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
lets judge who won a war be how many soldiers come home and commit suicide.
between the vietnam fiasco and the gulf fiasco
thats some three hundred fifty thousand anerican soldiers
KILLED THEMSELVES
who needs an enemy?

lets judge who won a war by their morals.
between the vietnam fiasco ( the gulf of tonkin never happened)
Iraq - no WMDs
well oil
Afganistan - offered to give up OBL they just wanted PROOF,
well stopped growing dope, f'ed up deal on pipe line
Libya - jeez no reason given,
well oil, oh and gold

oh all these invasions were on the books before these crimes that never even happened
change the rules all you want
even cheating
you will NEVER be a winner.

the US
when you gotta play games like this to come out a winner
thats a sign of the biggest loser the world has ever seen
remember custer?
jeez makin rambo movies
that make you feel touff ?
well at least it isn't an outright lie like everything else given
edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
America won because they killed more? WTF?
Well americans have murdered more americans since the vietnam war ended than americans killed vietnamese in the vietnam war, so who's the winner now?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
If we were so easy to pick off, why are there 58,200+ dead Americans and the North's OWN numbers state over 825,000 regular army and 250,000 viet cong killed.

Probably because the the Vietnamese did not have the advantage of saturation bombing. I take note that when others bring the war to America...everybody says "No Fair!"
edit on 23-3-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende
This whole thread is full of the type of people I can't wait to see crying, when america falls on it's own sword.

Yep, America is always the bad guy.

Nah, the people crying will be you, when the balance of power is completely shifted. Have fun in the Pacific Rim when your new masters come to call.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
America hasnt won a war since 1776 and WW2. We couldn't win a war these days even if the enemy declared a full surrender.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Guys some of you who have rehashed this old thread and expressed surprise or disbelief in it's claim need to be aware of something. This OP was kicked off and banned from ATS precisely because he wrote deranged rubbish like this. I dont recall whether it was this post or the one where he made incredibly racist comments about African Americans but either way it was the final straw for the mods and he was removed, he is a sad little lunatic and he is gone now. Probably best just to let this thread fade away like all his others, it just gives him notoriety he doesn't deserve.

LEE.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
America hasnt won a war since 1776 and WW2. We couldn't win a war these days even if the enemy declared a full surrender.

Really? Hmmmm....interesting. I think I read somewhere that the US was on the "winning" side of WW1.

Korea was a UN action.

Vietnam was a goat rope. The US left before we could lose.

Iraq and A-stan are ongoing.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
I was thinking about the Vietnam war when suddenly it struck me that we Americans had actually won that war ALTHOUGH HISTORY BOOKS CLAIM WE LOST.

YOU SEE THE WINNING OF WARS NEEDS TO BE REDEFINED.

It is no longer about territory.It is about how many were killed.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by esecallum]

I hope this a wind up.
If not why don't you ( the OP ) sign up and see how long you last in a war. You would'nt last 2 minutes.
Douche.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

America didn't win WW2 mate. You were only in it for the last 3 years. I think what you meant to say was America helped the European coalition defeat Germany and Japan. Granted without Americas help things may have gone differently but it was a joint effort none the less.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

You won the war "well hey ask your veterans if they won" im sure they would tell you if anyone wins in war.But yeah im sure the statictics will prove the body count in favour of US/PRO AMERICAN VIETNAMESE/AUSTRAILIAN/FRENCH win ..communism defeated by western forces hooraay..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Leonidas

The US army has made mistakes but they have learned from just as the Brits have.The Enemy they fought had good scope for knowing what US forces where doing due to high levels of vietcong spies.I can imagine THE WAR as the thread puts it and what footage ive seen was hell.I have done active service in 2 wars zones.But this war was the full monty.Long foot patrols hot jungle full of bugs and snakes that ya dont want to be to near.What these guys did drafted or not was remarkable respect i think..yeah in my view they won alright every man jack..
edit on 27-4-2011 by gavlar1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Ya forgot liberation of Kuwait policing of bosnia invasion of and bombing of kosovo

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Americans... this guy, this mentality; it's the reason why a lot of foreigners dislike or even hate american culture and mentality.

Beware the beast Man. For he is the Devil's pawn.
Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed.
Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land.
Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours.

Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death. .

Why are we giving monkeys the time of the day?

Originally posted by pavil

Though it pains me to dignify this with a response.

Did the Axis win WWII?

I don't really know.. but you could certainly argue that, Operation Paperclip - the U.S. government certainly took on a nazi like character more and more after that.

But it wouldn't be a fair description since the elite play both sides of most every conflict.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

lmao I'm not sure if that post was serious but thanks for the laugh, I didn't know some people actually thought this way.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Viet Nam was not a MILITARY defeat. the objective was to maintain the independence of South Vietnam and we did so as NV signed a treaty guaranteeing peace.

several years after the war NV invaded SV (again) and there was not the will in the US government to fight a 2nd war.

the Vietnamese economy is growing only because it's leadership is allowing small-scale capitalistic enterprises (including tourist activities for US vets). idealogically we may yet be the victors.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It was a war to prevent the spread of communism. The end goal of the United States was not achieved in Vietnam.

Iraq is a different story. The US and it's allies did get rid of Saddam but now they are nothing more than occupiers.
What's the goal now? Stability? That word is an oxymoron in the Middle East.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join