It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Manipulation - Palestinians Dancing on 9/11 Vids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The aim of this thread is to put to rest the ‘Palestinians celebrating 9/11’ videos which circled the internet after 9/11 and caused a lot of anger across America. These videos are clearly media manipulation.

The video was originally played by Fox News on that day. Various videos then appeared showing other Palestinians apparently celebrating 9/11 across other news networks. These videos are routinely used by anti-Palestinian and anti-Muslim people across the internet to show that the whole of Palestine or that all Muslims are evil, hate America, and where celebrating the death of thousands of innocent Americans, even though they show no evidence that this was related to 9/11 or that it involved more than a small group of people.

I aim to show that there is no evidence to support that these videos are related to 9/11, and that there is only a small group of people involved in the incident. The videos all show the same group of people from different angles.

Please stay on topic. This thread is not a Palestine vs Israel discussion and all replies should relate to the videos and their content.

Video Analysis

Fox News Video

I will draw your attention to particular people within this video.

2 second – man in blue shirt with sunglasses on

6 seconds – Woman dancing while having cake offered to her from behind the camera

20 seconds – Men clapping in a white van

Now, I ask you to make an assessment of the number of people actually taking part in this celebration. Majority of those ‘celebrating’ are also young children.

The reporter makes an incorrect ascertation stating that the ‘V sign for victory is being displayed’. The sign is given by a child and is also a sign for ‘peace’.

There is no evidence presented in this video that this relates to 9/11. There is nothing anti-American. The only evidence it presents is that this is a small group of people, mostly children, dancing while one is being offered cake.

Fox News also claimed on 12th Sept that ‘about 3,000 people poured into the streets of Nablus shortly after the attacks began’ Story

Where are the videos of these 3,000 people?

CNN Video

I will again draw your attention to particular people within this video:

6 seconds – A boy in a blue and green top, the man in a blue shirt and sunglasses again and a man in a white top

9 seconds – the same woman dancing, who we saw being offered cake in the Fox video

The man in the white top shown at 6 seconds is interviewed at the end. The reporter claims he says ‘This is a sweet from Osama Bin Laden’. The reporter however talks over this man, meaning that we cannot hear anything that this man says to verify if this is indeed actually what was said. CNN is the only news channel to claim this is what this man said. Why did no other news channels report this?

If anyone can lip read Arabic please let us know what this man is actually saying to verify if this is correct or not.

The video shows the same footage and small group of people as the Fox video, with no evidence that it relates to 9/11.

MSNBC Video

Again, I’ll identify people within the video to prove this is taken from the same footage as the Fox and CNN videos:

6 seconds – The boy in the blue and green top.

13 seconds – Men clapping in a white van

29 seconds – The boy in the blue and green top again and the white van again

Again, it is clear to see that this video shows the same people small group of people as the other two and shows no evidence of what day the footage was taken on or the reason for the celebration.

Please also note that none of this footage is live, or claims to be live.

I found this video

which shows different camera angles of the cake being offered to the dancing woman. It also claims that a German TV news station discovered that these people were only happy due to the cake and sweets, and that the woman apologised for people believing she was celebrating 9/11. However I can find no evidence to support this claim.

If anyone speaks German and can try to verify these claims for me I’d be greatful.

Conclusion

The media sensationalised these video to cause outrage across America. The origin of the footage cannot be confirmed. The claim is that is was taken by a Reuters reporter, yet no mention of the story or footage appears on the Reuters website. The reason for these people dancing, or the day the footage was taken cannot be verified. Majority of those involved are children, and the infamous ‘dancing woman’ is having cake waved in her face from behind the camera.

The evidence that can be taken from this is that the footage shows only a small group of people dancing over something and being offered cake. Nothing more.

These videos are commonly used to promote an anti-Palestinian and anti-Islamic agenda without any evidence to support the medias claims of what they show.

Edit to fix my spelling!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Nammu]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

It wasn't Palestinians dancing it was Israeli's....

9-11 Mossad Agents Admit Mission
www.erichufschmid.net...

That topic discussed on ATS:
Another 9/11 smoking gun: The "Dancing Israelis" arrested on 9/11 ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Nammu,

I am very impressed at the implication behind this story. I will respect your desires and not delve into the strong Israeli influence in our media.

I think it would be extremely relevant at this point for an ATS journalist to visit Palestine, find these people, and interview them about their glee.

I wonder if ATS is eligible for Pulitzer Nominations, and can they afford the cost?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The video footage from CNN and Fox News has not been manipulated. Except by the anti-semitic, anti-zionists to 'prove the Palestinians were not celebrating the Terrorist attacks on the US September 11, 2001. The Footage from East Jerusalem is only footage the Palestinian Authority couldn't suppress through their death threats against the cameramen and reporters who covered the Palestinian Celebrations in Nablus, the Gaza Strip and in Lebanon. At the video of the V for Victory sign you can clearly hear the words Allah is Great in arabic.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED

.... anti-semitic, anti-zionists ...

Name-calling.

for shame...

How is this so?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PGTWEED

Care to offer some evidence for your comments? I been avidly searching for any evidence of your claim about death threats made towards the cameramen and reporters over the Palestinian celbrations in Nablus, the Gaza Strip and in Lebanon and i'm finding absolutely nothing at all. No evidence they celebrated. No evidence of death threats.

Oh yeah, and what's wrong with Allah is great? All that means is God is great. I fail to see how this either relates to the topic at hand or the baseless points you have made.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wasn't just on West Bank - here in Northern NJ there is large concentration
of Arab/Turkisk Muslims

On Sept 11 when word of the WTC attacks spread many came out into streets to celebrate. That is until Puerto Ricans in the community
began kicking the crap out of the ragheads...

In another town nearby at a Donut shop owned by Arabs - began cheering
when WTC tower collapsed. Several people in the shop objected and
then beat the #$%^ out of them. Afterwards nobody in town went near
that place again until went bankrupt

Ever wonder why world despises Palestinians....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by PGTWEED

.... anti-semitic, anti-zionists ...

Name-calling.

for shame...

How is this so?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Maxmars]
The opening poster 'Claims' that the footage is not from 9/11. He is supporting an old Urban Legend which was debunked by CNN, Fox News. He has no clue how news events are reported.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

You talk about 'arabs' but were they Palestinian?

Why would you despise an entire nation of people for the actions of a very few bad people of the same race? Sounds just as bad as terrorists who despise all Americans and Brits because of the actions of the bad few does it not.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by PGTWEED

Care to offer some evidence for your comments? I been avidly searching for any evidence of your claim about death threats made towards the cameramen and reporters over the Palestinian celbrations in Nablus, the Gaza Strip and in Lebanon and i'm finding absolutely nothing at all. No evidence they celebrated. No evidence of death threats.

Oh yeah, and what's wrong with Allah is great? All that means is God is great. I fail to see how this either relates to the topic at hand or the baseless points you have made.
Google: Palestinians Celebrating 9/11. arabterrorism.tripod.com Palestinians rejoice, threaten journalists. Saying Allah is Great in the posted videos CONFIRM BEYOND DOUBT THEY ARE CELEBRATING THE 9/11 ATTACKS!!!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by PGTWEED]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PGTWEED

He's a she thanks

And i offered no evidence that the footage was not taken on 9/11. Please read and understand my post again.

I state there no evidence either way. The footage may or may not have been taken on 9/11. It's impossible to tell. If you can find evidence of the origin of the footage, apart from the hearsay that it came from Reuters or was stock footage, then please do present it. I'm coming up blank with any good evidence so i'm leaving myself open to either possibility.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted by PGTWEED
The video footage from CNN and Fox News has not been manipulated. Except by the anti-semitic, anti-zionists to 'prove the Palestinians were not celebrating the Terrorist attacks on the US September 11, 2001. The Footage from East Jerusalem is only footage the Palestinian Authority couldn't suppress through their death threats against the cameramen and reporters who covered the Palestinian Celebrations in Nablus, the Gaza Strip and in Lebanon. At the video of the V for Victory sign you can clearly hear the words Allah is Great in arabic.

That is hilarious. We have absolute proof that the MOSSAD Zionists across the river from the WTC, were videotaping and dancing with glee when the Towers were imploding from demolition charges and thousands of people and 1st responders were dying.

We have proof that the MOSSAD Zionist Israelis were arrested by the FBI and deported back to Zionist occupied Palestine by the US Government.

As to your slur against the Palestinian people; Islamic people often chant the takbīr Allahu Akbar (GOD is Greater) on many many occasions (call to prayers, birth of a baby, etc), and besides the prostitute US Mainstream News Media is always falsifying news and adding sound in the background of videos. We are used to their propaganda tactics here in America. Some day we will hang the whole lot of them and start over with a new free press media in America.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
In another town nearby at a Donut shop owned by Arabs - began cheering
when WTC tower collapsed.

You mean they instantly knew it was an Islamist terrorist attack by watching the towers fall ?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Right On!

Those two anecdotes sound like made up stories to me.They are too vague.Not exactly calling out the poster,but,but,can't finish the sentence.Someone might consider that blatant lies insult the intelligence and backfire.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Here is BBC video about "dancing Israelis" - interview women who witness
them and called police, arresting officer and the "dancing Israelis" themselves.

While admitting they were part of some Moussad operation said had
not carried out any operations yet....

911myths.com...-11_Conspiracies

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Thanks for posting that link thedman. It also shows that media manipulation may have been used by The New York Times and Fox in the story about the dancing Israelis as well. The media also twisted the story to include them being found with explosives as well. This really demonstrates that the media cannot be trusted in any way.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

What you call "media manipulation" is in most cases simple confusion

In a fast changing situation all sort of rumors and misinformation
are reported with little time to check things out

Many news organizations to get the story out will report unconfirmed
or distorted stories rather than wait for full confirmation

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Yes, exactly. And because they are honnest and mindful, when it happens, they inform the public of the mistake and correct it with explanations and clarifications.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by PGTWEED

He's a she thanks

And i offered no evidence that the footage was not taken on 9/11. Please read and understand my post again.

I state there no evidence either way. The footage may or may not have been taken on 9/11. It's impossible to tell. If you can find evidence of the origin of the footage, apart from the hearsay that it came from Reuters or was stock footage, then please do present it. I'm coming up blank with any good evidence so i'm leaving myself open to either possibility.
Nice try, your opening post takes the position that the footage of a small crowd of Palestinians Celebrating the 9/11 attacks is not from 9/11 but, old footage made to look like it did by the mainstream media. Shortly after the footage of Palestinians celebrating the 9/11 attacks was aired. Palestinian Authority representatives apologized on air for the celebrations on 9/11. There is no need for an 'Official apology' if the Palestinians were not celebrating the 9/11 attacks. The dancing woman apologized for her actions on 9/11. The footage of the celebrations in Nablus, Bethlehem and Ramallah show PA security forces firing their guns in celebration of the attacks. The Associated Press filed a formal complaint to the PA for death threats. Arafat's Cabinet Secretary said " that they could not gaurantee the producers, reporters, and cameramens lives if they aired the footage."

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PGTWEED

Nice try, your opening post takes the position that the footage of a small crowd of Palestinians Celebrating the 9/11 attacks is not from 9/11 but, old footage made to look like it did by the mainstream media

Lol. Please understand my argument. There is no proof that is was filmed on 9/11. Same as there is no proof that it wasn't. It very well may have been filmed on that day. It might have been filmed on a different day. There's no way for us to verify this with hard evidence so far.

And the whole point of this thread is not to proove or disprove people did celebrate (i'm in no doubt that some did due to the fact America supports Israel in such a large way and has had a hand in ME affairs for so long). The point is to demonstrate that these videos show nothing more than a small group of people celebrating, the date cannot be verified and the reason for celebration cannot be verified. These videos are regularly used to promote an anti-muslim and anti-palestinian agenda, yet show nothing more than a small group of people celebrating something that cannot be verified on a day that cannot be verified.

If people want to use Palestinians celebrating 9/11 in any argument, other evidence must be used rather than these videos constantly being circulated all the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join