It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 8 - Did something crash in Arlington TX?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
Saw this on Twitter

Got a tweet from someone who "builds jet fighters"... it said "That was a non-flying test aircraft from Lockheed Martin being sent to England."

Tweet from same guy:

It was basically a full scale F35 model built to test for stress and such.

Lockheed is in west Fort Worth and I 20 would be the logical route. But why would anyone want a non flying F35?

As to the video I posted above. It does not look like it was the one in question, look more like a movie prop. It does show it is not that uncommon. I am beginning to lean toward it being something of ours given the proximity of Lockheed and the Joint Naval Air Reserve in west Fort Worth. However, it does not look like the pics I have seen of an F35.

Are they corporate buildings or testing sites though? Because I don't think corporate deals with that. There's Raytheon here too but I don't recall them shipping actual parts. Could be wrong though...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
Saw this on Twitter

Got a tweet from someone who "builds jet fighters"... it said "That was a non-flying test aircraft from Lockheed Martin being sent to England."

Tweet from same guy:

It was basically a full scale F35 model built to test for stress and such.

Yeah, this has been mentioned before. Why didn't said guy post this himself? Sounds completely bogus.

A non-flying test craft being sent to England? Why would it not be tested locally? More to the point, why would they try to ship that huge thing? Answer: they wouldn't. They'd ship smaller parts and assemble later.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
F-35

Definitely doesn't look like an f-35 at all

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

I know, right? There is not one single part of that plane that resembles what is on that trailer. I find it amusing that none of the skeptics out there have come up with anything better.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
agree... I find it hard to believe the two most probable assumptions

1. Its a UFO, that the government is hiding in plan sight

2. Its an unannounced 'movie prop' that caused I-20 to be shut down without prior notice

However, I do hope that it is some sort of UFO... Unfortionately we will probably never know....

[edit on 15-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot
Hell, the pictures themselves indicate they were taken at 2:40AM, which fits in exactly with the timeline as I remember it being reported.
Or maybe not, the images' metadata has two dates/times, probably the time the photos were taken and the time they were saved with that white area around them (I don't know any camera or camera-phone that adds a white border to make the image bigger).

The two times for the two photos are:
2009:08:07 22:55:51 - 2009:08:08 02:40:34
2009:08:07 22:55:54 - 2009:08:08 02:40:03

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The "Saved" time, yes. That's because they were being copied around through different timezones.

The photos say they were taken on 08/08 at 2:40AM.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

So, are you saying that the photos was taken 3h 44minafter they were saved?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yes.

Because they were saved in a different time zone that was hours behind where they were taken.

Simple, no?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

Are they corporate buildings or testing sites though? Because I don't think corporate deals with that. There's Raytheon here too but I don't recall them shipping actual parts. Could be wrong though...

Lockheed Martin makes and tests aircraft. It is in far west fort worth. The joint Naval Air Reserve base is an airfield for the military. It is east of Lockheed but still in west fort worth.

If this was a test aircraft for Lockheed it would not need to go down I20 in arlington. It would logically be transported by a military craft, unless it needed to go by ship and was on the way to the coast.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I didn't thought of that.

That means a time zone difference of at least 4 hours, and if it was sooner when it was saved then who saved the photos was 4 hours West of where the photo was taken, right?

Edited to add: or was using a laptop with the time-zone set to 4 hours sooner.

[edit on 15/8/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I see it as taken at around 10 pm and saved at 2am. If this is true, it falls right in line with the "loud booms" and the call into the radio. Only seems to verify witness accounts in my opinon.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Heh, look at that.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I see it as taken at around 10 pm and saved at 2am.

Nah, other way around. Personally I'd ignore the 'report'. The guy clearly says he didn't even see the damn thing, he just heard it on the radio. Also claims he would have reported it sooner but he didn't have internet access. Whether intentional or not, it's disinfo.

The whole thing kicked off MUCH later than 9pm.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Cool!! Glad to see the story spreading. I hope it leads to people coming forward that heard the call. Thanks for posting it.
Yeah, the time is irrelevant since either way they were clearly taken on the day in question and not just some photos the guy found on the net.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Seems that a video has surfaced. I'm not quite sure to make of it but the style of vans and the road signs make me question if this was even filmed in the US.

I so don't know what to make of the audio but it doesn't even sound related to what's being seen.

Video was found from URL below

Examiner.com - Dallas

[edit on 15-8-2009 by TXRabbit]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ok after posting that video and seeing the title of it while idle I can honestly say that it's NOT any evidence of what happened last week. This video is from May sometime.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Seems that a video has surfaced. I'm not quite sure to make of it but the style of vans and the road signs make me question if this was even filmed in the US.

I so don't know what to make of the audio but it doesn't even sound related to what's being seen.

Video was found from URL below

Examiner.com - Dallas

[edit on 15-8-2009 by TXRabbit]

pretty sure that';s not in dallas and not related directly

[edit on 15-8-2009 by bananasam]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ok, not kidding around here. I was out on the back patio smoking and looknig up as usual. I was looking southwest, I'm just south of I-20, I saw what I thought was Sirius. I was saying to myself, wow is that colorful tonight. I kept looking and seeing it change colors, the red was very distinct and bright. I was thinking wow, she's really gassy tonight until I looked the other direction and saw the actual Sirius. Thinking it was still a star because it was not moving, I watched it for several minutes, even got out the digital to try and record it, but I couln't see it in the frame, so I stopped recording. After about 15 minutes, I went in to finish some kitchen work. I followed my husband back outside about 10 minutes later to show it to him, WELL IT'S GONE NOW. I don't want to appear to have ufo hysteria, but this was weird.
Anyone else in TX out there see this? It would have been far south of Fort Worth, about 60 degrees from the horizon, changing colors.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Ok, not kidding around here. I was out on the back patio smoking and looknig up as usual. I was looking southwest, I'm just south of I-20, I saw what I thought was Sirius. I was saying to myself, wow is that colorful tonight. I kept looking and seeing it change colors, the red was very distinct and bright. I was thinking wow, she's really gassy tonight until I looked the other direction and saw the actual Sirius. Thinking it was still a star because it was not moving, I watched it for several minutes, even got out the digital to try and record it, but I couln't see it in the frame, so I stopped recording. After about 15 minutes, I went in to finish some kitchen work. I followed my husband back outside about 10 minutes later to show it to him, WELL IT'S GONE NOW. I don't want to appear to have ufo hysteria, but this was weird.
Anyone else in TX out there see this? It would have been far south of Fort Worth, about 60 degrees from the horizon, changing colors.

I've seen an object changing colors near George Bush highway north of Dallas. I was pretty sure it wasn't something abnormal, but hey.. who knows.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join