It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Specter in Lebanon, PA; What a classless Jackhole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I watched the Arlen Specter Town hall meeting last night on C-Span in Lebanon, PA, i started watching when he was on question number 3. The meeting was about healthcare reform first and foremost but there were also questions and comments about Cap and trade and the failed bailout and Cash for Clunkers that has been yet another miserable failure. I watched as he moved from question to question without taking anytime to actually answer anyones questions, on multiple occasions he looked down at his watched and i notived multiple times the little "yes man" running around with the microphone was doing the heavy breathing or rolling the eyes stuff. I know some of these observations may seem nit picky but i see it as a total lack of respect and care for the people's concerns.

There was one thing that one man said there that i have thought on many occasions; If the Government "knows" we "want" this new and socialized healthcare why not just put it up for referendum for 2010, take a public vote. case closed, it woudl be voted on and shot down, no need to discuss it further. They shoudl be working on ways to twaek and fix the current health care system and work on the unemployment issue rather than force Obama's or teh NWO's agenda through, because that's exactly what this is, it's teh forcinfg of an agenda down our throats and it's time they ( the government) know that we will not stand for this tyranny any longer.

You have most certainly bitten off more than you can chew this time Mr. Esablishment and Mr. Big Business and Mr. Banker, because one day there will be no one to defend you or your policies, the police will turn on you, the military will turn on you and you will be the shivering lil' rat in the corner. Our own military will not fire upon there own people, the good cops will join us, teh bad cops will meet their destined fate when they are overrun and toppled and the you will be left alone, all alone and at the mercy of the people you enslaved and robbed for decades. enjoy your fate Mr. Government.

www.youtube.com...

The man who proposes the referendum is later on in the meeting but this link will get you to the vid, not that anyone needs the help using youtube lol. Specter almost doesnt know what to say to this because a public vote is more foreign to this government that and playstation and you can tell that they would never even consider such a thing because they know there bill would get shutdown

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I saw the same thing on C-span. To me it seemed like exactly what you described, a blatiant lack of concern for what the people wanted.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Like many of us you have described the kind of 'reality' vs. 'image' awakening that comes with actual observation of those career politicians, or as I call them, clowns.

As members of a generation who spent a significant portion of their free (leisure) time 'observing' media productions, we were led to believe, in almost every case, that the 'image' of the politician of which we were 'informed,' was reality.

Then, those who are inclined to 'continue' to learn - beyond the box of complacent conformity - begin to construct the the truth out of the framework of productions others take as the whole picture.

Eventually, as all people do, we begin to communicate what we see... to the chagrin of some, the king has no clothes.

I must work towards a nonviolent solution to confronting and illuminating this paradigm (whether constructed or evolved), which only leads the the diminshment of the human condition.

No one should ever have to die for the truth.

To compel someone to take a life - even for freedom - is a treacherous path, fraught with abuse, and littered with the very tools that stand in freedom's way. Like Mr. Ghandi, I am not 'willing' to kill. I know, a reckoning is inevitable, and for the sake of efficiency, I intend to hurry it along - but I will not simply hand someone an excuse to shackle me into a 'free-speech zone' or some contrived "security" excuse the SCOTUS uses to conceal detention.

We have three branches of of government, all three are insulated by money, leaving behind the productive lifeblood of the country, it's citizens, reclassifying us as 'human resources' - the grist for their mill.

Their plans are about what they have come to consider the 'sanctity' of their 'order', an order, or status quo, which has only to do with keeping the masses in line, while protecting their position and glory. The moneylenders feed upon that, and use all their powers to keep it under their influence.

Sorry.... [/rant]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Arlen Specter. What a guy what a guy.

# 1 : He is a lawyer

# 2 : He is a politician

# 3 : He has been a senator since 1981

Need I say more?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thank you for the responses to all who do or have. Also one more comment by one of the attendees really made sense and i give the man kudos for saying directly to Specters face, he said that since Sen Specter is in his twilight years as a senator, that he should vote for Term Limits so that we can get new faces in the houses on a regular basis so that there is only a limited time one can destroy the trust in his people and his opwn country.

In response to the comment Mr. Specter kinda chuckled and said he was NOT in teh twilight of his career or life for that matter. Come on the man is what? 74? i believe, by that time we had to take my grandfathers license away, it's time to hang up the political cleats and saunter off on into the sunset with the rest of the nefarious thugs of capitol hill.

My guess is he's in just as much if not more denial than anyone else. I fully support term limits on any and all public servants and i would even go as far as to say the Supreme Court as well, its not right that they get to chill their entire life out making and breaking this country and we can prevent anymore of the Alito's and Roberts and most defintely the Sotomayors of the world.

The Stink coming out of Washington D.C. is enough to gag a maggot!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Arlen Specter. What a guy what a guy.

# 1 : He is a lawyer

# 2 : He is a politician

# 3 : He has been a senator since 1981

Need I say more?

Nope, you need not say anymore! Lawyers should not be politicians because it's a breeding ground for bias and unsavory behavior, there should be no such thing as a "career" politician" it just gives them time to work around teh system as opposed to working within the system. And as i stated above theres no reason why this man or any other should be a senator for 28 years, absolutely TERM LIMITS that way a bad congressional or senate choice is a one time mistake not a near three decade debacle. And obviously that's not all of them but it describes most.

new topics

top topics

join