It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials see rise in militia groups across US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A comment from a recent Town hall attendee needs to be heeded by the government..The lady said, "you have waken up a sleeping giant"., as she was talking to one of the government reps.

This is exactly what has happened. The oh so smart Obama administration finally figured out that everybody wasn't on board with the Healt plan as he thought they were. The middle aged and elderly have come alive. Also, the statement made by the woman equally applies to the militia groups. They have awaken from their snooze, and they will be reckoned with, one way or the other. The scary thing being, they are ready for a fight. There's a lot of pent up anger there.

These fringe groups if you will, are waiting for some unknown tripwire to set them off. Only they know what that is. I'm not sure the government realizes the depth of hate, and general frustration they have stirred up. And it's not going away.

I think the idea of seeing a rise in militia groups, is merely an awakening of the ones already sitting on ready. it's coming, get used to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

During the last 8 years the gov was way more onerous than it is today (IMHO). Yet there was a HUGE group of people who felt I should, as you say, "bend over and take it". Unfortunately, these are now mostly the same people who are attempting to take the Gov to task.

WAKE UP!

Many of us WERE fighting the Bush and the Clinton and now the Obama. Go HERE and checkout the dates. As a matter of fact I was just at a meeting with a few other people last night talking to someone who is going to run for a Senate seat next year.

I highly resent extreme leftists who can not see that this is not just about the USA.
If Obama bankrupts this country and He very likely could all our social safetynet programs go down the tubes.

Iceland goes Bankrupt:

"We are calling on the world to help us get rid of this corrupt government," Sturla Jonsson, one of protesters said in a midnight phone call from downtown Reykjavik where a crowd of about 2,000 still surrounded the Althingi House, in front of which a bonfire continued to burn. The protesters pounded drums and other instruments, shouted slogans against the government and parliament and threw eggs and food items, even old shoes at the house of parliament.... protesters, whom police fought all day with teargas, pepperspray, and clubs, vowed to stay downtown all night, "and as long as we have to" Jonsson said. "And I want to tell you that the people gathered here are not "activists" or "militants," he added, "they are just ordinary adults of all ages."

.... Unemployment rose 45% between November and December, and a recent survey indicated that 40% of households and 70% of businesses were technically bankrupt. Since the fall of the banks in October, there have been no resignations from the government, the boards of the now nationalized banks have remained substantially the same, and weekly gatherings calling for new elections have been ignored.

Americans will certainly recognize strong parallels between Iceland's current situation and their own...

"Iceland is bankrupt," said Arsaell Valfells, a professor at the University of Iceland. "The Icelandic krona is history. The IMF has to come and rescue us." Finance minister Arni Mathiesen, in Washington for the IMF/World Bank meetings, did not dismiss the possibilitity: "We will certainly keep this option open, but we have not yet made a decision." Source

So what does IMF/World Bank DO to a country once they have them in their power?

Structural Adjustment Policies are economic policies which countries must follow in order to qualify for new World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) loans and help them make debt repayments on the older debts owed to commercial banks, governments and the World Bank....
SAPs often result in deep cuts in programmes like education, health and socail care, and the removal of subsidizes designed to control the prices of basics such as food and milk. So SAPs hurt the poor most.... Source

Your hero Maurice Strong, father of the Environmental movement and David Rockefeller (the Rockefellers fund Greenpeace Sierra Club....) are advisors to the World Bank.

Under his later successor, David Rockefeller, the bank became part of a bank holding company, the Chase Manhattan Corporation.

The Chase Bank has had a strong connection to the World Bank, as three presidents (John J. McCloy, Eugene Black and George Woods) all worked at Chase before taking up positions at the international bank. A fourth president, James D. Wolfensohn, is also closely associated with Rockefeller, serving as a director of the Rockefeller Foundation, amongst other family-created institutions.

Rockefeller has also for many years hosted annual luncheons at the family's Westchester County Pocantico estate for the world's finance ministers and central bank governors, following the annual Washington meetings of the World Bank and IMF. Source

Isn't it amazing what information a dumb southern farmer knows?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpotatohead

I think the idea of seeing a rise in militia groups, is merely an awakening of the ones already sitting on ready. it's coming, get used to it.

That is for sure. There are groups out there I tripped over several years ago. The gradual erosion of our Constitution has been watched with growing dismay by these dudes and some of these guys have been preparing for over a decade.

Normally they are polite, quiet and law abiding but they will not allow much more trashing of the Constitution. And yes these southern hicks are real dumb, why as a matter of fact the city up the street has more PhDs per capita than any other city in the USA!!! Yes Suh real dumb

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetatronCubensis
this stuff is making me sick, what happened to 'a well regulated militia'? it's in a good old document that keeps getting torn to pieces.
I'm starting to think they really do want a shooting war with the american people.
sad.

How do you propose you regulate militias?

I don't see militias themselves being a bad thing, but the nutjobs out there hoarding military hardware and ambushing cops are giving militias a bad image. I'm sure the government likes to see groups of people congregate to militias because it's easier to keep tabs on them. Individuals can be hard to track, groups not so much.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I'm not aware of ANY state militia that has had a blowout with the cops in even remotely modern times.

I'm aware that people generally have this vision of a state militia as a bunch of hillbillies with guns. However, I think that more research is imperative before just making a large and generalized assumption about EVERY militia nationwide based on whatever tiny pieces of information on said subject.

The writers of the Constitution wrote a few rights and powers into the document in order to give us, the American citizens, the ability to take back our government if it gets too big, too powerful, too greedy, and if it begins acting without the best interest of the citizens of this country in mind. Obviously we've long since passed that point.

So I ask you, if not the militias, than what? What is it going to take to change this country of ours? It's quite clear that the two-party system is busted, so no amount of frantic voting is going to change anything. It's impossible for 3rd parties to gain any kind of traction within the system now, so voting for other parties is pretty much shot.

I personally say good on the militias, please exercise your Constitutional rights. If things go sour and our own government is putting the foot to your throat, who else is going to have your back?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

The left are out of touch with reality and delusional. The replaced 'god', babysitters and family time with a TV. They don't even realize they have been brainwashed under communist Marxists beliefs from their school system and their god, AKA TV.

I am personally praying for violence not to break out, that will just give Obama the steam he needs to start the American Holocaust which is what he wants in my opinion. His backup plan is the swine flu, vaccines then the food and water wars, if those don't work; here comes WW3. Obama is a narcissistic serial lair, he has all the makings of a soviet style dictatorship which is what he has studied for his whole life. Hopefully the military units will begin to wake up and spit those pharmaceutical pills out and turn against their psychotic generals and corrupt government officials. Hell no, we won't go.

PS. Over 265,000,000 people have been killed under Communism, Marxism and Totalitarianism.

Hopefully a military coup will take place and military tribunals will be set up for all corrupt government officials that have committed treason.

Therefore i feel this is just another state run media ploy to pull out all the stops. It is actually pretty scary that these taking heads spew this crap without even blinking an eye.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by epete22]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Bring it!!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by whaaa]

Oh, it has so been brought. You don't backtalk the Feds, especially undercover ATS forum Feds. I may have been plumped up from months of inactivity but that's how internet forum stings work. I can still run if I have to. Here that creaking noise down the hall - that's a six-man, well-trained Federal infiltration team. We've got videos of you looking at adult pictures on the internet. Back off your criticism of the government or we'll release them........to your mom.

We're coming for you Whaaa and we know Whaaa is not your real name!!!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Confirmed: No Supporting Evidence For DHS “Rightwing Extremism” Report

good article with links to pdf FOIA files.

A freedom of information act request has revealed that the Department of Homeland Security’s now infamous “rightwing extremism” report, released in April, was not based on any reliable supporting evidence whatsoever.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow new reports of americans running around acting stupidly with guns! Is this a new story or the same ol freak show that we have seen for the last two hundred years!
Its just like watching a train wreck "I just can't watch but I just can't turn away either!"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I want to join a Militia.

I am ex-military. I support the law. I believe a militia should be tightly aligned with the local Sheriff and be qualified and trained well enough to be deputized as a viable posse. The militia should be of ordinary people ready to support not just military action, but rescues and work along side the Red Cross (or Crescent).

The National Guard is the organized militia. I'd like to join the unorganized militia. I want to stand with my brothers.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ive just seen this reported on CBS news and I am appalled by their dirty tactics. Automatically labelling them right wing racists just shows how low they will stoop to keep people brainwashed. Theres a revolution in the works and they don't like it one bit.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It would seem things are moving along very well, this uprising is escalating nice and steady.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
revolutions eat their hero's , if there is one , you will not know who the winner will be for decades .
but frankly speaking , there is never a good one .

militia's need to do at least these three things .
1)they need police officers .
policer's as officer's to lead them.

2)they need rules , order , and clear communication ... but most important ... specific and clear allegance to the constitution .

3)local support ; church's , schools , business's .

milias in the constitution were made up of any one who could vote. why is that so hard to see now .

guns are not what militia's are now or were then , these are the minute men of old , "do not tread on me" was to say
you make my life hard , and I will make your life short !

leave be , or I will make you leave .

angry militia is not we have here , we have people who don't know what to do .

in communism there is only one reltionship , between the citizen and the state . the state tell its children what to do , and cares for them as a parent does .

capitalism assumes the citizen has self control , the mind/parent tells the body child what to do , and the person of self control acts with thought , reason and good judgement .

as a rule , lib/dem's and the goverment have no beleif in self control or that people will not act badly as children do.
with out a goverment , the children will be lost .

free people do not like to be treated as children , that is the nature of the angry citizens .

the nature of the conflict is simple , the out come is simpler still.

shut the money off .
when the money is gone , goverment can no longer fight .

the revolution will come , when the money is shut off .
goverment can not survive with out money , and the goverment will do anything , say anything commit what ever horror or crime to keep the money comming .

do not kid your self , control is money ,

laws can not be enforced with out it...

the truth is... the bank bail out was to keep the fedaral goverment solvent untill april 15... bush knew this , and oboma knows this .

where do you think the money went?
it went to pay the bills the fed had .

california is bankrupt , so are at least 10 other states ...
they will all shortly go bankrupt ... the only hope they have is inflation , devalue the dollor in to colaps

frankly , much will change shortly , but roaming militia's fighting gun battles in the streets is not one of them.

mass food riots , and water shortages , electrical black outs , and govermental thugs kicking in doors is not one of them.

I strongly suspect this thread will be in the govermental watch list.
I strongly suspect they are reading these words...

( grin )

shut the money off

( wave )

for those of you who prefer the tranquility of servitude , be prepared to crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you .

may your chains sit lightly upon you , and may posterity forget that you were our countryman.

freemen , or free of this earth .

good guys and bad guys breath the same air , changing sides is hard after you have lost the fight .

just a tiny insight

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You all seem to forget the SFgate like all newspapers are trying to make money and increase circulation and the militia angle is a guaranteed hot button issue.Look at the comments for the article and this thread need I say more? when you see an editorial in the WSJ and the NYT and the Washington Post talking about the need for increased powers and funding for the FBI and DHS then get worried.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
I want to join a Militia.

I am ex-military. I support the law. I believe a militia should be tightly aligned with the local Sheriff and be qualified and trained well enough to be deputized as a viable posse. The militia should be of ordinary people ready to support not just military action, but rescues and work along side the Red Cross (or Crescent).

The National Guard is the organized militia. I'd like to join the unorganized militia. I want to stand with my brothers.

The "real ones", are just starting up and getting going, but they do seem to lack something????

I am not talking about he one's having target games twice a month either.
Those tend to be self serving. They will not be the ones to fight the fight if it comes to that. They will dig in and play defence for themselves. They do not deserve the name.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
reply to post by evo190

The cops are a federally and/or state regulated and organized force that is in place to uphold the laws of the nation and states.....although half of the time it seems that they are also around in order to provide the local/state/federal governments with revenue.

So why aren't the cops upholding the constitution? It seems like they should be arresting A LOT of politicians and cronies instead of generating more revenue for them.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The disciples of Goebel.

SPLC has been at this for how many decades now? The masters of anti-militia propaganda strike again.

When you say "Tim McVeigh" most people think "militia member". He was not actually in any militia. SPLC put that meme out there and programmed peoples' heads.

The militia is composed of the body of the people.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

It's propaganda because it's trying to damage the militias by insinuating that they are only on the rise due to racist, right wing radicals, upset by a black liberal president. It fails to go into the details of how this has been going on since way before Obama took office, much of it is the backlash from the Bush administration. They fail to mention that people are fed up with a government slowly and systematically taking our rights away from us, trampling on our constitution, labeling us as potential terrorists because of our political beliefs, or military service, forcing us to bail out banks, trying to force healthcare reform down our throats like they did the bailouts, forgetting that they work for us, and most of all failing to represent us.

This is a half truth....

The stress of a poor economy and a liberal administration led by a black president are among the causes for the recent rise, the report from the Southern Poverty Law Center says.

Because it attempts to paint these reasons as the main reasons, because they know they are the most inflamatory and will do the most damage, and ignores the truely important reasons behind the movement.

These people didn't just suddenly rise up and find their voices, it's been brewing for a long time now, maybe this latest thing they're trying to shove down our throats just happens to be the straw that broke the camel's back. You know the patriot act didn't sit well with a good many people, nor the illegal wire tapping, etc, maybe people were sitting back waiting for someone to come and "change" all that has went wrong with our country and when they finally realized that all that "change" they were waiting for was never gonna come they decided that the only real change is going to come from the citizens themselves.

There is a part of me that says they feel threatened by the man in office or that they feel he is easier to disrespect.

Why would they feel that he is easier to disrespect ?

BTW there is nothing wrong militias, this country wouldn't be hear today if it wasn't for the militias, and how long did it take for them to rise up and find their voices.

[edit on 8/12/2009 by chise61]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

So it looks like mob rule is becoming the direction of the future.

No mob rule is already here, it's the direction of our government the one they took when they shoved that bailout down our throats regardless of the fact that an overwhelming majority of Americans were against it. When they let Bush implement the patriot act and spit on our constitution and all the other crap that went on during his administration, and now people can see that Obama has done nothing to "change" it, nor will he.

Great... just what we need, a country full of misinformed people who believe in fairy tales acting like they are authoritative because they have guns.

No they don't think they are authoritative because they have guns. They know they are authoritative because they are the people, they are America

As for me, I'm only going to demonize those who are shouting and disruptive at otherwise civil gatherings.

So does that mean that you're going to demonize the liberals that are shouting and disruptive at otherwise civil gatherings as well as being violent, just as you do to the conservatives ?

[edit on 8/12/2009 by chise61]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The constitution of the united stats gives states the right to form militias. So under what authority dose the ACLU have to investigate them as suspected hate groups. Sounds like if you don’t believe in the Obama socialistic policy plan than you must be a racist crap.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join