It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just like Rome and Ancient Egypt.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
and all other "great nations or Civilizations". The United States looks like its ready to implode on itself and fall. Fighting, war, economic collapse, racial and religioous tensions, political strife and loss of freedom and rights, these are all happening more and more everyday and I think its soon going to come to a breaking point. I do not think there is anyway to restore your country to the prestige you once held in the world. Seems you are on a slow but ever gaining speed decent into oblivion.

Who knows, in a thousand years people might be touring the ruins of MSG talking about great events took place, much like we do now with the Coliseum.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

History does repeat itself,civilization changes.The faces of the leaders change,the dream and cause of personal freedom never changes.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by daddyroo45]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Who knows, in a thousand years people might be touring the ruins of MSG talking about great events took place, much like we do now with the Coliseum.

You mean Prof. Alexander Hartdegen and Mara?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Do you really think a leader will come along that is not corrupt, dishonest and self serving? You don't become president unless someone with an agenda wants you to be there

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Well hopefully in a thousand years if they make a movie about it, it will be a better one lol

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

reply to post by eldard

Well hopefully in a thousand years if they make a movie about it, it will be a better one lol

Yeah and the title will be "USA: The Rise and Fall of the Dollar".

Oh wait, they should make that now.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I really do believe "the end" is coming, whether its via a terrorist attack, civil unrest, total economic collapse, etc, something has to give and this is the 11th hour

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Do you really think a leader will come along that is not corrupt, dishonest and self serving? You don't become president unless someone with an agenda wants you to be there

In a word no. No one is as concerned with your true well being than yourself. That is exactly why the government from its inception was to remain extremely limited. People who seek to lead ALWAYS have an adgenda to fullfill. Throughout history the greatest leaders were reluctant leaders. People that had the power thrust upon them. They acted with fore thought out of obligation for the people they represented.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

So do you disagree with my statements? Do you think the U.S can be brought back from the brink its at?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think your right but I don't think it will happen any time soon. It's fall has been set in motion but I think it will take at least 100 years for America to fully collapse. It will fall from superpower status sooner than that of course, maybe 20-50 years? Who knows.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I don't disagree with all your points. The cities are cesspools. The country may well be doomed,if the course remains as it is. I feel that the salvation of the people will be in personal responsibility,not some outside source.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I agree, its the only hope, but last I checked people are much more concerned with who got voted out on American Idol than they are with their country going down the crapper. They all have so much to talk about but not a goddamn thing to say.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Do you really think that it is just the U.S. that is ready for a fall?

Back when, the old Empires could be defined in terms of a territory or region of the world that they had dominion over. This current empire isn't just U.S. based. It isn't territory based at all.

It is based in the economic system of which the whole world is a part today. I think it won't just be the U.S. that crumbles but every developed nation. It would be impossible to isolate a US collapse from the rest of the world's economies and power structures.

What is possibly ready for a collapse is not just the US economic and political apparatus but the whole worlds.

I say "possible" because I am sure that the PTB are trying to prevent and localize the trauma. They might actually succeed, but in a way I hope not, because we are all surely due for something better than the status quo.

top topics

join