It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Flying rabbis fight swine flu "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

Just found this on BBC's website regarding Swine Flu, thought I would share it here.

Feel free to move this mods if its in the wrong place.

A group of rabbis and Jewish mystics have taken to the skies over Israel, praying and blowing ceremonial horns in a plane to ward off swine flu.

About 50 religious leaders circled over the country on Monday, chanting prayers and blowing horns, called shofars.

Flying rabbis fight swine flu

Without knocking the attempts of these rabbis, do they really believe they can stop the pandemic by chanting prayers and blowing horns?

It also seems a little extreme when they quote that Israel has so far only suffered 5 fatalities from the disease:

According to Israel's health ministry, there have been more than 2,000 cases of swine flu in the country, with five fatalities so far.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ya know, I originally thought this was a joke.

But its a real article and I actually read the part about them praying to ward off the swine flu.

Weird.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok

But its a real article and I actually read the part about them praying to ward off the swine flu.

Weird.

Tell me about it.

When I saw it at first I thought it said "Flying rabbits fight swine flu"

You can imagine at that moment in time I was worried!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I found this amusing.

Swine flu is a complete farce and now we even have flying rabbi's saving the world.

Nothing wrong with praying in my opinion but I honestly dont see how being in a plane or on tv makes it more effective or whatever the heck these guys were trying to achieve.

Lets send all the world leaders into the sky on a plane with low fuel. Bet that would work better. Heck that would make me blow a trumpet and I would even bang a drum or too at the afterparty.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by havok

Weird.

Tell me about it.

When I saw it at first I thought it said "Flying rabbits fight swine flu"

You can imagine at that moment in time I was worried!

Thats exactly what I thought it said at first too! RABBITS.

Here we go again, MSM is fear-mongering this new flu season. Bad thing is, for all the claimed "deaths" this swine flu has caused, I think more people died this year in motorcycle accidents. Just my opinion. Not based on facts or anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Exactly. I don't see a problem with people praying but as you said how is praying in a plane going to make it more effective?

I'm not saying praying works but these rabbis obviously do. But why do they need to circle the skys and do it? Whats wrong with being on the ground?

I think its a pretty bold statement to say that the danger has already passed thanks to prayer:

"We are certain that, thanks to the prayer, the danger is already behind us," added Mr Batzri was quoted as saying.

Although I suppose they would say that.

Maybe this is just another attempt at fear mongering?

[edit on 12/8/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

There never was any increased danger in the first place.

Thats the whole thing about this swine flu nonsense, it is being pushed as a pandemic when it is far from it. They are diagnosing people (in the UK anyways) without proper testing.

Take the term swine flu, any fear you have and erase it from your mind.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yeah in the UK theyre allowing people to be diagnosed over the phone, obviously this increases the chances of the doctors getting it wrong and misdiagnosing people but also increases the chances of the system being abused.

i.e. People falsely misdiagnosing themselves so they can pull sickies off work!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I read this story in the local paper today. Nearly pee'd myself. I choose to believe that they aren't serious. Honestly, no one can be that dumb... or can they?

Swine Flu... It's just not kosher is it!

IRM

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I thought it said rabbits too, glad I'm not the only one!!

I think they're just staying in the air as long as they can try and keep themselves from catching it

new topics

top topics

join