It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khmer Rouge official wants harshest punishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Khmer Rouge official wants harshest punishment

news.yahoo.com

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia – The former chief of the Khmer Rouge's main torture center, being tried by a U.N.-backed tribunal on genocide charges, asked the Cambodian people Wednesday to give him "the harshest punishment."

The statement from Kaing Guek Eav, who headed the notorious S-21 prison in Phnom Penh, came as a widow wept before the court, demanding justice for the death of her husband and four children during the communist regime's reign of terror.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This guy should be taken out into the woods and shot.

Finally Cambodians can start to bring these people to justice for what they have done. Having visited Cambodia several times now it is good to see a war torn country slowly but surely improve.

Hopefully soon, they may do something about the land mines that are still scattered through out the country

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Aha. I see what this is. It's like those rich and powerful elite that pay good money to be humilated and beaten by dominatrixes because they feel they deserve it for all the bad deeds they do dominating others the rest of the week.

Well, give him the comfy chair I say.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think this would be a suitable punishment:

To take a line from 300...

"King Leonidas: You there, Ephialtes. May you live forever. "

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I say put him in a cage on public display for the rest of his life, execution is too quick and probably painless, he should be made to suffer. An eye for an eye!
Make him live for as long as possible, force feed if they have to, beat him, spit on him, kick him, do anything, just don't execute him!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
As much as we would like this to happen Wiser, he is more likely to be proven guilty and given a quick death.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Does anybody even bother to read the articles anymore? Cambodia has no death penalty, it's likely that he'll receive life in prison.

Also the reason he's asking for the harshest punishment because he himself has changed and acknowledges the fact that what he did was wrong.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by InSanE1]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSanE1

Also the reason he's asking for the harshest punishment because he himself has changed and acknowledges the fact that what he did was wrong.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by InSanE1]

Yeah, doesn't anyone care that he is trying to atone for what he has done?

The death penalty, as I've said before, is the first step to genocide. That's why countries that suffered under totalitarian regimes get rid of it. Even most Nazi war criminals get life in prison and not death.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

top topics

join