It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Stupid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

"The provision is being used by people all over the world. According to Numbers USA, "Thousands of pregnant women who are about to deliver come to the United States each year from countries as far away as South Korea and as near as Mexico so that they can give birth on U.S. soil." These expectant mothers come either on legal travel visas or illegally across the border, but the purpose is always the same: "Once the child is born, they get a U.S. birth certificate and passport for the child, and their future link to this country is established and irreversible."

To compound this problem, those mothers who illegally enter the U.S. to have their anchor babies have little to no health insurance. But they will not be turned away from hospitals because the law requires that they be treated. All uninsured people, regardless of citizenship, receive medical care in hospital emergency rooms under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985 (EMTALA). The act requires hospitals to treat any patient that enters an emergency room for "emergency care," which can include anything from a cough to drug addiction to a gunshot wound to depression to being HIV-positive. The Act requires emergency rooms to treat anyone that comes in, but does not require patients to pay for their care.

Instead, the costs are passed on to the American taxpayers and those with health insurance through rising premiums. Some hospitals can't afford the care for the illegals. "

"In 1994, 74,987 anchor babies in maternity units cost taxpayers $215 million in Stockton, California. In 2003, 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in San Joaquin General maternity ward were from illegal aliens. That number has exploded today with over three million illegal aliens residing in California.

The French economist Frederic Bastiat said, “The unseen is more expensive than the seen.” In Stockton, California, the Silverio Family was featured in the Wall Street Journal in 2003. They were fruit pickers who arrived illegally from Oxtotilan, Mexico in 1997. The wife, Felipa had three kids, but popped an anchor baby named Flor. The child was premature and spent three months in a neonatal incubator at a cost to the San Joaquin Hospital of over $300,000.00. They conceived another, Christian. The second baby made them eligible for $1,000 per month welfare. Because Flor is disabled, she receives $600.00 monthly for asthma. Although the illegal aliens made $18,000.00 annually picking fruit, they collected $12,000.00 of your tax dollars for their anchor babies. One night the father, Cristobal crashed his van. He had no license or insurance. Taxpayers paid for all hospital bills. That’s why 77 hospitals in Border States were going bankrupt in 2003, but Senator John McCain wrote a rider into the Medicaid Bill for $1.4 billion of your tax dollars. It passed.

Not to finish the spending spree on these anchor babies, the children attend California schools at a cost of $7,000.00 per year over and above what their parents pay in taxes. The cost for all five of their children for one school year exceeds $35,000.00 times 18 years for a grand taxpayer total of $630,000.00. This is only one family. No wonder California is $24 billion in debt. Last week, Governor Schwarzenneger handed out IOUs to vendors to the tune of $54 million.

Additional costs for illegal alien children stem from translators, advocates and middlemen. MediCal in 2003 sponsored 760,000 illegal aliens. Supplemental Security Income is a non-means-treated federal grant of money and food stamps. Be assured that scams and fraud run rampant. Over 500,000 ‘mentally disabled kids’ are on drugs for ADHD and ODD. One lady, Linda Torres was arrested in Bakersfield with $8,500.00 in small bills in her pocket. It was her SSI lump award for her disability, which was heroin addiction.

Just so Americans across the country don’t feel left out, let’s move to Georgia. Net Fiscal Costs of Illegal Immigration for Georgia:

Births of illegal aliens in Georgia cost to taxpayers:

2000-- 5,133 births cost: $13 million
2001-- 9,528 births cost: $23 million
2002—11,188 births cost: $27 million

Additionally, receiving public assistance in 2002 for 25,000 children of illegal aliens cost Georgia taxpayers $42 million annually. Health care costs to Georgia taxpayers for illegal aliens in 2002 was 64,000 doctor visits which ran Grady Health System into a $63 million deficit." These were taken from the examiner.com

"Just consider Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, the second busiest maternity ward in the U.S. In 2006, 70 percent of the women giving birth in Parkland were illegal immigrants. That added up to 11,200 babies for which Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million to deliver these babies, the feds another $9.5 million and Dallas taxpayers tossed in $31.3 million. The average illegal patient is 25 years old and giving birth to her second anchor baby. " [hate-site-nolink]

It goes on and on and on.....

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Here are some more facts, they are all over the internet. If you google any topic a number of informative sites will pop up. These were found on kevincolby.com

"1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments. V

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for welfare social services by the American taxpayers.

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular,their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our southern border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from terrorist countries.

12. The National Policy Institute, “estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.”

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.

14. “The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States.”"

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Excellent reply! Almost didn't feel the need to put in my 2 cents, exept for one thing:
Who cares about "illegal imigrants" when the goal of the PTB is for a one world government. Get used to a tryanical world power spending your taxes on things you don't want, its only gonna get worse.

Oh, and, yeah, I'm pretty sure all the funding for wars based on lies, and black ops far surpass anything else.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

Yeah, we are stupid. We believe that the US government means well. Bush is no longer here, so Obama will make our life better under the same adminstration as under Carter! Yes, we ARE stupid! We don't realise a simple fuc&*ing thing that goes on. We just accept everything as it is. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Ignorance is bliss!

[edit on 19-8-2009 by MightyAl]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Good grief! Here in the UK we have an organisation called the British National Party that promote the sort of ideas that the contributors to this thread from the states who are freaking out about illegal immigrants are promoting. These ideas are considered to be FASCIST by most thinking people.
Fact is that illegals tend to do work that can't be filled by local workers. Also, contrary to popular belief, it isn't easy to " get all the free stuff" if you have no visa, social security number,etc.

And the USA was built on immigration for ****** sake. The contributor who suggests that being born in the country shouldn't count unless your parents are also native is really pushing it. Go back a few generations in your own history, apply the same logic and you would have to deport half the population.

I constantly here people going on about how all the Pakis get this and the Poles get that, and they are taking all our housing and all they have to do is produce the race card and they get this or that benefit. The facts - real facts - don't concur. Life is much harder for people of colour or other ethnicity than it is for the indigenous population.

I'm sorry Victoria1 and those who supprot your argument. It is just nonsense. Try living on "all the free stuff" and see how comfortable it really is.

I would rather see taxes being spent on people in need no matter where they come from rather than it being spent on wars, " security",

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As for all the stats about healthcare and babies, would you rather allow people to go WITHOUT healthcare when they are pregnant or ill? Would you leave another human being lying dying at the roadside if they were in an accident cos they weren't proper citizens? Are you Christian? Are you Humanist? What, exactly, do you suggest?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We are all human, but you know, if they come here illegally, then maybe there should be non-profits that are set up for that kind of thing, caring for the illegals.

This is not a race issue, it's a legality issue. If they don't lawfully pay into the system, then why should we be forced to pay and care for them?

If they are here on vacation/holiday, then there should be a tax perhaps that they all pay when they come here for vacations, on top of what they paid in taxes in their own country and for the vacation package to help people that are here legally, on vacations, visits, etc.

So, there is a soulution out there, it's quite simple - but I refuse to be held accountable for the law breakers - they should NOT be rewarded.

If we do continue to care and run services for them, we should also check for citizenship too - random checks. If they found and cannot produce the proper documentation, and they've not already applied for it - then back they go. I don't care where they came from.

I have friends that moved here from Germany, and they went through A LOT get their papers, but they did it, and they did it the right way. Currently both are unemployed, do I mind? No, because they did it the right way.

We should stand up and say enough is enough.

New York has a program that if you are homeless and someone can vouch for you, they will pay your plane ticket home. They've sent people to france, spain, all over the US, Mexico and Canada.

It's not that we're being cruel, it's just we have way too many leeches. Politicians at the top (corrupted of course) and the illegals from the bottom. Between the two groups, they're stealing our entire lunch.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance
programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school
lunches for illegal aliens.

That is money well spent. When I was a member of the US Navy my son was born. His mother and I were not married at the time, so I didn't get any extra money for dependents. Without WIC I would not have been able to feed him or her.

And I don't care how legal a child is, he/she deserves to eat.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary
school education for children here illegally and they cannot
speak a word of English!

Verify at: transcripts.cnn.com...

The issue here is schools are not allowed to ask if you are an illegal alien or not. You show up, they gotta teach you if you have proof of "residence" in the county.

So I'd be suspicious as to how this "was verified". Since you can't actually count the illegals in any school.

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor
babies.

Also know as CITIZENS.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

And an even bigger percentage of Federal Prison inmates are in for non-violent possession of drugs. End the drug war and that's taken care of.

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal
aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many
as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions
of pounds of drugs, coc aine, meth, heroin and marijuana,
crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border.

Well, at least they brought something worthwhile with them... minus the meth and heroin.

You raise some really good points though.

I only singled out the ones I disagreed with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join