It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC NEWS - Officials See Rise in Militia Groups Across US - here we go again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
When I see headlines like that. I really start to worry.

Officials See Rise in Militia Groups Across US

Militia groups with gripes against the government are regrouping across the country and could grow rapidly, according to an organization that tracks such trends.

Of course they give sound reasaons for this:

The stress of a poor economy and a liberal administration led by a black president are among the causes for the recent rise, the report from the Southern Poverty Law Center says. Conspiracy theories about a secret Mexican plan to reclaim the Southwest are also growing amid the public debate about illegal immigration.

It looks like they are attempting to a little sensationalism.

"All it's lacking is a spark"

The article goes on to cite a video on you-tube, America's Wake Up Call (Ohio Militia) Buy Guns

I think the public feals quite secure in the knowledge that 'another' 'Al-Qaeda' atrocity has little likelyhood (especially considering the False Flag nature of 911), so that means they are looking for another bogey man.

Last year, officials warned about an increase in activity from militias in a five-year threat projection by the Homeland Security Department.

"White supremacists and militias are more violent and thus more likely to conduct mass-casualty attacks on the scale of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing," the threat projection said.

I thought I'd check with Fox and CNN to see if they too were pushing this stuff to the sheeople:

Fox went with this AP story, nothing on CNN but that will change.

In my opinion this is just what the US government needs to take the heat off of some increasingly loud dissenting voices.

It will be wise for US ATSers to keep an eye on this, hell for all of us actually.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just like the wonderful 90's. Although now we have tough economic times and the government spying and oppression that was pretty well hidden under Clinton was all made public under Bush and allowed to expand and continue so far under Obama.

I just want to know how long it will be before Holder orders some family shot to death for a misdemeanor or torches a building full of children for their religion.

At least with Bush all the waring and killing was in some other country. Clinton and Reno fought their war here in the U.S.. Will Obama and Holder?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
report from the Southern Poverty Law Center says. Conspiracy theories about a secret Mexican plan to reclaim the Southwest are also growing amid the public debate about illegal immigration.

This Southern Poverty Law Centre seems to be liberal mouthpiece against anyone who doesn't hang with the flock of sheeple.

Another biased report by this organization, about people who question authority.
www.northernstar.com.au...
FRINGE CLAIM OBAMA NOT A US CITIZEN
A SMALL group of fringe conservatives, many fundamentally opposed to the notion of an African-American as president, are challenging President Barack Obama's eligibility for the US presidency.
On blogs and even before US courts, the so-called "Birthers" are using the Constitution, with its stipulation that presidents be US natural born citizens, to argue Obama should not be in the White House.
Despite proof that Obama was born in the US state of Hawaii, including a birth certificate affirming that fact, rumours continue to spread, fuelled by a group that critics say includes right-wing militants, racists and Holocaust deniers.
"These are people who are fundamentally either racist or extreme right-wingers. That's where the whole movement is coming from," said Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Centre, which studies extremist groups.
The movement is composed of "people who very much do not want Barack Obama to be president, largely because he is black, certainly because he is liberal," he added.
On sites like WorldNetDaily.com, where a petition questioning Obama's place of birth has attracted more than 400,000 electronic "signatories," the so-called Birthers are daily raising "new doubts about the story of Obama's birth."
One of them has already tried in vain three times to sell on EBay a birth certificate purporting to show that Obama was born in Kenya.
They are also taking their cause before US courts, where several lawsuits claiming that Obama was not born on US soil have been dismissed, including by the Supreme Court, which refused to hear argument on the issue.
At the beginning of the week, authorities in the state of Hawaii were forced for the second time since the senator from Illinois became president to certify that Barack Hussein Obama was in fact born in the Kapiolani maternity ward in Honolulu on August 4, 1961 at 7.24pm local time.
The US House of Representatives on Monday passed a non-legally-binding text on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Hawaii's entry in the United States, affirming that "the 44th president of the United States was born in Hawaii."
"In America there is a history of conspiracy thinking that... is part of a tradition of dissent," said Chip Berlet of Political Research Associates, which studies right-wing movements.
Berlet said a small percentage of the population believes the government has been taken over by a "secret elite" that includes "freemasons, the Catholics, Jewish bankers" and others.
He noted that former president Bill Clinton was also the subject of conspiracy theories that claimed he was seeking the help of the United Nations to confiscate all weapons on American soil.
While the movement has an audience of several hundreds of thousands of sympathisers, their theories are also being broadcast by media figures such as CNN's Lou Dobbs and radio host Rush Limbaugh.
"So you have this right-wing social movement, relatively small but angry, and then you have these major public figures, inflaming them with rhetoric and conspiracy allegations on national television," Berlet told AFP.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Centre, there were 926 racist groups in the United States in 2008, compared to 602 in 2000 - a rise of 54 per cent.
"I think that's very significant, and the numbers continue to rise," said Potok. "Very likely the white supremacist world has been energised by the

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think that malitia guy hit this whole issue right on the head. I am only 17 but turn 18 soon so i will be buying guns ASAP. I support the right to bare arms.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
some family shot to death for a misdemeanor or torches a building full of children for their religion.

They already did, it was called WACO

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

They wish. Some people just want a destraction. They are like kids who did not study for the final exam hoping a tornado blows the school away so they won't be tested.

new topics

top topics

join