It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret plane from Boeing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I heard the *rumours* that in the early 60s, the Boeing designed the single seat plane with the lowered probability of intercept. It had the swept wing, air intakes at the sides of the top fuselage (cross between the F-117 and the Bird of Prey) and tail part resembling the one from the Tacit Blue. Probably it should be somehow connected to the X-26B program.

Does anybody heard anything similar?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by matej

I could be wrong on this, but I believe that was Boeing's demonstrator for stealth technology. They eventually lost to Lockheed's F-117 project and the project was mothballed.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The timeframe doesnt fit. I am speaking about the early 60s. Harvey studies, that led to XST and Have Blue were launched in 1974. Besides, the Boeing was not one of the bidders.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
X-26B program? You mean this one? en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by matej
The timeframe doesnt fit. I am speaking about the early 60s. Harvey studies, that led to XST and Have Blue were launched in 1974. Besides, the Boeing was not one of the bidders.

I stand corrected.
I was never sure on the timeline of that anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
X-26B program? You mean this one? en.wikipedia.org...

Exactly and also the Lockheed YO-3A. But this connection is only my estimation based on the "early 60s". If the date is not set, I would probably connect it with the MDD Quiet Attack (navy) Aircraft from 1973. I mean this:

www.hitechweb.genezis.eu...

At least the tail surfaces are very similar to Boeing´s one.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It seems that Scott Lowther already made at least a small part of it public in his plastic models section, so here it is. I was speaking about the Boeing Quiet Bird:

www.up-ship.com...

new topics

top topics

join