It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know? House Passes Carbon Cap-and-Trade Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I'm lucky to have been invloved in a field that enabled and encouraged political involvement. My rep. officiated my wedding, I worked with one of our Senators, and was had an office next to the other's local office.!

Even so, I was "involved" from an early age.

'Grassroots' is not difficult, expensive, or time-consuming. In fact, it is exciting and rewarding. You feel and act differently when you think you have a say, or "the ear" of a representative.

Here's an example:

My city council rep. wanted to run for state rep. I got signs and stickers. I went to a rally or two. I met people like me and the rep.
The rep. lost.

BUT, he knew me when we met at church picnics, school events, the grocery, and other places.

10 years later, he is now our County Judge, presiding over all County Commissioners. We exchange calls and emails. We have lunch sometimes. I know other elected officials (at all levels of government) by name and they know me.

Start local, start small, and participate. It's very simple

If ATS didn't outlaw "activism" I could start a "how to" thread on how to get involved and make yourself heard. This one one of those legitimate "anyone can do it" opportunities.

Great topic.

Keep going.

jw

new topics

<< 1   >>

join