It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Personal Loadout

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If Im going to die I would rather it happen at home defending my family.

12 gauge Remington pump or Benelli M1
Full size .45ACP Glock
And my Arsenal SLR-105.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
main OA L96
side 1911

2 claymore mines
gallon of water
gallon of gasoline
1 stick of dynamite
roll of ducktape
1 multi tool
1 hatchet
1liter of Jameson Irish Whiskey

no doubt theyll have a hell of a time catching me ... and ill have a hell of a time running

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I got my AR 15, Russian sks and my double barrel shotgun with about 400 rds per rifle and 300 shot gun shells. My web belt w/ my Tanto and k-bar. Satchel for cleaning gear,first aid and food. That's just to get me to my first stop.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well, if the sitrep is that bad, the weapons really won't matter too much, so I'm going to get the biggest damn shovel I can find and start digging my way down - and out.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If I knew I'm done... I might as well take dope and beer.
Unless I really hated the opposition I guess. Then I would take the following,

Fortified and covert position.

Empty Oil Drum, Claymore mine, couple of gallons of something something and then that other thing. Mix it and instant napalm. (sorry It just doesn't feel right posting precise bomb recipes on the net...)
Now my idea would be to set up an ambush so obviously the napalm is going first, fry the first ones who step up to the plate.
Then more daisy chained Claymores and WP and regular frags over my cover towards their advance (probably now stopped and taking cover all clusterfruked)

So now my primary weapon, M2 Browning would do a good job (would be cool if I could have a friend with a MK19 hitting on their flank or something ). But really most descent machine guns with a descent rate of fire and 7.62 and above will do the job. Heck maybe even an M240B. Also spare barrels and about 5000 rounds or more. (I mean, I'm gonna bite the dust anyway so might as well use a fixed position).

Side arm well, an RPG with different types o ordinance doesn't really count as a sidearm, so my pick would be an MP5 with a 40mm grenade launcher and 6-9 mags on myself. Though I would be extremely surprised If I ever get to use it. Eventually they would regroup and flank me... Or use mortars or what not.

Camouflage, I would pick BDU's or ACU's (depending on the terrain), it's what I'm used to... And complete body armor (yes even the groin protection), as I'm not going to be mobile. Just take some foliage and work on my headgear. NVG's depending on the scenario.

I don't think I would need a bayonet... an E-tool maybe.

Pack of smokes and a bible...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Griever0311

Props for listing like 90% of what you get issued (or similar) in the service. It's like looking at one of those item lists you get once you get to your unit.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by chiron613
Do you even know how to use the armament you chose? Have you trained with any of it, learned how to use a knife in combat? It's not as easy as you might think. There's more to it than "push the pointy end at the enemy and hope it sticks him".

I'm just asking what people would personally choose to use in a hypothetical final combat situation (WWIII I guess you want an example).

EDIT: Alright, screw it. I guess I'll also carry a bottle of blue label smirnoff in one hand and a joint in my mouth if I knew I had nothing to lose

If it is WW3 its likely the nukes will be flying.

I already have a Survey meter, and a Geiger Counter.

I have some guns, but doubt I'd be using them underground.

I say underground because you need to have 3 ft. of dirt between
you and fallout or you die.

You can use wood, concrete, steel, lead, etc and the thickness
varies, but you need shielding from the radiation emitted by
the fallout or your done.

You need to stay down there for at least a week after the last
nuke goes off upwind of you, and best to have a meter to check
for radiation, nuke alert keychains are pricey but easy to carry.

My meters are old big and clunky, but very solid made and they
came with the schematics and I was trained as a eletronics tech.

If you breath in the particles afterwards and it gets in your lungs
then you die of cancer eventually.

If you drink water with the particles in it same as breathing it in.

Plants that grow in the soil become home to the radiation too.

You can scrape down to soil that is not contaminated and grow
something in that in a container and seal out the dust from outside.

WW3 the likely thing you might end up shooting is yourself or your
friends to put them out the horror.

Ppl commit suicide now for various reasons, in the aftermath of
WW3 millions will beg for death, and it will come.

Nuclear War Survival Skill - 510 pg PDF

So if your preparing for this, checkout "Nuclear War Survival Skills"
it is a free PDF on the web.

The only different advice I can give is if you can use something besides
wood on external construction it is a very good idea due to just fire.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well if I am going to die I might as well take as many bastards out with me as possible. Give me a turret mounted 40mm grenade launcher and/or a mini-gun / browning .50 cal.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'd have:
AK-47 with GP-25
Glock 20
and to finish it all off
A Tsar Bomba!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Nothin fancy for me, RRA ar-15 with 5, 20 round mags (don't wanna risk a feed malfunction with straights), my 87 chevy w/ 8in lift 36" tires and lt1 under the hood, a bed full of gasoline, generator, air compressor, canned food/ water, tent, wife, and Rottweiler. I can get more food/ammo/supplies as we go. I think at that point grocery stores will be free game. Bring on the zombies!!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
-AGS-30 30mm fully automatic and light grenade launcher. A couple of drug magazines for it.

-Bullet proof vest and Maska helmet.

-MP443 9mm semi automatic pistol with armor piercing ammunition and 2 spare clips. (If someone gets too close for me to use the grenade launcher).

-A cuban cigar.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
telepathic /TELEKENESIS connection reawakened to all matter on earth and space (SO I CAN SPEAK TO THE HEAVENLY CREATIONS DIRECT)
1 long gamma ray burst to break the ice
20 asteriods in a cube like formation awaiting orders
1 of many moons to dispose of to open the crust of said location
8 tectonic slides @ same time triggering 3 massive tsunamis and a megavolcano ice broken as of now ready to go get em
1 star ship for the innocent to flee
2 neutron stars to finish it all off with a gamma ray flare to close the abyss for good SEEDLING SERPANTS LEFT BEHIND AS TO RESEED SAID LOCATION WITH NATURAL GUARDIANS FOR THE ANIMALS COUNT TOO
lol @ my imagination (I AM A DEEP INDIVIDUAL/CREATURE/SPIRIT)
ALSO A PAGE FROM REVELATIONS 6:7 THRU 6:12 SO I CAN REMEMBER THE GOOD I STAND FOR AND WHY I FIGHT.

[edit on 9/23/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join