It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Personal Loadout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 11b1p

It's 49, and if you're trying to make your own armor, MAKE SURE YOU WATERPROOF IT. Kevlar piles, folds, and degrades FAST. As far as body armor goes, if you want a good concealable vest, look up Second-Chance. I have one, and I wear it when I'm off duty and traveling; it's pretty light and as long as you get a good fit it can feel like a second skin once you get used to it. If you're going for tactical armor for whatever reason, I can recommend the Interceptor system (the one in the avatar photo) by Point Blank, as well as the MTV that replaced it (not sure if it's the same manufacturer/distributor. I can personally attest that they'll catch multiple 7.62x39mm rounds as long as you have the trauma plates inserted (I was able to successfully engage the guy that hit me after crawled my @$$ off the ground), which you'd probably be interested in anyway; if you're wearing a tactical armor vest, things have gone way past extreme already. I've heard good things about Dragonskin, and a couple of my buddies bought it, but they never took any impacts besides shrapnel while wearing it, so I can't say anything about how it performs ballistically. Hope some of that helps.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griever0311
reply to post by MaybeThisTimeAround

It's not all wishful thinking. Take my example: some of us have the means, money, and wherewithal to abscond and acquire weapons and equipment beyond the normal scope of what you would expect the average American to possess. It's not hard to make friends with an ammo driver and then slip a few bills someone's way to make sure some paperwork gets fudged. It's also not that difficult to accumulate more than a career or two worth's issue of gear, and send it home. And as far as military units go, some of us are lucky enough to be in a unit that pretty much moves and shakes its own T/O and have the privilege of receiving whatever gear we request within the bounds of reason. Some units play fast and loose with the "rules," and realize that what's on a T/O roster isn't always what it takes to get the job done. It helps when you have commanders that have a greater than usual share of common sense. And it helps to be a friggin' ninja, so that you can Strategically Transport Equipment to Alternate Locations. Besides, not counting stuff like Abrams MBTs, and your Mjolnir Mk. VI Powered Armor (which has the slight disadvantage of not existing in the first place), there's not a whole lot of stuff on here that a dogged citizen willing to fill out the appropriate paperwork can't get ahold of LEGALLY.

[edit on 2009/8/14 by Griever0311]

Exactly. I work for a PMC so I can get my hands on just about anything, within reason. And as for me using the REC7 I have actualy met Ronnie Barret, he is a good man, and I could more than likely gget my hands on a REC7. I kept my list as realistic as I could.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
(actualy , it was closer to two hundred pound)

and I started with a hand dolly / hand truck .

the Idea being , look like something common , a gardener .
the idea of running around like a uniformed soldier in a combat zone is a very fast way of getting shot .

I want to look harmless , common , and helppless .

when you look into the garbage can , you see things that make you dismiss what you see .

the steel bar is to open doors , car windows , or open chain'd and locked fences ...
it can also be used silently , to stop a person swiftly .

nothing I said in my load out requires govermental support or special access .

nothing I said would call attention to me if I walked down the street today , or in a free fire war zone ...

deception , illusion , misdirection ...

killing people is not that hard when your getting shot at .
survival in a street when your not a member of a militia or a national guard unit is something else .

I want to look like something common and unremarkable , from 1mile away , or 3 inch's away .

the reason so much ammo.. what I have is all I will have , there is not going to be support , supply depots , or a place resupply .

a shopping cart would work , except , homeless refuguee and street people will not be treated as well as a a gardener who has a story .

I can move togather or move alone , support or retreat , disappear in the shadows or be involved ...

with my load out , I choice who I am ....

instead of camo , body armor , helmet , side arm and rocket propelled grenades .

who is more likly to get sniped , camo and helmet , or a gardener with a can full of gardeners tools ?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I reccommend those of you who say "I wouldnt ever kill someone..." watch The Colony on discovery channel. That show is filled with flower pickin' college educated hippy types who thought that violence would get you nowhere and you can talk your way out of anything... They now (after being "attacked" by marauders) realize that not everyone wants to hear what you have to say! Really worth a watch!

Im very curious about the people wanting to dress up as gardeners...

If I saw you walking around with gardening tools and a straw hat i would probably-

1.Follow you to your house.
2.Kill you anyways.
3.Pillage any stored goods you may have stocked.

My loadout would be exactly what I own (im a realist).

-Evil Black Rifle
-Striker fired .40 cal hi-cap pistol

Nope...dont need to worry about mud and sand because I wont be putting my rifle in mud and sand. Semi auto is the way to go because ammo is precious and im not a pray and spray terrorist. Eventually ill end up making friends with a guy that owns a long range rifle and we can work in tandem.

I assume that this "Loadout" forum was a semi serious "what would you really take with you?"

If not I would take my full compliment of Create-a-Class from COD:WAW (ray gun included cause thats 1 shot kills!)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob
I assume that this "Loadout" forum was a semi serious "what would you really take with you?"

Yeah, pretty much.

If I had to consider what I can get my hands on within 24 hours (through any means necessary), I'd probably be wearing some black BDU uniform, civilian tactical/ballistic armor, a Remington M870 and Weatherby 30-06, and maybe a cheap 9mm if I manage to disable some cop.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

[edit on 17-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Beach Bum
Here's my list of weapons for my loadout
1. 12 gauge shotgun 9mm backup possibly sniper rifle
2. Throwing cards and shurikens (throwing stars)
3. My sword and knives
4. Chuck Norris

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

Why are you carrying all of that crap for. All you need is Chuck Norris.

You don't seem to understand. He uses Chuck Norris to fight against himself, just to make the fight fair against the enemy!

Even then, it's still a slaughter.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hmm, after careful consideration, I'd probably go with a little bit of

Armament
M16A4 5.56mm Service Rifle w/M203 40mm Grenade Launcher, PEQ-6, DNS, ACOG, PAS-17, Digital Gradient, M3 Taclight
M1014 12-gauge Service Shotgun w/M3 Taclight, EOtech
M9A1 9mm Service Pistol w/X-200
OKC3S Service Bayonet

Combat Load
14 31-round H&K magazines loaded with Mk262 rounds - 12 across lower front of MTS vest, 1 magazine in Blackhawk pouch on rifle buttstock, 1 loaded in weapon; 4 M576 Canister rounds, 4 M433 High Explosive Dual Purpose rounds, carried in 4-count horizontal pouches on left side of MTS vest under arm, 1 High Explosive Dual Purpose loaded in weapon
42 12-gauge tungsten tri-ball shells - 28 loaded in 7-count web carriers on upper front of MTS vest, 7 in Blackhawk shell carrier on shotgun buttstock, 7 loaded in weapon
8 15-round magazines of 9mm Hydrashok - 4 in left-side magazine drop carrier, 2 carried in sigle pouches on let side of Blackhawk cartridge belt, 1 in right-side Blackhawk pistol holster, 1 loaded in weapon
3 M67 Fragmentation Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of MTS vest under arm
3 AN-M14 Incendiary Grenades carried in single pouches under Fragmentation Grenades
2 M84 Stun Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of Blackhawk cartridge belt
2 M18 Red Smoke Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of Blackhawk cartridge belt

Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment
Desert MCCUU
Modular Tactical System Armor - vest, "ape-arms" pauldrons/sleeves, groin protector, yoke-and-collar, throat-protector, "buttflap" ballistic "shorts"
Ballistic Kneepads
Elbow Pads
Lightweight Helmet w/Desert MARPAT cover, Blackhawk Helmet Light
2 torso E-SAPI trauma plates
2 side E-SAPI trauma plates

Deuce Gear
3-point cinch-down rifle sling - on M16A4
Shotgun quiver - webbed to back left side of tactical vest
Blackhawk Drop Rig Pistol Holter w/lanyard
Bayonet Sheath - right-side draw, webbed between IFAK and buttpack
ILBE Pack - Main ruck, daypack, utility pouch, map pouch
Blackhawk cartridge belt
Buttpack - attached to cartridge belt

Sustainment - cuz I never plan on losing a gunbattle -
3 Liters of water - stored in ILBE reservoir
7 MREs packed into ILBE
2 Camelbaks - 1 worn centerline on back of tactical vest, 1 stowed in ILBE
2 desert MCCUUs - stored in ILBE
4 sets of OD green undergarments - stored in ILBE
4 pairs Thorlos socks - stored in ILBE
30 green glow sticks - stored in buttpack
Rifle/shotgun/pistol cleaning gear - stored in buttpack
10 bandoliers of 5.56mm ammunition - stored in ILBE
2 boxes of 12-gauge shells
2 boxes of 9mm rounds
6 individual grenade cartons - Frags
IFAK medical kit worn centerline on back of tactical vest below Camelbak
PRC-148/C commo device - worn in pouch right of centerline of tactical vest, wired to left shoulder with handset.
Folding Chair - attached to assault pack
30 empty plastic sandbags - rolled and stored in ILBE
Toughbook - stored in map pouch and loaded with Redhat BFT link
Garmin GPS - stored in buttpack
Lensatic Compass - stored in buttpack
Entrenching tool, collapsible - stored in ILBE
Coyote tan flight suit - stored in ILBE
Blackhawk webbed plate carrier - stored in ILBE
Desert MARPAT boonie - stored in ILBE
Desert MARPAT soft cover - stored in ILBE
Sleep system green bag and bivy sack - stored in ILBE
1 carton of Marlboro Reds

Locked, cocked, and standing by to Locate, Close With, and Destroy the Enemy.

You forgot the 18-wheeler to haul all that stuff with.

Rambo only needed his knife. What's your excuse?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Hmm, after careful consideration, I'd probably go with a little bit of

Armament
M16A4 5.56mm Service Rifle w/M203 40mm Grenade Launcher, PEQ-6, DNS, ACOG, PAS-17, Digital Gradient, M3 Taclight
M1014 12-gauge Service Shotgun w/M3 Taclight, EOtech
M9A1 9mm Service Pistol w/X-200
OKC3S Service Bayonet

Combat Load
14 31-round H&K magazines loaded with Mk262 rounds - 12 across lower front of MTS vest, 1 magazine in Blackhawk pouch on rifle buttstock, 1 loaded in weapon; 4 M576 Canister rounds, 4 M433 High Explosive Dual Purpose rounds, carried in 4-count horizontal pouches on left side of MTS vest under arm, 1 High Explosive Dual Purpose loaded in weapon
42 12-gauge tungsten tri-ball shells - 28 loaded in 7-count web carriers on upper front of MTS vest, 7 in Blackhawk shell carrier on shotgun buttstock, 7 loaded in weapon
8 15-round magazines of 9mm Hydrashok - 4 in left-side magazine drop carrier, 2 carried in sigle pouches on let side of Blackhawk cartridge belt, 1 in right-side Blackhawk pistol holster, 1 loaded in weapon
3 M67 Fragmentation Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of MTS vest under arm
3 AN-M14 Incendiary Grenades carried in single pouches under Fragmentation Grenades
2 M84 Stun Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of Blackhawk cartridge belt
2 M18 Red Smoke Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of Blackhawk cartridge belt

Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment
Desert MCCUU
Modular Tactical System Armor - vest, "ape-arms" pauldrons/sleeves, groin protector, yoke-and-collar, throat-protector, "buttflap" ballistic "shorts"
Ballistic Kneepads
Elbow Pads
Lightweight Helmet w/Desert MARPAT cover, Blackhawk Helmet Light
2 torso E-SAPI trauma plates
2 side E-SAPI trauma plates

Deuce Gear
3-point cinch-down rifle sling - on M16A4
Shotgun quiver - webbed to back left side of tactical vest
Blackhawk Drop Rig Pistol Holter w/lanyard
Bayonet Sheath - right-side draw, webbed between IFAK and buttpack
ILBE Pack - Main ruck, daypack, utility pouch, map pouch
Blackhawk cartridge belt
Buttpack - attached to cartridge belt

Sustainment - cuz I never plan on losing a gunbattle -
3 Liters of water - stored in ILBE reservoir
7 MREs packed into ILBE
2 Camelbaks - 1 worn centerline on back of tactical vest, 1 stowed in ILBE
2 desert MCCUUs - stored in ILBE
4 sets of OD green undergarments - stored in ILBE
4 pairs Thorlos socks - stored in ILBE
30 green glow sticks - stored in buttpack
Rifle/shotgun/pistol cleaning gear - stored in buttpack
10 bandoliers of 5.56mm ammunition - stored in ILBE
2 boxes of 12-gauge shells
2 boxes of 9mm rounds
6 individual grenade cartons - Frags
IFAK medical kit worn centerline on back of tactical vest below Camelbak
PRC-148/C commo device - worn in pouch right of centerline of tactical vest, wired to left shoulder with handset.
Folding Chair - attached to assault pack
30 empty plastic sandbags - rolled and stored in ILBE
Toughbook - stored in map pouch and loaded with Redhat BFT link
Garmin GPS - stored in buttpack
Lensatic Compass - stored in buttpack
Entrenching tool, collapsible - stored in ILBE
Coyote tan flight suit - stored in ILBE
Blackhawk webbed plate carrier - stored in ILBE
Desert MARPAT boonie - stored in ILBE
Desert MARPAT soft cover - stored in ILBE
Sleep system green bag and bivy sack - stored in ILBE
1 carton of Marlboro Reds

Locked, cocked, and standing by to Locate, Close With, and Destroy the Enemy.

You forgot the 18-wheeler to haul all that stuff with.

Rambo only needed his knife. What's your excuse?

Actually most of that stuff ca be carried by 1 or 2 people. It would be kinda heavy though.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
One word.

Killdozer.

Four Words.

Bag of mixed nuts.

All of you guys are totally screwed and I am the new king!

Wait, how do I get out of this thing? Nooooo, its like the Twilight Zone!

But seriously I am going for what the White Death had, assuming we are in winter.

"Simo Haya, the White Death,did. He was a finnish sniper in the Winter War between Finland and the U.S.S.R. He used a unscoped moison nagant rifle. He preferred the use of iron sights over a scope because it created far less of a target for enemy sharpshooters. He has around 500 kills over a span of 100 days, averaging 5 kills a day in the sparse daylight of Finland. He was operating in temperatures between -4 to -40 f. He also got 200 kills with an SMG as well. He is credited with being the most effective sniper in the history of warfare as well."

So you see how camping is the way to get your kills up.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

i agree with the no scope rifle. i have far greater faith in my aim when staring down the iron sights, moving the "nose" swiftly across the view, or ready to butt an attacker nearby. but i agree mostly with being super harmless, like a dust particle that floats through space like Brownian motion on a slide beneath a microscope.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I Would go into battle in a m1 abrams tank with the best tank crew in the us army.Supporting us would be 3 m3 bradley fighting vehicals and two apachie attack helecopters.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
A Davey Crockett, for those who dont know what it is,
It was made just after world war 2 by Britian (i think)
it was a Nuclear recoilless rifle which shot a mini nuke,
with a blast radius bigger then then the distance it was shot from

But back to reality, id watch all the rambo films (ok maybe not #3 :lol

commando & predator, and learn from the best

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wazthewazzock

Davy Crockett was developed by the US in the early '60s. It's range was 2.5km+ and even after you fire it, the warhead deploys a parachute to allow more time to seek shelter.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by wazthewazzock

Davy Crockett was developed by the US in the early '60s. It's range was 2.5km+ and even after you fire it, the warhead deploys a parachute to allow more time to seek shelter.

I should research a tad more by the looks of it

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
I'm guessing you live in the US? We don't have the same access to firearms that you do, we're a bit more civilised.

I'll let you think about that, meal time is over for the troll.

Actually you're the troll here.

This thread clearly asked for opinions on weaponry, and you trolled your way in with a "all killing is evil" style statement, which you have now followed up with an ad hominem insult to every American calling us all less civilized than New Zealanders.

I suggest you read this link and get the hell out of this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
reply to post by Majestic23

i agree with the no scope rifle. i have far greater faith in my aim when staring down the iron sights, moving the "nose" swiftly across the view, or ready to butt an attacker nearby. but i agree mostly with being super harmless, like a dust particle that floats through space like Brownian motion on a slide beneath a microscope.

In anything to do with combat I tend to think that being a purist is the way. The use of iron sight is just more classy. It would be interesting to pit the White Death and his setup against a modern sniper. Although its hard to say if any modern tech would have helped the Russians at that time. I mean, after he killed the counter snipers they just started shelling wherever they thought he was.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Some of you better take a long hard look at your "loadout" because if you carry all of that your enemy won't have to shoot you; you'll keel over from exhaustion. Here is my "Katrina" load for static defense and short-range patrol.

Ak-47 (semiauto) with Eotech 552 and surefire nitrolon. 6+1 30 rd mags
Glock 22 4+1 15 rd mags
Cold steel GI Tanto in spec ops "combat master" sheath (because the one that comes with it blows)

Diamondback Tactical Fast Attack plate carrier w/cummerbund. Add 2x lvl III standalone rifle plates.

Pasgt lvl IIIa kevlar helmet

Blowout/trauma IFAK kit on Dback tact. tearaway platform

Emdom mag dump pouch

Camelbak 3L carrier

Frs radio

10-30x monocular

1AA led flashlight w/red filter

Some other stuff..but the point is that all of this stuff is HEAVY! If you're overloaded you can't move. If you can't move you can't fight. If you can't fight then you're dead.

More later when I get off of work

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior

Cold steel GI Tanto in spec ops "combat master" sheath (because the one that comes with it blows.

That knife looks great, those cold steel guys really have it down.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Primary weapon: AK-107 with GP-25/30/34 40mm grenade launcher and a PSO-1 sight. Also Quad stack magazines are going to be used. (60 rounds in a magazine.)

Secondary weapon: SPS SR-1 "Gyurza" handgun. 9x21mm armour piercing munition. Magazine capacity is 18 rounds.

Camo: Russian digital camouflage.

Shoes: Either bland workboots with mountaineering capabillity and steel noses. or bland sneakers. Appliying same camo as my outfit.

Helmet: Titanium/Kevlar helmet with built in headset with radio.

Body Armour: Kevlar reinforced with ceramic tiles packed in thick cloth.

Also a backpack with various items including food and water.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Starred and Flagged for the audaciousness of the OP to put a suicide thread in the forum. Dude Thats BALLSY!

Since I know its a suicide mission I would confine myself to the following..
[yes they are real weapons but not all are regular issue!]

Self reinforcement: legal stimulants gallore!
Dutch Courage anyone?

Amament: Davey Crocket. 1 round fired at the massed enemy.

Vehical: any robust motorized transport that will quikly take me to the heart of the decimated enemy. Probably a 4WD or similar large and rugged vhcl or failing that a dirtbike motorcycle!

2ndry weapon: Chest strapped Nuclear demolition charge set on deadman trigger!

So 1st I fire the DC in the general direction of the massed enemy some 3km away and instantly upon its detonation I leap upon my vhcl of choice and fang as fast as I can TOWARDS ground ZERO! Upon arrival to ground Zero I would try to penetrate as deep into enemy ranks befor kamakazi'ing myself screaming "One day all you @#%&$ will be dead and I'm enjoying that fact right now! Let there be light!" instantly followed by a little star dawning upon the face of the earth!

Personal Disclosure: Sad that members can't stay on topic.
:shk:

Edited to remove single missused word! Me a
:shk:

[edit on 19-8-2009 by OmegaLogos]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join