It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Personal Loadout

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm naive and ignorant because I don't want to kill someone?

Mate, your reasoning is way off the mark.

What a joke

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
killing is over rated .

actions are easy to take , the right action is not so easy .

when you eat , you are taking a life... sure its a plant , or you don't have much in common with it... but it was living once .

the real question is.... in the world their are beings not so diffrent from you...

the evil in the world is only your poing of veiw , hitler was not evil to some.

stalin was the good guy to some .

5% of the people in the world are angels
5% of the people in the world are demons
90% of the people all around you are just confused , honest , hard working , nice folks doing the best that they can.

your angels are some one elses demon... what is tactical , is not always nice ... but frankly... point of veiw has more to do with survival then most people can see.

be in the moment and don't out think your self , by the time your mind is right , you will be dead .

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
reply to post by jd140

I'm naive and ignorant because I don't want to kill someone?

Mate, your reasoning is way off the mark.

What a joke

Yea thats what I'm saying. You honestly are more naive then I thought.

If someone breaks into your house and has a weapon are you going to protect your wife and children or are you going to sit there like a punk and let them have the run of your home?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah I'm just going to sit there and say, "I give you permission to shoot my wife, my children, and me". Are you serious?

There are other ways to immobilise an intruder, before you have to resort to killing them.

I'm guessing you live in the US? We don't have the same access to firearms that you do, we're a bit more civilised.

I'll let you think about that, meal time is over for the troll.

[edit on 12/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
reply to post by jd140

There are other ways to immobilise an intruder, before you have to resort to killing them.

You sir, have never been in any sort of combat situation, nor seen down the barrel of a loaded gun. Fantasisies only go so far, sadly, it may be beyond the point of someone innocent dying.

As far as the angels and demons talk. Someone trying to harm an innocent person is always a demon, a bad guy, the one in the wrong. When you go on the offensive to hurt an unarmed person you are in the wrong, no matter what kind of insane person agrees with you. As a good guy yourself, you should always look to protect the innocent.

All this and I would still call you ignorant, nevertheless....

As far as a SHTF scenario where the world turns into a vidya gayme style Free-For-All, I would be with you and resort to violence as a last resort, lethal violence as my last,last resort. As a good person, I would be oblidged to help an innocent person even if it meant resorting to violence. Real life is not a video game, good people dont respawn.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Happyfeet]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

No, No.

Let him have his opinion. Lots of flower picking, love one another, hands across America, non violent people have gotten into situations where its you or them and they are still alive.

I have hope for this one.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

No, No.

Let him have his opinion. Lots of flower picking, love one another, hands across America, non violent people have gotten into situations where its you or them and they are still alive.

I have hope for this one.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by jd140]

True, and at least his opinion is more mature than the thinking of the COD4 playing retards that usually flock to threads like this around the net. Little kids thinking that they would just shoot everyone as they clear neighborhoods with "macheen guns lolz"

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It isn't anymore mature.

They are both equally naive.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hmm, after careful consideration, I'd probably go with a little bit of

Armament
M16A4 5.56mm Service Rifle w/M203 40mm Grenade Launcher, PEQ-6, DNS, ACOG, PAS-17, Digital Gradient, M3 Taclight
M1014 12-gauge Service Shotgun w/M3 Taclight, EOtech
M9A1 9mm Service Pistol w/X-200
OKC3S Service Bayonet

Combat Load
14 31-round H&K magazines loaded with Mk262 rounds - 12 across lower front of MTS vest, 1 magazine in Blackhawk pouch on rifle buttstock, 1 loaded in weapon; 4 M576 Canister rounds, 4 M433 High Explosive Dual Purpose rounds, carried in 4-count horizontal pouches on left side of MTS vest under arm, 1 High Explosive Dual Purpose loaded in weapon
42 12-gauge tungsten tri-ball shells - 28 loaded in 7-count web carriers on upper front of MTS vest, 7 in Blackhawk shell carrier on shotgun buttstock, 7 loaded in weapon
8 15-round magazines of 9mm Hydrashok - 4 in left-side magazine drop carrier, 2 carried in sigle pouches on let side of Blackhawk cartridge belt, 1 in right-side Blackhawk pistol holster, 1 loaded in weapon
3 M67 Fragmentation Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of MTS vest under arm
3 AN-M14 Incendiary Grenades carried in single pouches under Fragmentation Grenades
2 M84 Stun Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of Blackhawk cartridge belt
2 M18 Red Smoke Grenades carried in single pouches on right side of Blackhawk cartridge belt

Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment
Desert MCCUU
Modular Tactical System Armor - vest, "ape-arms" pauldrons/sleeves, groin protector, yoke-and-collar, throat-protector, "buttflap" ballistic "shorts"
Ballistic Kneepads
Elbow Pads
Lightweight Helmet w/Desert MARPAT cover, Blackhawk Helmet Light
2 torso E-SAPI trauma plates
2 side E-SAPI trauma plates

Deuce Gear
3-point cinch-down rifle sling - on M16A4
Shotgun quiver - webbed to back left side of tactical vest
Blackhawk Drop Rig Pistol Holter w/lanyard
Bayonet Sheath - right-side draw, webbed between IFAK and buttpack
ILBE Pack - Main ruck, daypack, utility pouch, map pouch
Blackhawk cartridge belt
Buttpack - attached to cartridge belt

Sustainment - cuz I never plan on losing a gunbattle -
3 Liters of water - stored in ILBE reservoir
7 MREs packed into ILBE
2 Camelbaks - 1 worn centerline on back of tactical vest, 1 stowed in ILBE
2 desert MCCUUs - stored in ILBE
4 sets of OD green undergarments - stored in ILBE
4 pairs Thorlos socks - stored in ILBE
30 green glow sticks - stored in buttpack
Rifle/shotgun/pistol cleaning gear - stored in buttpack
10 bandoliers of 5.56mm ammunition - stored in ILBE
2 boxes of 12-gauge shells
2 boxes of 9mm rounds
6 individual grenade cartons - Frags
IFAK medical kit worn centerline on back of tactical vest below Camelbak
PRC-148/C commo device - worn in pouch right of centerline of tactical vest, wired to left shoulder with handset.
Folding Chair - attached to assault pack
30 empty plastic sandbags - rolled and stored in ILBE
Toughbook - stored in map pouch and loaded with Redhat BFT link
Garmin GPS - stored in buttpack
Lensatic Compass - stored in buttpack
Entrenching tool, collapsible - stored in ILBE
Coyote tan flight suit - stored in ILBE
Blackhawk webbed plate carrier - stored in ILBE
Desert MARPAT boonie - stored in ILBE
Desert MARPAT soft cover - stored in ILBE
Sleep system green bag and bivy sack - stored in ILBE
1 carton of Marlboro Reds

Locked, cocked, and standing by to Locate, Close With, and Destroy the Enemy.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Griever0311]

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Griever0311]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
BB-62 with full loadout and crew. Choker whites with sword. 20 mm Oerlikon cannon for light work. Extra P-38 can opener just in case.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm not one for fantasizing, and if the SHTF I would use what I have and what I know. My ar15, and a sidearm. Currently I only have (for a sidearm) a FEG PA-63, but I will soon be replacing that with a beretta 92 or some sort of SIG. Possibly a 1911. Use what you've trained with.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by angrysniper]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
A stick. A big one. With a pointy end.

No one ever suspects the little, hairy, middle-aged irishman with a big pointy stick. But they should.

Seriously though, some of you have WAY too much time on your hands.

And to the bloke who advocates sticking 300rds of 7.62 short plus 300rds of 30'06 plus 300rds 12ga buck up each sleeve - what in the name of all things sensible are you talking about
? How do you expect to move with about 60lb of ammo attached to each arm?!?! Not to mention a steel bar(!) and a random 10 bog rolls.

My God...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by PaddyInf]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
IF I'm going to die... rap myself in dynamite. Get myself a fully automatic AK 47. When I get shot, I blow up and take people with me! If I don't get shot, I still live.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
mmm ill take a M1-A1 main battle tanke with full crew

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
just a quick question, ive got all the ammo i need, but where is the best place to buy body armor? and the best place to get kevlar cloth suitable for making custom body armor? it seems fairly easy to do with the right tools
ive got some pretty good ideas to make my truck/campershell bullet proof, i just need the cloth to do it. and is it kevlar 29, or kevlar 49 that is suitable for protection, i forget...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but I'm just gonna bring along Griever0311, my gun dogs, and a couple victory cigars.

Well, that and some ear plugs, maybe a fly swatter.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting answers. I guess I should pitch in.

Main Battle Rifle: Barret REC7 with eohtec holo sight, m203 40mm grenade launcher, infrared laser, supressor, rifle mounted flashlight

Back-Up Rifle: M14 chambered in 7.62x51 NATO with varible range and zoom BSA scope.

Handgun: MK.23 handgun chambered in .45 ACP with tactical flashlight/laser

Explosives and Other Gear: MK 2 .22 traquilizer gun, M67 frag grenades, Flash and Smoke grenades, 5 Pound pieces of C4(x5), 10 claymore anti personel mine, 10 anti tank mines. M9 Bayonet Knife

Camoflauge: Depends on the AO. Jungle: Home-Made Ghellie(sp?) Suit. Desert: Tan Digi Camo. Urban: Urban Digi Camo.

Armour and Cover: M9 tactical helmet with NV Eye Peice, Tactical Plexiglass Goggles, Groin Protector, Dragon Scales Armour on Torso painted a dull black with Blackhawk Tactical Vest Covering. 80 empty sandbags, Camoflauge net to hang over head.

MISC: 20, 1000rd ammo cans for 6.8 spcl, 15 1000rd ammo cans for 7.62 NATO, 100, 100rd boxs of .45 ACP, 100, 500 rd bricks of .22lr tranquilizer darts, 30rd magazines for REC7(x30), 20rd for M14(x30), 15rd magazines for MK. 23(x30), 10rd magazines for MK 2(x15), Batteries of all shapes and sizes, MRE's, Water, a tent, a Lighter, waterproof bag, ALICE pack, Water proof sleeping bag, rope (about 100ft), Face paint.

And a person to help carry it all and to reload the magazines when they're empty.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Spartan Armor
20mm sniper rifle
M134 Gatling gun
Frags
Indestructible Warthog

BTW...when the shtf our wish lists pretty much goes out the window. If you are military than you are given a load out and if you are a civilian you bring what you got. And why do we "have to die?" That's just crazy talk.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11b1p
just a quick question, ive got all the ammo i need, but where is the best place to buy body armor?

Try eBay. I see Level IV anti-bullet/anti-stab tactical vests within Canada alone, and that's saying a lot considering they're not common among the public here.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MaybeThisTimeAround

It's not all wishful thinking. Take my example: some of us have the means, money, and wherewithal to abscond and acquire weapons and equipment beyond the normal scope of what you would expect the average American to possess. It's not hard to make friends with an ammo driver and then slip a few bills someone's way to make sure some paperwork gets fudged. It's also not that difficult to accumulate more than a career or two worth's issue of gear, and send it home. And as far as military units go, some of us are lucky enough to be in a unit that pretty much moves and shakes its own T/O and have the privilege of receiving whatever gear we request within the bounds of reason. Some units play fast and loose with the "rules," and realize that what's on a T/O roster isn't always what it takes to get the job done. It helps when you have commanders that have a greater than usual share of common sense. And it helps to be a friggin' ninja, so that you can Strategically Transport Equipment to Alternate Locations. Besides, not counting stuff like Abrams MBTs, and your Mjolnir Mk. VI Powered Armor (which has the slight disadvantage of not existing in the first place), there's not a whole lot of stuff on here that a dogged citizen willing to fill out the appropriate paperwork can't get ahold of LEGALLY.

[edit on 2009/8/14 by Griever0311]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join