It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 First hand account (my own, I have it right now)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OG_SWAGGA_KING

You don't "get" vitamin D from the sun. The sun activates vit D.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by OG_SWAGGA_KING

You don't "get" vitamin D from the sun. The sun activates vit D.

I have a difficult question about Vitamin D. Does indoor full spectrum lighting trigger its natural production in the body? At least to some extent?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey, if you think you're going to die, write a last post about it but don't forget to click the "reply" button before you kick it!

Also, what's your plan if you do die, how will we know? Will someone you know login as you on ATS and post about it?

Also, if you do die, who will confirm to us ATS members if it was H1N1 or not?

Remember, you have responsibilities to us ATS members to keep us informed even in the after life!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
get well. Just a thought since you got this in the summer and the world is preparing for a deadly winter coming up with this flu then why aren't we hearing anything about this flu in the southern hemisphere where there is winter in effect already

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Most of the people who have died of H1N1 have been obese. A significant portion of obese people have undiagnosed hypothyroidism. This is significant because when the thyroid does not work the immune system also functions way beneath capacity;this makes the body an easy target for H1N1. I am so tempted to tell all the poor dazed looking fat people I see to visit endocrinologists.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by eradown]

H1N1 viruses kills by overloading the immune system, causing your white blood cells to attack the lungs (cytokine storm), the same as the spanish flu. This one kills the healthy not the unhealthy. In theory the "obese" with weakened immune systems will do alot better the the people with healthy immune systems.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I had the evil bug around the Memorial Day holiday and it came back again with not as much force sometime around the end of June. I have asthma and this thing really did bury me. I developed asthmatic bronchitis and was never so sick before, and sadly have been sick quite a bit in my life.

Be careful as I have read that my experience of it coming back is very common. If you are healthy you have nothing to really fear, if you have asthma or any other chronic lung condition then fear is reasonable.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The ways in which everyone has described they would handle this, is so different than what I would have done. ? Firstly, if my doctor said I couldn't come in, I would have instantly gone to a doc in the box. They'll see anybody who walks in. Ex-ray on the spot, left with prescriptions.

But back to the doctor...Had I called and he wouldn't see me, I could have been rather insistent that he call in some Rx's for me. Then I would have had them delivered, explaining to the drugstore that I was sick, and could they also bring vitamins, gatoraid, etc. that I might need. Without ever leaving the house. MUSCINEX. Little pricey, but works great. No Rx needed.

I probably would find another doctor after I got well. I can't imagine my doctor's office telling me "sorry". That sounds incompetent as hell. Maybe women are just more pushy with this type thing than are men?

Many of the home remedies suggested sound interesting, and I'm going to the health food store tomorrow to buy some of these things. But jeez. If I'm running a fever I want antibiotics too.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
[...]The timing doesn't set up right. Influenza comes on suddenly and certainly doesn't take days for your symptoms to show. [...] From your description your fever came on days after the chest infection. This sounds more to me like pneumonia [...].

Agreed about the timing. I had Swine Flu turned Pneumonia this July.
Quick recap:

Day one: contraction.
i woke up feeling like crap after partying like an animal in Ixtapa Mexico the night before a cousins wedding. 3 days of this all-nighter behavior weakened my immune system and i foolishly ignored my intuition and my bodies infinite knowledge telling me to rest instead of hitting the tequila and dancing like mad in a sweaty wet club.

The horrible flu like acheyness and head ache increased throughout the day and before the wedding i took a couple flu pills which helped until dinner. During dinner the fever came on hard and fast, more severe than any fever ive ever known. I tried to tough it out but right after the main course i had to excuse myself and told my brother i was laying down to die on the beach. From the time of excusing myself from the table to telling my brother and laying down on a beach chair i had started to hallucinate and became very detached from my environment. Within minutes i had a very high temperature and began sweating. I pretty much knew that whatever illness had me was going to pose an actual threat of death, thus i began making peace with the big guy upstairs. My brother and people started to come around and fed me some more pills and picked me up and took me to a hotel room where i fought the fever in a soaking wet delirious state for 4 hrs before it subsided.

Day Two: fake out
This was a confusing day. I awoke wet with a bad fever again which subsided in the early afternoon. Symptoms thus far where strictly flu, no coughing, only body aches, head aches, weakness, loss of appetite and when the temp was up: disorientation. Late day i thought i was feeling better until an incidents took place which pissed me off and that weakened me and i fell back into fever. I stayed in the air-con hotel room all night sleeping and literally pouring sweating. TIP: relax dont get mad or exert effort of any kind. Also, despite one poster, dont go into the blazing hot Mexican sun for any amount of time, the bad effects of the sun out weigh the good by far when ill with a freakin flu!

Day Three: stupid move
Started to feel better in the morn and we had left town to go into the jungles for a few days before returning to Canada. Everyone kept playing down my fever, saying it wasnt that bad and i was tired of trying to convince otherwise. With the fever breaking i foolishly thought that with some positive thinking it would improve. Today a little cough started, making me believe i was beginning to get past the flu part. Wrong-ish! TIP TWO: just because the fever breaks your not in the clear dammit, keep resting dont go anywhere stupid! Drink a lot of water.

Day Four: deadly secondary infection
This is where things took a very bad turn. The Flu had opened the gates for another infection. This is how H1N1 kills folks most commonly. I began to develop a cough that had a follow through of gross phlegm. This progressed quit quickly and by end of day it was a pretty deep throaty cough with no control. By now we're further from any sort of city and good markets than is smart to be and had no air con. Can barely stay standing, sweating buckets, all the aches, getting scared.

Day Five: sneak exit
Left Mexico. Full of drugs i snuck passed thermal detectors @ airport meant detect flu and flew to back to Canada. Straight to the hospital i went and was quarantined and tested + xrayed. %75 lungs where already full of bacteria and crap from pneumonia and cracked rib from coughing. Stayed the night on O2 and saline, got antibiotics and 2 types of inhalers, went home. 2.5 wks to recover.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I had this. (my absence). It appeared to me like the normal flu only much longer in duration.

Ginger Ale (because water made me vomit)
Controversial but, smoked menthol cigs which made the lung congestion loosen up and clear with all kind of nasties coming up. (Only time I smoke now)
Chicken Soup
Tylenol-Stomach cramps and aching joints.

It is nearing 7 days and just about all cleared up. Certain foods still make me queasy.

[edit on 13/8/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Galactic World Bridger

That sounds so dreadful! I'm so happy you survived! And to the OP also, I'm so glad you're better! You guys take care.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I had something horribly similar to this, but alot worse last winter. Throwing up profusely every day all day, not wanting to drink anything etc, literally all of the exact same symptoms although I'm sure it was just a regular flu.

My reccomendation, blue gatorday mixed with sprite and ice, top ramen, lots of movies and lots of sleep. A luke warm shower seems to do good to, if you're having respiratory problems I'd reccomend steaming out in the bathroom.

Honestly though, there is no better remedy that I have learned other than gatorade / sprite / ice, top ramen.

Give it a try.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This sounds like bull crap, all had to do is go to hospital emergency room, they would check him out and find out if was Swine Flu.
If it was as he says he is being a micro biologlist, it seem he would have enough brains to stay at home until at least he was nolonger contagious.

And this dude has no thermometer, he could of pick one up when got gatoraid, I know enough to have thermometer just in case my temp goes above 104 I can do something to stop further brain damage.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I had a nasty virus last year that had me coughing so hard, I was literally peeing my pants! Fortunately, a coworker told me about an OTC med he took that actually WORKED. I'd tried all kinds of "cough medicines" and none of them did anything other than make me gag of the disgusting taste. I tried what my coworker recommended, and I couldn't believe how well it worked! It's called "Mucinex DM". You can get it at just about any drug store. Make sure it's the "DM" formula though, as that's the only one that works.

Hope that helps! Thanks for sharing your experience - I'll keep my med cupboard stocked.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
do i need a thermometer to tell myself i have a fever? absolutely not. and anyway its not gone, had a good day yesterday, thought i was really feeling better, now im sitting here sweating to death and nausious again. and i have been working in a secluded lab with only one other person, whom I think I contracted it from in the first place.

dont question my profession, your just making yourself look like an idiot

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So we've pretty much proven this guys full of # right?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Its not about proving anything, its about discussing experiences and getting a feel for the severity of symptoms and then who reacted how and how that worked.

Its not like a photo of big foot in the woods and we're all peeking at it looking for PS artifacts.

The guys sick for petes sake!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

retroviralsounds,
Thanks so much for sharing and best of luck beating the bug (Whatever it is). You say you've worked for both the WHO and CDC... were you working for either when H1N1 showed up?

Thanks and good health.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am mortician, I have now done a few Swine-Flu cases, and I have had it myself ( just at the end of it now ) . The fatal cases I have done were already sick, obese or fighting something else.

I see more deaths from cases from standard flu each year that has developed in to Pneumonia.

Most of you will get Swine-Flu at some stage and not even really know it, unless you are smart enough to map the symptoms, but its pretty much exactly how this guy describes. And it has a lovely rebound effect just when you think its all over.

From what I have heard approx 10% of the population has been infected to date, and it will continue to cycle at this figure until we have all had our turn.

I suspect some may be immune or at least have partial immunity from previous runs of this flu from the 60s & 70s. Or your Mum had it and passed it over during breast feeding. To these lucky ones it will just be like any other cold.

I cant prove it, but I am convinced it was released to help guarantee the production of Tamiflu and to get around the usual lengthy process of getting other untested drugs to the market. ( Panic is a great tool for marketers ). It also ensures no questions are asked when your governments order some more. Given the recession it was going to be a hard ask to get a re-stock of something that was not used last time around ( Bird-Flu ) .

Note: I do not hate drug companies or anything like that, I am a firm believer of vaccinations, but this is one of those situations I preferred to get it and get over it and be immune for life.

The panic is not warranted folks, move along, nothing to see here

Hope you get well soon mate.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
have someone check to see if you got giardia disease!?!? my father in law got it from a illegal alien working restuarant... dirty... same like symptoms very sick for weeks and lost 50 pounds and he looked like #.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join