It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 First hand account (my own, I have it right now)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Good luck man!

I'm sorry to hear whats going on with you

Please keep us posted as you can....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Correct. There is no official tracking now. Our area has a voluntary website to report symptoms, though.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tamaransd

Sorry to hear about your illness, as well. Hope you get well soon, too.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Hey! Everyone should think about stock piling some soup, tea, gatorade,
frozen meals, flu medicine in advance. Do not go out in public if you get sick. Call your neighbors, friends and ask them to help you. People are helpful and understranding. Tell them to leave it on the porch and ring the doorbell.
Go to URGENT CARE, Doctor's care, etc... at 8:00am to get waited on first and get a tamiflu prescription. Don't let one doctor tell you no, open your phone book..... doctors are like stray cats, these is always another one.
Swine flu is contagious so try to stay at home resting. Pneumonia comes on fast like you described, that's not something to play around with. If you stop breathing you are dead. That can get serious in two days.
It feels like an elephant sat on your chest and it hurts to cough, and couching makes you cough more. My husband and I had the stomach flu
a week and a half ago on the weekend. That was very contagious. I got it six hours after he did. That kept us on the bed motionless for two days. We ate nothing and treid to stay away from the kids who stayed downstaris, they never did get it. It seemed like it took all week to get back to normal. I was bleach cleaning all the bathrooms constantly that week. It was a violent dilberating ilness, almost bio-war fare like.

Total fear mongering here, do some research, FLU IS NOT CONTAGIOUS!! Read my other post with the link to it written by a doctor and supported by many other medical institutions and doctors the world over. Stop the fear mongering and NEVER drink gatorade, it's full of nasty High Fructose Corn syrup!! What is wrong with some people?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
I do wish you luck....in the mean time swallow cipro and quifenisin. Both are easy enough to get. Great for lung congestion. If you do have HINI perhaps you will build up an immunity for what comes later. Love and best wishes.

Please do not take Cipro if you think you have Flu or any viral infection. Cipro is not antiviral, it treats bacterial infection only.

This is how bugs become antibiotic resistant.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Last month I woke up with a sore throat. Next day I was really sick with a fever of 101F and every bone in my body hurt. This lasted for 5 days. I also had really horrible sweats with it. I would wake up and even my top sheet was soaking wet. I went to the hospital on day 2 because I was really not doing well. I also has the nausea and horrible diarrhea. They ran some blood test on me and told me I had a "virus" but could not say what. I got antibotics because I had pnuemonia in the past and it took a little over a week to get over it. I had the swine flu in 1976 and it seems like the same crap to me. Hope you feel better soon!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thanks for thinking of the rest of us, even when you're feeling so rough yourself.

Nice one. Positive Karma is being banked as i type..

Hope you kick the little buggers out soon.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

you may well really be a molecular biologist and really believe you are healthy,

i will still tell you that :

you don't have a clue about health and being healthy

1. turn off that damn bloody air-con

2. eat minimal (fruits&nuts&crudities - no meat for your recovery sake)

3. take the unique real medicine even and especially when you don't "feel" like

which medecine i'm talking about ?
easy !

that molecule our body is made of at 99% :
H2O

drink 4 litters at least per day until you get rid of that flu that should be well over if you were healthy ! (after a day of that no more dry cough guarantee...)

absolutely do NOT drink hot or sweet;

only plain water (sparkling water for a quicker effect and same result) or pure fruit juice eventually if you make it yourself

i know you're going to pee your toxins every hour and that is not like a fancy lifestyle, but that's part of the treatment.

this is very serious.
you'll thank me after (unless you're having fun looking at what it is doing to you then enjoy !)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
How can you be a very healthy person if you contract the flu every year? Doesn't make sense. I haven't had the flu since high school nor a cold since 2005. I am 29. And I work in a factory setting and come in contact with 100's of people daily.

I am not saying I am super healthy, but my immune system must be much stronger. The main thin I do is eat foods that boost the PH of my blood and lymphatic system. Lots of raw fruits and veggies.

By the way I haven't had a flu shot since 1998.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Flu isn't contagious.
Okay then.

Stupid people, we've all been just having a mass hysterical effect anytime we've gotten the flu.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well I had a nice post going on HOW TO FIGHT/CURE THE FLU- It must have timed out or hit someones nerve because it disappeared just before I was going to post it. I am not a Doctor. I have studied Alternative medicine for 20 years so I think I know what I am talking about.
LARREA TRIDENTATA Also know as Chapperal or Creosote bush. The Native Americans called it Shegoi they used it in the old days to cure many things. Please research it on your own. The bush lives for thousands of years. Larrrea Tridentata is a natural Anti-Viral herb. I recommend if you have the flu, start out on two -500Mg. capsules a day along with QUERCETIN. Quercetin is a very potent anti-oxident. Buy the one with Vit-C already in it. ( 500Mg-1,000Mg of -C) and ( 1,000 Mg of Quercetin) If you cannot find it with the -C in it then add your own by taking 1,000Mg of C along with the Q-Capsule.
The symptoms described by the original posting could very well be the on-set of Pulmonary Tuberculosis. 15,000 people in the U.S. have died from TB this year. I do not know why CDC is keeping this so secret. Hope you get well soon. KMG

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I had a very bad cough in the later part of 2007, that lasted for 2 weeks.. I don't like taking any type of meds but what I did take didn't help . Finally ordered some silver supplement online that helps the immune system, and within 3 days it was gone..Later about 3/4 months came down with something that litterly took my breath away. I counldn't go from my bedroom to the living room without being out of breath. I got myself dressed and within an hour got myself to the hospital that was just 10 blocks away. By the time I got in I could barely tell them that I was out of breath. The doctor gave me X-rays, an MRI, and blood tests. Told me it was a virus. Asked what it was called, he said there's so many who knows. He gave me steroids. Said steroids are for viruses, and antibiotics are for flu's. It was totaly gone within 2 days.. Hope this helps...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Good thoughts speeding your way, mate. And what you're doing is a pretty novel thing. I hope you recover quickly.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The OP mentioned 'home remedies' that were suggested, I'd like to hear from them with what specific ones were given as a suggestion.

I endured a week long flu that had every bit (and then some) of the intensity one would expect in a 24 hour flu, but lasting a full week.

I didn't take any specific medications, I was hospitalized 2 days in because I lacked the proper essentials to remain hydrated and to keep my electrolytes in balance.

That hospital visit lasted only a few hours, then I was sent home..and of course with proper essentials, I would have never gone to the hospital in the first place.

Since then, I am compiling information about Flu, H1N1 and alternatives to TamiFlu, which I understand through what I've read is worse than the Flu itself! So I am asking the original poster contact me give more specifics about these home remedies they were advised of.

You can see my flu page at SurvivalTime.org

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Go to the ER man.. a quick swab up the nose and they will tell you in a few if you have the Mexican Flu. If you don't they might not treat you like a leper. If you do, then your journal would be of more meaning.. as of right now, it's the "I think I have a 75% chance of having Mexican Flu Journal" which isn't as impressive to tell your bio friends than if you reaalllly did have for certain Mexican Flu.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Three of my girlfriends friends who had gone on a trip to Mexico came down with swine flu after they arrived back home.

All three are teenaged girls- They had the flu for maybe a week?
After their doctors had given them the all clear, they were clubbing it up like nothing happened.

Swine flu is far from my "worry" list.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Instead of wishing you luck I am going to give you the first part of the cure.

Go to a pharmacist and buy a nasal spray pump (empty preferably).

Now buy some hydrogen peroxide (h2o2) in a 3% solution. The regular stuff you can get in any supermarket.

Fill the sprayer and prepare to inhale.

Blow out all air out of your lungs, and then take a deep inhale while spraying 2 to three times into the back of your throat. Do this two times a day for a week.

You will be coughing up all kinds of nice things for the following days, but it should arrest any virus.

Second part:
To make sure, get yourself a Clark or Croft Zapper, a small electrical device which you place on the sole of your foot during sleep which sends small DC 5 V shocks through the body at 15 times a second pulses.

This will get rid of ANY foreign bacteria or virus in the body within days.

It boosts your immune system to heights never before seen.

The current count for "H1N1" patients cured EXACTLY this way in my neck of the woods is 27. I work with two other individuals here to treat people using zappers free of charge.

No need for any vaccine!!!!!!!! And a nice middle finger to big pharma.

U2U me with questions, and get to it.

EDIT: I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of this whole Swine Flu hype, I think I will just spam every forum I can find with this information on how you can cure this pathetic flu, and cancer, and hepatitis C, and AIDS, and chronic fatigue and depression, bulemia, the list is endless. Fed up with this BS

Doctors only repeat what they are told, everything else is VOODOO

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Truth4hire]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Since your primary care physician won't see you, here are a few of the most common homeopathic remedies used for the flu. If you match your symptoms as closely as possible, homeoapthy can really help you feel a lot better. Most homeoapthic remedies are available at any health food store, or whole foods or sprouts, etc...

Good luck:

Specific Remedies for flu:

Aconitum napellus: This remedy is useful for a flu that comes on suddenly and intensely accompanied by fever, anxiety, constricted pupils, and strong thirst. The person may feel fearful or agitated, and the fever can alternate with chills. Symptoms are often worst around midnight. Exposure to cold wind or a shock of some kind often precedes the illness.

Apis mellifica: If a person has dry fever that alternates with sweating, facial flushing, and a very sore throat with swollen tonsils , then this homeopathic remedy may be prescribed. Pain may extend to the ears, and the eyelids may be swollen. Exposure to cool air and cold applications may bring relief. Despite the fever, thirst usually is low. The person can be very irritable, disliking interference.

Arsenicum album: The person feels chilly and exhausted. Exhibits an anxious restlessness. He/she may be thirsty, but often only takes small sips. May experience nausea with burning pain, or vomiting and acrid diarrhea. If the flu is respiratory, a watery, runny nose with sneezing paroxysms and a dry or wheezing cough are often seen. The person’s head usually feels hot, while the rest of the body is chilly.

Belladonna: This remedy is indicated when there is sudden, intense symptoms including fever, red face, hot skin, and extreme sensitivity to light and jarring. Other symptoms include a very red sore throat, a pounding headache, a nagging cough, or other throbbing and inflammatory symptoms. The person’s hands and feet may feel cold despite high fever. Chills and heat may alternate.

Bryonia: Bryonia is good if symptoms include a headache, cough, constipation, thirst, and irritability. Take one dose of Bryonia 3OX or 9C three to four times a day for up to three days.

Symptoms: This remedy is often prescribed when a person feels very hot and dry, is thirsty for cold drinks, and experience aching all over.

Grumpy and feels miserable with the flu
Wanting only to lie still and be left alone
Headache, muscle aches, and cough or stomach pain
Everything feels worse from even the slightest motion.
Dry mouth, with a thirst for long cold drinks.

Eupatorium perforliatum: Eupatorium is helpful for severe aching deep in the bones that makes you feel sore allover. Take one dose of Eupatorium 12x or 6c three to four times a day for up to ten doses.

General Characteristics:
Great thirst for cold drinks

Specific symptoms:
Deep ache in the bones and muscles
Eyeballs hurt
Exhaustion
Desires cold food and drinks, which are vomited as soon as they warm in the stomach
Painful cough
Yellow tongue
Tremendous aching, as if bones are broken
Fever preceded by chills, especially from 7:00 to 9:00 A.M.

Ferrum phosphoricum: This remedy may be helpful during flu associated with the following symptoms:

Fever
Headache
Rosy cheeks
A feeling of weariness
Sensitive eyes
A short hard cough
Strong thirst
Vomiting after eating

This remedy is also prescribed in early stages of flu or fever, even if symptoms are not especially clear.

Gelsemium: Take Gelsemium if you have heavy, droopy eyes; feel weak and tired, with aches and chills up and down your back; and want to be alone. Take one dose of Gelsemium 12x or 6c three to four times a day for up to eight doses.

Symptoms: A hot head and face, but with chills that go up and down the back; burning headache without any real sense of thirst, etc. are symptoms for which this remedy is often prescribed. Other symptoms:

Fatigue and achiness that come on gradually, increasing over several days
The face feels heavy, with droopy eyes and aching.
A headache may begin at the back of the neck and skull
Chills and heat running up and down the spine.
Anxiety
Dizziness
Moderate fever
Trembling
Perspiration

Mercurius solubilis: Mercurius solubilis is useful when you suffer from a lingering flu that just doesn't seem to go away. You may have a sore throat, bad breath, and tender, swollen glands. Take one dose of Mercurius solubilis 12x or 6c three times a day for up to three days.

Nux vomica: Nux Vomica is often prescribed for flu associated with thoroughly chilled feelings, cannot get warm at all, limbs and back are aching, stomach upset. Other indications are:

high fever
violent chills
strong nausea
cramping in the digestive tract (or a painful cough and constricted breathing if the flu is respiratory)
headache
oversensitivity to sound, bright light, and odors
often very irritable
feels worse from exertion
Feels worse from being cold in any way

Oscillococcinum (also called Anas barbariae): Oscillococcinum is one of the common names used for a remedy that is widely used for prevention and treatment of flu in the United States and Europe. It has strong antiviral effects.

Phosphorus: This remedy is indicated for flu when it is accompanied by:

fever with an easily-flushing face
feels very weak and dizzy
headache
hoarseness
sore throat
cough
stomach pain and nausea or vomiting
strong anxiety
wanting others to be around to offer company and reassurance
strong thirst, with a tendency to vomit when liquids warm up in the stomach

Rhus toxicodendron: A person who needs this remedy during flu feels extremely restless and complain of achy, stiff muscles. Other indications:

fever is often accompanied by bone and muscle aches
teasing cough
sore throat
red tongue
nausea and bloating
soreness and stiffness may be felt all over,
feels better from hot showers or from getting up and pacing.
feels worse when waking up, after lying in bed, or from keeping still too long.
symptoms are often relieved by rubbing and stretching, but especially warmth and movement.

Take one dose of Rhus toxicodendron 30x or 9c three times a day for up to three days.

Sulphur: This remedy is often prescribed if a flu is very long-lasting or has some lingering symptoms such as the case when people have neglected to take good care of themselves. The person may feel hot and sweaty, with low fever and reddish mucous membranes. Symptoms, either digestive or respiratory, will often have a hot or burning quality. Heat aggravates the symptoms, and the person often feels worse after bathing.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I can provide all the proof in the world that I am a molecular biologist. What would you like me to start with? What my undergraduate research was on (iron uptake systems of oomycetes)? My major (microbiology)? What I specialize in (analysis/ detection assays)? etc etc etc.

Anyway, I made it into work today, and was feeling much better although it was still a bit hard to get out of bed (hot shower took care of that). As sick as this sounds (and further proof to my sciencehood) I saved a small sample of phlegm and if possible I plan on talking to my boss to see if we can order some H1N1 primer pairs and see if I can diagnose myself through some quick PCR.

My focus in school was pathogenics and infectious diseases, I'm 95% sure its H1N1. I have had the flu two other times in my life (the real flu, not just your stomach flu). Both times I was sick for no more than 3 days and the second time I got it I had it for just a couple days. I never, ever get sick for more than 3 days let alone a full week. And in the height of things, i was pretty damn sick. I laughed at myself a couple of times because I couldn't believe how sick I was, I joked I must be getting older (just had a birthday).

No coughing fits today (knock on wood) and very little phlem. The itch in the center of my lungs has subsided, but my throat is still a tad raw and my ears are still a bit thick.

So to sum it up real fast:
Day 0) outside golfing on birthday, mid round develop a cough out of nowhere. Really stiff and sore after golf.
Day 1-3) cough intensifies. Dry coughing fits 3-5 times a day. Awoken in the middle of the night in the midst of a spitting coughing fit. Cough so much sometimes my chest felt like imploding and I felt like puking at the same time. Cough so hard that it makes you sweat around the temples.
Day 4-6) Dry cough turns into a productive cough with really thick persistent phlegm. Damn near toothpaste consistency (sorry!). Still having terrible coughing fits 3-5 times a day, especially at night. Tidal breaths become labored. Ears begin to fill up a tad.
Day 7) Fever and persistent sweat/ clammy feeling all day long. Very irritable and tired. No motivation. Basic fever signs. Take a nap after work and wake up feeling like death warmed over. Still sweating, now accompanied with trouble focusing and hot/ cold flashes. Almost delirious.
Day 8) today. so far. Made it to the shower and finally into work (though a bit late). Told myself on the way in that I was going to try to not cough today (right). And it worked. I think I have only coughed 1-3 times, the PM is always a bit more harsh so we will see if it rears its ugly head yet again.

So it went as fast as it came. But it lasted for a solid week of hell and back, up hill both ways.
Day

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Who cares? i believe you and am sure you are a professional.

Now go and cure yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join