It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 First hand account (my own, I have it right now)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Well taking into consideration that is summer and you got flu symptoms the chances are that you got yourself the swine flu. Now by all means ride it out if you feel up to it, but if things turn to worst don't hesitate to see medical care.

I hope it goes away soon.

BTW that pressure and feeling of having water in the lungs is very common with flu symptoms be swine or regular flu.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Most of the people who have died of H1N1 have been obese. A significant portion of obese people have undiagnosed hypothyroidism. This is significant because when the thyroid does not work the immune system also functions way beneath capacity;this makes the body an easy target for H1N1. I am so tempted to tell all the poor dazed looking fat people I see to visit endocrinologists.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Get well!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I always go out into the sun when I have illnesses. I usually get better by the next day. The thing to do is just lay out and stay hydrated. If you can also do some yoga it makes a big difference! I would also suggest staying away from overly laborious things to eat, such as meats and even dairies. The reason there is a weak appetite during a sickness is because your body needs to focus its energies on other facaulties. Eat fruits and cooked veggies(cooking them makes them easier to digest). Plenty of fruits, sun, and water. UV rays kill things that are not you through your skin! I forgot to add that not doing anything is better than watching movies and such depressing activities. If you just focus on just being and concentrate on the illnesses symptoms the bodies energies can better focus on healing. The wholistic approach gets me thru in a single day.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by C0mmonen5e]

[edit on 12-8-2009 by C0mmonen5e]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I started to come down with similar symptoms, feeling very hot, then cold. This went on all day until I took some oil of oregano. I feel as if whatever was trying to take hold, was stopped in it's tracks. I have no idea if it was swine flu or regular seasonal. I honestly have not had the flu since 1998.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This doesn't sound to me like swine flu or any flu for that matter. The timing doesn't set up right. Influenza comes on suddenly and certainly doesn't take days for your symptoms to show. Fever and body aches are classic signs. From your description your fever came on days after the chest infection. This sounds more to me like pneumonia and for someone in your line of work, you may have just picked up a little nasty.

I would certainly check for pheumonia! To hell with your doc and go and get a chest xray.

I think that because this H1N1 is running around the globe and people get sick they are automatically drawing the conclusive that they got sick so they must have swine flu. While yes, rare that people get sick in the summer. It does happen. Think summer colds that people get. The germs don't disappear, we just get more sunshine and not in close proximity to others as we are in the winter.

Go get checked...I don't think it's flu. Good luck

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Whether you have H1n1 or not, have yourself checked for pneumonia. H1n1 can lead to secondary infections like pneumonia if you indeed got the flu. Sounds like a chest xray is needed. Take care.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Don't ignore the virtues of megadoses of vitamin C !

Start immed ...

As to why your doc brushed off your concerns - if it is H1N1, I am sure he doesn't want you infecting all of his other patients who are waiting in his lobby when you arrive for your appointment !

Good luck and best wishes for quick recovery !!

edit for spelling.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by visible_villain]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i hope you feel better soon, it sounds very nasty! i never had a flu, im just going to keep up on my vitamins and green tea and hope i dont get it. as others have said start taking vit c, drink lots water....but if i were u id go to the docs and get checked.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If your lungs are filled with fluid, then you have swine flu. It's that simple.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I must say that I'm getting a little more than a little fed up with all the knee-jerk attempts to discredit anyone and everyone who posts anything about anything here. It has become something of a thorn. Wouldn't it be nicer to listen to what people think, feel, believe, and experience without feeling the compulsion to drive a stake into their heart?

I don't mind the odd jab at an OP but i agree with you that we need to LEARN to listen to others from their perspective, from their view on how the world works as this to me is one of the most joyous forms of self discovery given to us from God.

We are all mirrors of each others behavior knowing all behavior forms from the same common human experiences as well as common genetic ancestry.

Anyhow I pray the op begins to heal.

I enjoyed the way in which the OP described his symptoms as I felt that it was very revealing hence a very brave thing to do.

I would hope that the OP would update his thread with any medicines
holistic or not that he may be taking including which vitamins.

Also the person who posted the idea of laying in the sun may be onto something as I have found that this helps me as well.

Peace
WR

[edit on 12-8-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Going to the doctor will do no good if it is the flu. There is nothing they can do for it. You just need to keep taking in lots of fluids to stay hydrated and flush the toxins from your kidneys.

Blow your nose often and spit out anything you cough up to get it out of your system faster. Mucinex or something like that may help.

Keep us updated.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

i think myself and my whole family had it a few weeks ago..my littlest son..who is 1.5 years old..ended up in hospital with 41° fever..my second son was ill for a few days..fever...and a dry cough for about 2 weeks..i myself had a fever for a few days and also a bad dry cough for about 2 weeks.

we all got over it.

drink lots..and dont let the cough get you down

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I hope you feel better
Thanks for the info on your personal experience. I get people at work freaking out about this and I will just show them the numerous threads on here of people who have it or have had it and show what they say about it. Some still freak out but IMO I dont think its as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Anyways get well soon!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have also been having the same flu symptoms recently. I have been sick for about two weeks trying to do everything I can to get the mucus out of my lungs. I never coughed like this before. Im pretty sure that this is a mild form of swine flu. I don't know where I could have contacted it from since know one I know has had any signs of it. I hope this will allow me to be immune to the stronger strain that is coming this fall.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I will be very interested to see how this thread shakes out. With the looming swine flu vaccine being mandatory, it would be great to further know that those that get it can survive without the vaccine.

Also, since a group of us are working on an online petition to find out what is going on with the vaccine, add your thoughts and continue the discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP, take care!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Do you think there is any way you could show us proof that you are a molecular biologist?

One look through this members posts will likely convince you. He/she has been posting frequently with excellent information regarding viruses, etc.

But asking for "proof" on the internet, well...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophecywatcher
I have also been having the same flu symptoms recently. I have been sick for about two weeks trying to do everything I can to get the mucus out of my lungs. I never coughed like this before. Im pretty sure that this is a mild form of swine flu. I don't know where I could have contacted it from since know one I know has had any signs of it. I hope this will allow me to be immune to the stronger strain that is coming this fall.

Nothing dries out the mucus membranes of the throat like sage tea. Rubbed sage from the spice isle works best of all.Sage is also calming.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Great thread and hope you feel better soon. The biggest worry is that it's thriving in the summer and it has been predicted that it will be far worse in the winter, lets hope it isn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Why can't we just give the old/young/weak/otherwise susceptible a shot of good old tried-and-true interferon? It has similar side effects (when experienced) to influenza infection so it might even give a homeopathic benefit as well. Sorry, all you allopaths out there! Please open your minds just a bit for this idea.

Interferon is a cytokine.

One of the things that is killing people with this flu is a cytokine storm.

Are you really sure you want to throw fuel on a fire when you're standing in it?

[edit on 2009/8/12 by Aeons]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join