It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to comport yourself at healthcare town hall meetings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Here we are in August and flush with town hall meetings on health care reform. The MSM has much to say on the tone of citizens questioning their representatives during these meetings. What is proper? What is civil? What is detrimental to the process? What is patriotic? Should we disagree with the administration? After all, we elected them.

Americans have 230 plus years of history and countless patriotic leaders to draw from for inspiration and answers to these questions. There's no need to reinvent the wheel fellow Americans. Let us put partisan politics aside. Let us open our minds to those that have "been there and done that". Let us look to our current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for inspiration and guidance on how we should conduct ourselves while attending and participating at these meetings on health care. After all, I think we all recall Mrs. Clinton's promoting health care reform starting back in the early 90's. She was ahead of the times. She would know the gravity of the situation. She would have explored these very questions. Do we speak our minds? Or do we mind how we speak? And so I ask you all to imagine what advice Mrs. Clinton would give us as we attend these meetings. If asked, I think she would say something like this:

There you have it. Go with fire in your bellies and heat on your tongues. God bless you Hillary Clinton! And God bless America!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

more fuel for the fire

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I am sure if you ask her she would say that the behavior she describes is only acceptable for her fellow Liberal Progressives. If any body to the right of crazy does it, then it is terrorism.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
hey hemi,
That was too funny. There is a prime example of these freaks, and their double speak..

Star, and Flag.

new topics

top topics

join