It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns At Obama Rally!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up for me...

Its good to see a citizen standing up for, and practicing his rights. Its not something you see a lot of these days.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I'm trying to figure out where all of you clowns got the idea that the US military is a bunch of autonamous killers that can jsud be told where to go and who to kill.

Jim, I hope that wasn't directed at me, because I DO NOT feel that way.

I feel bad for even responding to that post.. I digress.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrowServo
1. I think that was a very foolish thing to do, no matter what kind of point he was trying to prove. It is no wonder that representatives of the Obama administration are becoming reluctant to attend these gatherings in person. People are edging closer and closer to violence, and if a man can carry a loaded gun to a Presidential event, whatever his individual intentions, that is a cause for concern.

2. Full disclosure - I am anti-gun. I think the 2nd Amendment is a relic from a different age and completely futile in our present world. If your government wants to crack down on you, your little firearm will not protect you. The material odds are so stacked against you that you would stand no chance. The best you could do is go down firing. And while that may appeal to some sort of romanticized cowboy ideal, in reality you will just end up dead, with the only consolation being that perhaps you will have taken someone else's life in the process. Is that something of which to be proud?

3. A far more practical solution would be to break out of the paradigm of violence being met with violence. That may not be a popular view, but it is my two cents.

1. The reason why the representatives of the Obama administration are becoming reluctant to attend these gatherings is because they see that peope are not going to put up with there crap anymore. There so use to the people sitting down and not doing anything.

2. Not everyone doesn't like to be controlled by government like you do. It would appear that you care nothing about our rights. I wouldn't be surprised if your a disinfo agent.

3. Basically we let them take away our freedoms (the ones we have left) and become slaves to their beck and call? Your logic is deeply sicking.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
If the secret service didn't have a problem with it then who is Chris Matthews to argue it? Obviously the Secret Service felt that he wasn't a threat.

I would hate to think what I would have said if he talked to me that way.

Indeed how did a man with a loaded gun get close to Obama? Im sure secret service had to be checking people so than if they were how did he get in? Strange indeed

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

From my post on page 3

Alot of the peoples on these forums have worked or still work in occupations where diciplines are standard format/requirements. We do not live for our "feelings" by putting limits on others or guilt.

This kind of thinking or default has become standard political rhetoric ..alot of fear mongering behind it. Politicians like to give the public lots of stuff of which to be afraid or fear. It gives them more power and control over others.

The interesting thing about this is that most of these types have plenty of security around them at public expense. They do very little to protect the public other than take records to justify more budget.

It is ok by me if you fear so much. I am not interested in fearing or giving into fears and insecurities. I especially dont expect others to change thier lifestyles or thinking/values to suit me. Nor give up thier rights for my fears and insecurities. I dont believe such a default setting or belief is justified.

However ...this is exactly the poor tack that Drama Queens like Chris Matthews use on people easily afrighted by anything and everything. Somehow they seem to believe that thier insecurities and fears trump others rights or beliefs. It just isnt so.

I dont even like to watch Chris Matthews because he uses such fear tactics in an attempt to default through so often ..it becomes quite predictable.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan

If NH has more lax gun laws than we do down here then I must commend them for that.

We do. I always get a laugh when some gun-phobic moron suggests I relocate to Texas. Vermont, land of Berkenstocks, communes and Ben & Jerry, also has more lax gun laws than Texas.

You poor Texas are creeping up to Mass and Connecticut levels of tyranny. Better get on that quick.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by XTexan

If NH has more lax gun laws than we do down here then I must commend them for that.

We do. I always get a laugh when some gun-phobic moron suggests I relocate to Texas. Vermont, land of Berkenstocks, communes and Ben & Jerry, also has more lax gun laws than Texas.

You poor Texas are creeping up to Mass and Connecticut levels of tyranny. Better get on that quick.

Vermont is awesome with their gun laws. That's how a state should be.

Too bad that bill didn't go through that forced states to recognize each other's conceal carry permits.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Common sense ... don't take a gun to a presidential rally.

But that being said ... the gun owner made Matthews look like the dweeb that he is. He did a great job with the interview.

Matthews is now nothing more than a troll.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
oh man ive never seen a guy embarass chris matthews so much in my life. every question matthews tries to make the guy look crazy and insane, and the guy rocks his socks off every time. Good job guy, someone has finally able to shut matthews up

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Indeed how did a man with a loaded gun get close to Obama? Im sure secret service had to be checking people so than if they were how did he get in? Strange indeed

Any unauthorized person with a gun would not get close to Obama or any other President.

This person with the gun in thier holster was obviously very far away from the President. I am sure his presence was noted but not enough to get them arrested or held.
The media merely took this as an opportunity to push thier anti gun position by using the "NUT" technique and then spreading it on to the BIRTHER venue. You can actually see Matthews getting desperate for more sensationalism as the interview goes along. He is grasping for issues on which to stand. It is all textbook fear mongering once you know for what to look. He is running an M1A isssue standard blueprint. He has nothing else on which to parasite easily afrighted people.

Nothing happened at all....yet they must make it appear as if something horrible and immoral happened in order to establish themselves and the political party for which they constantly shill to be credible.

It is obvious that this event is nothing more than fear mongering and culitivating by the media in order to establish the moral ethical high ground at the expence of the American public...while making the Media look like they are rightious and looking out for us.

The obvious thing to note is that this person was not arrested or held.

A Fear Parasite like Chris Matthews must maneuver, jajole, and constantly interrupt such an interview in order to make it look like Matthews is the moral ethicall high ground when nothing of the kind transpired.

This is textbook media/political manipulation on the backs of the American Public. Hannity does the same thing at times.
You know this immediately when the person being interviewed cannot even finish a statement without being cut off and initerrupted over and over ...new lines inserted...before he/she can even finish the previous question.

This tells one clearly that this is a rigged show. Only this time it did not work and Matthews looked silly.

This technique also tells one what a bunch of Drama Queens Matthews and the network they represent actually are. The same for Hannity and Fox when they do it.
It is media manipulation.....Whoredom. Political Whoredom.

Be aware of this fingerprint ..it WILL happen again. Some of you will recognize it now...very quickly. No matter who is doing it.

This is an attempt at media programming..not news reporting. How to steal the very souls of the viewing public...emotionally.
I also call this ...WHOREDOM.
BEWARNED.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Your OP said :
Open carry is legal in every state in some form or another.

It's rather interesting that I just came across the following, and thought I'd post it here for review by those following this thread -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f1004ab43ae.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8a9087e1dc6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0158e30407a4.jpg[/atsimg]
Source : ATSmedia

See the 'big-red arrow' in the third frame ?

Don't know if it means anything, but I don't like what my gut's telling me ...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Have to have more than that to corroborate the article. Please give source.

The arrow is just pointing out one of the ways you ID someone, via the Geneva Conventions, to determine their status ie civilian or combatant.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ron Paul talks about the "incident."

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Either he was an Obama plant to make gun owners look like idiots. Or he really was an idiot. Look I'm for gun rights, but doesn't anyone on here know the slightest bit about Law Enforcement. Doesn't anyone on this board and real life know that the Secret Service protects the president. It's people like that that make the responsible gun owners look like like idiots. Please do not ever give those that want to take our rights away any more ammunition(go ahead pun intended if you want) than they already have. He was going around in front of them like he's Wyatt Earp. All it takes is for some knew crisis involving guns for them to latch onto and politicize. Right now they don't want to touch it because they know the public is for gun rights, but wait until they find some crisis to rally too.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A right not exercised is a right lost.

Far from making gun owners look bad, he promoted the right to bear arms in a peaceful and profressional manner.

I think the only people that are offended by his actions are those who see guns as "evil" things. There's nothing stupid about exercising a god given right.

The government has cowed the public into thinking that only the government slave masters should be able to openly carry arms in public. Just like the south after the civil war when gun laws were enacted to keep blacks disarmed.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Alex Jones interviews William Kostric, the man who brought the gun.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Let me say it slowly so that it can be understood.

THE..............MAN...............DID................NOTHING.........ILLEGAL!

Plain and simple. He didn't get close to Obama. He didn't pose a threat to Obama. Here's a news flash for you. The MSM is dying for their to be some violance at one of these town meetings. The Dems are trying to discredit citizens who don't agree with them by calling us an angry mob. Between the unions and ACORN, it wouldn't suprise me to see them start something so that it can be blamed on us. I spent a large part of yesterday at a town hall meeting in Pennsylvania. I didn't go there to protest, I went there to record everything with a video camera so that in the event something was started we had an independent record of exactly what happened. With some of the things that I have been hearing lately, my 9mm was right where it belonged, in my shoulder holster.

I was pleasently suprised that nothing happened at the meeting. Both sides had their say and while it got quite vocal, there was no violence. I do have to admit that some of the local television people are very good editors. Their reports made it look like there was going to be a riot at any second.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread about this, I own more than one gun, I also support Americans right to have and carry guns.

What bothered me about this situation, was not that the man carried a loaded weapon, though I feel it was a dumb thing to do in this scenario, but that he also carried a sign which read "It Is Time to Water the Tree of Liberty."

This is in reference to a statement made by Thomas Jefferson, the FULL statement was..... "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

To me, meaning that he was advocating violence in regards to the situation we find ourselves in, instead of advocating true debate. IF, he was advocating talk and debate, he would not have been carrying a sign which advocates violence.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
William was brilliant all around, great exsample of a good American doing what he saw was right and legal. As stated in interviews, Obama was NOT at that rally, this was blocks away, he was on private church property and did an amazing job for civil liberty rights... WAY TO GO WILLIAM!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Why didn't he ask,

"During this video we are showing, you clearly have an earpiece in like the ones you'd see on a FBI or CIA agent. Are you a federal agent?"

Probably because the odds are he's wearing that earpiece so he can hear Chris' questions, given that the interview is obviously with the guy at a different location.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join