It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has you people convinced about 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Forgive me, for being Ignorant. Have I missed something? Help me Deny my own Ignorance.

I ask you to go through the whole OP. Also, if you can please send information/videos my way to help me understand things better.

This thread is about ME understanding where YOU are coming from. It's not a hate thread or anything like that. I just want to know, what makes you believe whatever will happen in 2012, will happen? I'm sorry, but I've always been a skeptic to the 2012 hype.

There are so many theories on what will happen in 2012, its almost impossible for one of them not to be correct. All this has led me to think that nothing, or at least something small is going to happen in December 21, 2012 A.D.

Are you all pretending something will happen? Or are you all believing in something, because you have nothing to look forward to? Do you just want to BELIEVE? What is it, really.

It's come to my attention that there are people on this site and many others who believe they are "awake". They believe that of course they are "awake", and that they are so "enlightened", but the majority of people are "asleep", and ignorant. Can I ask you "awaken" what it really means to be awake?

I will admit that from my being on ATS, has made me aware of things, and possibly changed who I am today. I pay a lot more attention to my environment, and the people surrounding me. Is that what awake means? Either way, I wouldn't dare call myself awake. That means that there are people under me, and for what reason.

This "awareness" is like some new age guru stuff, and many other things. It can really branch off in many different aspects of being "awake". For example, you could be an E.T. from a different planet and not even know it...

I'm confused how someone can really think that. People even say, when they meditate they can see things, leave this planet or something. I cannot judge them, because I have not had their experiences. Anyone, can believe what ever they want. Why? Because we all have imagination. It can lead us to believe something we concentrate, or meditate on.

But why do I mention all of this "awareness" and stuff liked to meditation? From what I can see on ATS, its one of the major leading 2012 groups. I want to know what makes you guys believe a conscious shift, or something of that nature will happen in 2012.

I'm dearly sorry if I've offended anyone. It's just that there are so many of you all flocking in the same direction. It really makes me think where all this "consciousness" comes from. Thanks for hearing me out.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what the cause of it is, but I think it has something to do with some kind of 26,000 year pulse of Earth's history.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Think about it. Many people have fallen on hard times economically. Of course many would accept the fact of the world entering its final stage of existence, when the future looks so bleak for 90 percent of us.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Recently, I read a recently-published book, 'Invisibles' by Tobias Churton.

It's subject matter is Rosicrucianism.

The author is ' .. an Honorary Fellow of Exeter University, Lecturer in Freemasonry & Rosicrucianism at the university's Centre For the Study of Western Estotericiism, offering Britain's only Master's degree in that subject.' .. and author of numerous books concerning Freemasonry, Gnisticism, early Christianity and the Bible as well as being founder-editor of Freemasonry Today magazine and regular lecturer at the Canonbury Masonic Research Centre, etc.

and the author states authoritatively that it has been known for hundreds of years that the birth of Jesus occurred between 7 and 6 BC. This conclusion was reached via the science of astronomy, upon recurring and predicable cosmic events.

Therefore, according to the above, the year NOW is not 2009, but is instead 2015-16.

In which case, 2012 came and went in 'our' year 2003 approx.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Think about it. Many people have fallen on hard times economically. Of course many would accept the fact of the world entering its final stage of existence, when the future looks so bleak for 90 percent of us.

Plus, in this age of Grunge music, people are so depressed many would welcome a catastrophe with open arms. More optimistic people would also welcome a consciousness shift.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Plus, in this age of Grunge music, people are so depressed many would welcome a catastrophe with open arms. More optimistic people would also welcome a consciousness shift.

Yeah you have to be able to afford to shelter and feed yourself to be alive for such a shift. If I don't make it send me a post card.
Hard to be optomistic when the communities around you are dissolving morally and finacially.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It could have something to do with the Mayan calendar ending on precisely that date... though cyclical, the Mayans were intuitive enough to know that whatever has a beginning, has an end. Or it could have something to do with the conquistadors eradicating their very existence before they got a chance to write chapter "2013."

It could have something to do with the (as yet) hypothetical re-emergence of Planet x/ Nibiru on it's 3,600 year cycle slipping above the Earth's elliptic and wreaking immortal havoc on the Earth's gravitational and electromagnetic fields, pole reversals, violent geomagnetic events and tectonic shifts as a result, ending life as we currently know it... or if it is on a 3,600 year cycle, proving how humanity survived it before and will survive it again.

It could have something to do with the growing power of the current presidential administration facing growing threats on domestic and foreign fronts up on it's bid for re-election dealing in a very Orwellian style with growing civil unrest, the collapse of our dollar and current economic system resulting in the sudden emergence of the New World Order and the dreaded Fema concentration camps.

It could have something to do with the planetary alignments on that date resulting in a one-sided pull on the sun's gravitational field resulting in the complete and sudden dispersment of cohesion of our solar system's ever so fragile geosyncronous balance of the planets scattering us to the four proverbial solar winds.

It could have something do do with a massive celestial event such as the dreaded Wyrmwood crashing down like a "fiery mountain from the sky" denoting the breaking of the seventh seal...

Or according to my calendar, it could be just another Friday. In which case I and my girlfriend will get Huddle House to Go, chill on the couch and watch what's certain to be the next blockbuster DVD, the Avengers... that is supposed to come out in the summer of 2012 still, yes?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko,
Ya, I've read about that, and saw a video on that quite a while ago. I'm thinking that some people also take some knowledge of the solar cycle.

AcesInTheHoly,
Lately, I've been thinking just that. I've even seen some posts on ATS that say they will welcome the end of the world. Also some other posts, saying there sick of life etc. So maybe people do want something better to believe in, or want the end to come, because they feel they have no future. Where there is a will there is a way.

St. Vaast,
You know what, I've thought about the Gregorian calendar and its efficiency, and accuracy. If the book is accurate, that would be kind of funny, if the public finds out. But how many would accept something like this. Just goes to show you the endless differences everyone has.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

All these things could happen. I've noticed the increasing opposition to the new administration. I'm afraid that these are one of the most possible, but there have been many other oppositions, and not much has happened with those. But I feel there are just too many things that could happen. Ironic, that I always feel there are so many things that seem impossible, there has to be one that gets in.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
On a lighter note, many people may be hung up on 2012 for one very good reason. Have you ever tried talking to a random cute woman at a bar about 2012? Pure gold I tells ya!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Convinced?

My god what a powerful word you've asked me to describe friend.

To tell you the truth I'm not convinced of anything. I have an educated opinion, but I don't know anything really, so I'll give you my guess and perhaps you'll gain from it.

As far as I've researched over the years I've come to the conclusion that 2012 is when we fall from the age of Pisces, into the age of Aquarius.

Now this is what we call the "Precession of the Equinox" and is a constant 26 thousand year cycle. Now at the end of this cycle, our Sun and the Earth, will align with the black hole at the center of our galaxy.

This effectively means there will be a very nice light show and a galactic alignment. Now from what I've read, and what I've experienced through meditations and out of body experiences, there will be a very big change during that time.

Now is the world going to end? Is fire going to rain from the sky? Are aliens going to take over? No. Not to my knowledge.

But the "awareness" that you feel today, is what EVERYBODY will feel come the beginning of 2013. It will like the days after the fall of Rome. Chaotic, yes, but overwhelmingly peaceful.

Like mother Earth herself will breathe a sigh of relief. Now that's just my educated opinion and assumption. I could be entirely wrong and there could be a Pole Shift and the world could End on that day.

All I know is that like every great civilization, ours will fall as well. The only difference is that our civilization is now a global one, the the impact will be far more felt than with others.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this alot lately. First let me say that I do believe that something is happening, something is changing, something is different.

About a year and a half ago, I was driving in my car and suddenly had a profound thought come into my .. I suddenly KNEW without a doubt that everything is one and connected. Duality is an illusion. This experience started everything for me.

I then had an uncontrollable urge to learn the truth about everything. I bought books, I searched the net looking for the truth. I felt led to certain books. I felt led to this site. It seems that everytime I have a question about something, the answer is put right in my lap. It has been the best year and a half of my 51 years.

At the same time, I also wonder if I have gone off my rocker. I never use to think about the things I think about now. I also used to be stressed out all the time. I am much calmer now.

There are too many things happening at the same time now, like no other time in history. It just seems like everything is coming together. It seems planned and I don't mean planned by the PTB. I think it is planned by something MUCH bigger than that. TPTB are just players.

I try to keep my . in the real world to some degree. If nothing happens in the next 3 1/2 years, then I want to be able to laugh at myself and look at it as a very strange part of my life.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for sharing your opinion. One can only hope that something like what you explained, will have a positive outcome. When I look around my neighborhood, I see very religious people. These people like to keep to themselves. I'm not saying that all of them are like that. But that's the notion they give. It would be great to see them in a new light. A light, which shows that some of them are independent, and not following because they don't know where to go.

When I hear about the world, I only hear negative things. I am a very independent person. From my experiences, its best for me to just do my own thing, and leave others with themselves.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

Its great to hear about your experiences, because you have been on this world longer than I have, and probably understand more. I am very young, and the older I get, the more I begin to see. But maybe that's just life. I had several experiences where the answer presents itself to me as well. Thank you.

AcesInTheHole,
You could be on something here. Maybe people talk about this subject because it can lead to socializing. I'm sure everyone has his or her own opinions on this matter.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing. I don't subscribe to any of the 2012 theories. In fact , I think it likely 2012 is not really the year 2012 ... and even if it is, and our timekeeping has been as accurate as most people tend to accept... it's just another number, as bereft of special significance as any other number.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry to be a downer to all those 2012 "believers" BUT so far I have seen or read absolutely NOTHING that makes me think there is even a remote possibility that something untoward, drastic or earth-shaking is going to occur towards the end of that year.

Move right along people ... nothing to see here .....

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder why I bother posting

everyone wants to post, few want to read preceding posts, apparently.

I posted and even went to the trouble to detail the source in order to explain that based on astronomy, the year 2012 came and went approx. 6 years ago.

You'd think, after listening to all the dire predictions, that people would be happy to know that.

Apparently not. Seems people would rather wallow in end-times scenarios

OR .. perhaps it suits the agenda of some for the sheepies to wallow in end times scenarios ?

Obviously, most people are desperately hoping something dire will occur in 2012 --- because they figure it will save them from having to face the reality of their own, very ordinary lives and mortality.

Anyway, scientists who deal in observable, recordable, repeatable facts rather than fantasy --- have stated many times in the past that Jesus was born in what was 7 to 6 BC. Which means our calendar is approx. 6 years behind. Which in turn means that our calendar SHOULD read 2015 now and NOT 2009. Which of course means that '2012' has BEEN and GONE and did so in approx. 2003.

But you don't want to even consider that possibility, do you ?

It would mean you'd just have to get on with life instead of waffling on about '2012'.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Ya, the accuracy of the Gregorian calendar could be put up for debate. I sometimes don't understand all this hype, and other times I understand that some people need something to believe in. Who am I to question them.

tauristercus,
From my research as well, I just don't buy some things. Every now and then I get mad, sickened by some threads, because I disagree with them. That's not a good thing for me though.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I think if anything happens on December 21, 2012, it will be man-made. I don’t expect to see Ascended Masters, the Galactic Federation of Light, eight tiny reindeer or whatever else is supposed to appear. The few times I tried to meditate it turned into a nap and the only thing my higher density vibrates to is a couple of shots of tequila and the Rolling Stones doing Honky Tonk Women. I like being asleep. It suits me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

As, I've previously stated, I doubt the accuracy of the Gregorian calendar. I'm seriously thinking, that some people just need to believe in something. For whatever reason they have. But I can't believe in things that waste time. I guess you can say that I have no faith in many things.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join