It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastika painted at Georgia congressman's office

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Exactly!

I can't believe we're even debating on whether or not a swastika is racist.

I'm losing faith in people to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Strictsum

You are exactly right, the problem lies in one thing though, some of these people want a big government, other want a limited government.

Those two people won't ever come together, what Obama is doing is exactly what some of them "think" they want. Just about everybody was against Bush, but I see the same thing that you do. A lot of these people were just partisans and now it has become apparent.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

But, how can people who don't trust government one day. Want a huge government the next. It makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The opposition is doing a fine job of that all by themselves.

Bringing guns to a public rally, spreading lies and disinformation via their surrogates (Palin) and other quackery.

But as always, they'll try to blame the government instead.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Getting back to the topic at hand...... has anyone heard if there were video surveillance tapes and if they have got any leads yet??

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I've been trying to figure out myself now for a while. It doesn't make any sense, but no matter how many different ways I pose the question the only answer I get is "government is good". :shk:

So I don't get it, I'm just as clueless to the thought process myself, I used to think that way then I woke up. It doesn't make any sense.

Also as another poster just posted I wonder if security video has surfaced yet. I would think that the congressman's building would have a security system.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

from what i got from the local news they were cams. but not faceing the sign

his office is in a racially divers area with rich on one side and the low income on the other a lot of young kids so it could of been the right or the left or some one not even playing the game Im in that area on a daily base and you see all kinds in this area it could of been racist from the right or propaganda from the left or some one with no affiliation to ether so lets just see where the bread crumbs lead

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
lol at you people trying to argue that a swastika isnt a sign of hate. It used to not be but when nazis took it up it from that point on became a sign of hate. Anyone that supports nazis is prejudice against one group or other, its simple fact. Theres no arguing about it. If someone painted swastikas by or near my property (that would never happen where I live) I wouldnt take it as asign of love. LOL

Whether this guy set this up or not I'm not arguing about, he may have set it up. But the swastika IS a sign of hate.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

You are exactly right, the problem lies in one thing though, some of these people want a big government, other want a limited government.

Those two people won't ever come together, what Obama is doing is exactly what some of them "think" they want. Just about everybody was against Bush, but I see the same thing that you do. A lot of these people were just partisans and now it has become apparent.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

But, how can people who don't trust government one day. Want a huge government the next. It makes absolutely no sense.

You've made some great posts in here. I agree with most of them. A lot of these people are total hypocrites, although I admit I'm guilty of it too sometimes.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting .. this is the first time I have heard racism was a part of the Health Care proposal debate??

And how do you paint a swastika on a congress persons office without being seen?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

The swastika that the Nazis used (and as is commonly used) is actually a reversed version of a Buddhist symbol.

Swastika history:

history1900s.about.com...

So yeah, when reversed and used by fascist entities, it becomes the opposite of the buddhist version.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars

The swastika that the Nazis used (and as is commonly used) is actually a reversed version of a Buddhist symbol.

Swastika history:

history1900s.about.com...

So yeah, when reversed and used by fascist entities, it becomes the opposite of the buddhist version.

Interesting. That I didn't know, and I'm someone who studies symbols and religion!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

the street that his office is is not that well lit and I dont like going down concord rd in the day time

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Interesting .. this is the first time I have heard racism was a part of the Health Care proposal debate??

And how do you paint a swastika on a congress persons office without being seen?

Thats what I was thinking. I would think there would be cameras set up. And as far as racism, these days everything is "racist", its quite rediculous the race card is being pulled left and right! I mean I'm black and I don't see like 90 percent of things people call racist as being racist, atleast political related stuff. I guess its just easy for some to brush stuff off and call it racist. Obviously I do think painting swastikas on something is a sign of hate though, theres no arguing about it. But I wonder if this guy did set this up. Who knows.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No Sweat, you are correct, in the modern context a swastika is identified with Nazism, not Buddhism. As such, it gives off racism, hatred, violence ect. Hardly anyone in the modern world goes "Oh Look what a nice reversed Buddhist symbol". It is a hate symbol.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Getting back to the topic at hand...... has anyone heard if there were video surveillance tapes and if they have got any leads yet??

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
Thats what I was thinking. I would think there would be cameras set up.

I'm not aware of the outcome but I did see this in the article:

The congressman's office is located in a bank building and Scott said he was optimistic that surveillance cameras captured the vandalism.

So it looks like they're going to see if the bank's cameras caught anything. I don't know of any updates.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

I believe the swastika was spray painted on a road sign with the congressman's name on it.

Maybe there are some 'traffic' cams that where pointed at it.

I still think it's funny how this is being linked to health care opponents when there is not one shred of evidence as to who or why.

It could have been a bored teenager for all we know.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

You know being a white male, I find it the most disgusting when people of my same ancestory turn to racial slurs. I have dealt with white power and their associate gangs for a long time. Each and every encounter is the same drug induced mentally challenged ignorant stupidity that exits their feed whole. Ive had fun shutting it a few times, but my God is this a tireing out dated way of thinking...

And I can tell you it should be the same way with every race. Whether you are white, black or all the multitude of colors in between the only way we are going to get past this utter stupidity is if the people within each and every community say enough is enough. The hatred must stop...grass roots style...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My take on this swastika.

It appears to have been hurredly scrawled by a possibly scared person whom does not know how to A) spraypaint or B) draw too well. It looks more like an S with a line through it.

Would a congressman or aide leaving after a late shift have been able to hurredly do this on his way out? Or was this the work of some scared virgin protester?

But, the big question as per usual - who stands to gain?

Anyone from the 'no healthcare in the way it's being implemented' camp would not gain from being viewed as a group of neo-nazi, white supremacist, hate monger (insert your favourite tag here) etc etc.
Anyone from the pro-healthcare group would benefit by being able to paint brush the resistance as racist nazis.

Lets face it, finding any camera tapes will proove difficult if govt involvement is there... we all know how tapes love to 'disappear' when something controversial is on them.

Cui bono.....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

And I can tell you it should be the same way with every race. Whether you are white, black or all the multitude of colors in between the only way we are going to get past this utter stupidity is if the people within each and every community say enough is enough. The hatred must stop...grass roots style...

This stuff is being fueled by politicians and non profit groups who do not want racism to go away.

Think of all the people who would be out of a job if racism went away completely. They can't let that happen so they scream racism at everything. The more racism the better for these people.

Racism is real, I'm not saying it isn't. However it is no where near as widespread as some people would like you to believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Let me put on my Tin Foil hat here for second, are you saying trial lawyers are pushing this stuff? Cause that is who I can see benefiting, also the government, more people in prison, and a few "community organization groups". Wow what a screwed up world we live in.

What they are called are advocate support groups, but they are essentially a team of lawyers that focus on a specific thing like domestic violence for example, then they find these cases and do go to court like a lawyer, if it is helpful to their cause. These groups are also taking money directly from the government stimulus money often times like ACORN, then essentially they have a street team and paper pushers expoliting civil rights for political and financial gain.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join