It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swastika painted at Georgia congressman's office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Swastika painted at Georgia congressman's office

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEALTH_CARE_SWASTIKA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-08-11-16-45-19]hosted.ap.org[/url ]

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A swastika was found Tuesday painted on a sign outside Rep. David Scott's district office, an act the Georgia Democrat said reflects an increasingly hateful and racist debate over health care and should serve as a reminder for people to tone down their rhetoric.
Scott, who is black, said he also has received mail in recent days that used N-word references to him, and that characterized President Barack Obama as a Marxist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I for one am against this new legislation, BUT, in no way endorse anyone making this a topic of race. However this does go to show a massive escalation in radical activities surrounding the issue.

I do not care what your personal beliefs about religion or other races are no matter how ignorant they might be. I do how ever care that we stand up against this new raping of our freedoms. Using such racial topics will only hurt any efforts to curtail the progression of this legislation.

On the flip side of things comes to me the thought that bringing race into this might be what the proponents of this legislation might just need in order to make it pass. If you make it a racial issue then you will have the support of more people, not because they agree, but because they hate racism.

Any coverage of racial tensions my the media surrounding this new legislation should not be reported on. It only blurs the issue causing people to not see it for what it truely is. A hostile corporate take over.

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEALTH_CARE_SWASTIKA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-08-11-16-45-19]hosted.ap.org[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I'll bet you money that guy hired somebody paint that on there so he could get attention and make a fuss!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If they sign in the hate crime bill, make it all about race, then everyone can be arrested. Easy enough plan for American domination...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
No need of that! Terrible idea!!

All Obama sincerly wants to do is GIVE you people what you ASKED FOR during the election.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
No need of that! Terrible idea!!

All Obama sincerly wants to do is GIVE you people what you ASKED FOR during the election.

What who asked for? Not I said the fly. No one asked for a government take over of our personal lives. Yet they are doing it. The masses were easily manipulated. Now people are starting relize they were manipulated.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Government take over of our lives?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No Offense, but I am not trusting anyone.......as far as I know either side could have painted that image for various reasons. Either way, it's reprehensible to do it. Sad thing is.....I wouldn't put it past either side.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was going to make a post, wondering how long before the Birther types come forward asking whether this was, indeed, a plant (zomg!) to further discredit these groups. But, it looks like one of 'em beat me to the punch.

Because, as we all know, racists and neo-nazis doesn't exist - right?! Especially not in GA!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

It's important to remember that you can make a conspiracy out of anything.

I try to avoid the ones which posit some radical idea without any evidence to support them.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
I was going to make a post, wondering how long before the Birther types come forward asking whether this was, indeed, a plant (zomg!) to further discredit these groups. But, it looks like one of 'em beat me to the punch.

Because, as we all know, racists and neo-nazis doesn't exist - right?! Especially not in GA!

So all racists and neo-nazis are Birthers??? Great logic there. No wonder both sides have such great dialogue.

I'm am simply stating that both sides have been caught stacking the deck in their favor. I would not trust either and as I have said, the act in of itself is reprehensible, regardless of who did it. You spin that anyway you want buddy.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

"I have made a solemn pledge that I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."—6/23/07, Hartford, Conn.

Health Care Promise

Well, he did promise he'd do it if he was elected...

This is interesting, especially if you've looked over Skeptic Overlord's thread about his experiences on what's going on in Washington right now.

If the radical portion of the protests against healthcare are supported by Republicans and/or Republican interests, I'm starting to see this quickly escalating to a point that's going to backfire on the party and end up making the Democrats look much better.

Could this have been Scott's office or Democrats trying to make the protestors look bad? Possibly...but that's quite a lot of risk for the Congressman to take just to try and paint the opposing side as extremists. If anything came to light that they were behind it, the Congressman's career would probably be ruined. I'm not so sure he'd be willing to take that risk, but you never know.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Is it just me or are TPTB trying really hard to make the health bill opposition seen as wrong, evil, strange or scary?

that's how I'm seeing it

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

If the radical portion of the protests against healthcare are supported by Republicans and/or Republican interests, I'm starting to see this quickly escalating to a point that's going to backfire on the party and end up making the Democrats look much better.

What's so radical about wanting to slow down and get healthcare reform right and with as much support as possible rather than have one side quickly try to ramrod it's version of it through?

I hardly think that whoever did the painting was acting in behalf of either side. This site has taught me to ask this question: Who benefits most from this???? Course it probably wasn't the brightest candle in the box that did it either.........

[edit on 11-8-2009 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by Monger

So all racists and neo-nazis are Birthers??? Great logic there. No wonder both sides have such great dialogue.

Not all, but I'm willing to bet every penny I own that a good chunk of them are. At least 40 per cent. Of course, they won't admit as much here on ATS as it would result in the termination of their account.

Seriously, all one needs to do is browse sites like Stormfront - or some of the more repugnant ones - to see that this is, in fact, the case.

Questions over Obama's eligibility where started in places, as a way to discredit his presidency.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Monger]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

That make's it so much clearer, either they are a racist or only just ignorant. Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried there.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

Is it just me or are TPTB trying really hard to make the health bill opposition seen as wrong, evil, strange or scary?

that's how I'm seeing it

Nope, they seem to be doing a might fine job of that all by themselves.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I'm just guessing, but probably big pharma.

The way medicare and medicaid work now, that's generally who benefits the most. They charge outrageous prices in a non-competitive environment which some states pay -- and have legislation in place to make it impossible for the government to bargain with the drug companies for a lower price. This is the same government which will pay for nexium over prylocet -- even though both drugs are essentially the same damn thing with the same damn effects. One simply costs more, and the government thinks it's prudent to pay for the one which costs more rather than the cheaper OTC alternative.

Big pharma has been milking the tax payers for years through medicare and medicaid, and it has gotten to the point where even the congress/president/MSM have spoken out against letting this sad state of affairs continue. However, I wouldn't put it past the pharma lobby to have a finger in health care reform -- after all, it's their money we're about to take away -- and as such, I think it's highly likely they are the ones who are lobbying for their continued benefit from the system.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by Monger

That make's it so much clearer, either they are a racist or only just ignorant. Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried there.

You're right, perhaps that was a bit much.

But I stand by the first part of my statement.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

You are right I think.....and guess which side the drug companies are supporting to the tune of 150 Million Dollars.

Drug industry backing Obama's health care plan

White House Affirms Deal on Drug Cost

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join