It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food crisis could force wartime rations and vegetarian diet on Britons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Food crisis could force wartime rations and vegetarian diet on Britons

www.timesonline.co.uk

The British people face wartime rations and a vegetarian diet in the event of a world food shortage, a new official assessment on the UK’s food security suggests today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
They are talking ration cards for food like in WWII and diets that would be primarily vegitarian-based. The article goes on to note: "the food chain is at risk from global influences such as a worldwide increase in population, climate change bringing extreme weather patterns, higher oil prices and more crops being grown for bio-fuel instead of food....Supplies in future may also be disrupted by animal disease outbreaks, disruption of power supplies, trade disputes and interruptions for shipping and at ports."

Sounds delightful, doesn't it? Not only do you cget a "special" card, you also get forced to eat frankenfood. Have at it, ATS.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
THE HOME GROWN REVOLUTION

LOOK WHAT THESE PEOPLE CAN DO WITH 1/5TH OF AN ACRE

85% OF THEIR FOOD IN THE SUMMER & 55% IN THE WINTER

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think that if they started rationing food these days people would die from lack of the preservatives in fast food.

I started trying to grow more of my own food this year and the indoor hydroponic stuff is providing my kids with more veggies that they love eating. Store bought stuff (even fresh) they complain about but if we grow it ourselves they love it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

i live in the hell of the uk, and it is hell.
i could go on about this, but i have realised there is no point, people are people, and people are blind sheep.
rationing is a joke,
not happening and will not ever, from this day forth, inpossible and too costly.
also there is plenty of food in the forests and fields, and plenty of sheep behind every door on my road, mutton is good no matter how old.
them or me..............i choose me.
this may sound wrong to some people, but food is food. and wrong and right is only taught. i live by my rules and what i decide is fair and right. if the # hits the fan, i'm not getting splattered.
and above all that isnt it against my human rights to be foreced into laws and a civialiation ( i use civilisation lightly) that i do not and will not live up to or wish to live in. and yes i am trying to leave the uk.
i'm no people eater, or serial killer, but if sheep is all there is to eat, then i'm first in line at the bbq,
and if the sheep have a government stamp then i'm having seconds
(why has my connection gone unbelivebley slower than usual) cant even open a new tab.
gordon brown your a prick, that might help.
later peeps my rant is done

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
“a worldwide increase in population, climate change bringing extreme weather patterns, higher oil prices and more crops being grown for bio-fuel instead of food.....animal disease outbreaks, disruption of power supplies, trade disputes and interruptions for shipping and at ports.”

Any of this in any country would wreck havoc on the food supply. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the article is speculative, stating what could happen, not what is happening now. Food is not being rationed now, is it?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by its me

i live in the hell of the uk, and it is hell.
i could go on about this, but i have realised there is no point, people are people, and people are blind sheep.

I don't live in the UK, although I've visited there several times and enjoyed the beautiful architecture, countryside, the general attiude of the people, etc. Nevertheless, I pay close attention to all the news coing out of the UK these days because it scares me witless. Lots of people complain about lockdowns, survalience, and general dirty tricks in the US, with good reason, but it seems to me the UK is becoming far more orwellian at a faster pace. You guys have crazy levels of survalience and total hysteria over certain issues (arresting hundreds of kids for stuff they do on playgrounds; allowing sharia law in certain areas, etc.). I don't know what's going on over there but the UK is turning into a seriously scary place in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They keep slotting this sort of article in between the rest

So far, we have an engineered 'Global Financial Collapse'

an engineered 'Global Warming'

an engineered ' Swine flu pandemic' and other engineered diseases

an engineered 'War on Terror'

You play Sim

THEY play on a larger scale

Turn OFF your tv. Refuse to buy newspapers. Murdoch is bleeding to death, thank God. Don't feed the bastards. Starve the crapola machine at the roots.

Contact as many advertisers as you have strength for and TELL them you will NOT buy their products because they advertise with this or that lying tv-station, newspaper, magazine.

Make your voice heard at local level. Tell them they'll never see your vote again if ----- (fill in the blanks).

Hit them at ground level. Your local reps form the base of the pyramid.

Without all those 'small potatoes' politicians, there can be no tip of the pyramid.

Same with a tree. When you want to fell a tree, you don't start with the leaves at the top, do you ? No, you lay into the base with your mighty axe. Then the lot comes toppling down. Same with politics. Get serious about those 'minor' local elections. Tell everyone you know to do likewise.

In other words, actively wage war on the propaganda and the SOURCES of the propaganda.

When you turn off your tv and quit buying print media ---- you TAKE AWAY politicians' voices. They NEED the media. Therefore, the MEDIA (and not us) OWNS politicians. That's not working in OUR favour, is it ?

Break the addiction to the abomination they have the hide to name
the 'tv news'. Break the back of the media/political game .. before they break yours.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed in the movies of that era of WW11 that you don't see obese people. Thats because of rationing. I would also suggest raising pigs. They grow fast and you can ration that as meat be it only a small portion per family but at least some sort of protein base. It would be an ideal diet for a lot of people and healther in a lot of respects or fish if one can get it. Even if its in a can. There would be only one problem with the pig situation though. Certain people just cannot eat pork meat so that would mean more for the others that do eat it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Interesting thing about this article, is that they mention "in the event of a world food shortage".

So it's not exactly a harbinger... just someone saying... it'll be tough during a world food shortage...

Well duh! It will be tough everywhere during a world food shortage... or other wise it wouldn't be a world wide shortage!

join