It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Works Action Alert (email I received)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There has been much talk over the town hall meetings being started by Freedom Works and Dick Armey. I didn't really think all that much of it...until I received an email from them. I have absolutely no idea how they received my email address...but they did nonetheless. I am copying and pasting it for all to see....

Help Defeat ObamaCare and Cap-and-Trade

Dear David,

The Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) stated recently that “I am not afraid of August. It’s just a month.” It may be true that August is just a month, but it’s also true that the longer we have to expose the real intentions and the economic ramifications of the Cap and Tax and ObamaCare on the table, the more afraid Pelosi, Senator Reid, and President Obama should be.

Since January, Congress and the administration have rushed bills through from committee to floor to signature without giving the American people a chance to see what lay between those thick stacks of pages and how it would affect them. However, the free-market grassroots have thrown up tremendous roadblocks in the past weeks effectively stalling the onslaught by forcing our leaders to answer tough questions about how to pay for their big government schemes. As it stands, Cap and Trade must still pass the Senate and ObamaCare is waiting in the wings in both the House and Senate.
Click here to Take Action.
It is essential that we don’t let the pressure up. While Senators and Representatives are home for their August recess they need to hear from you, regardless of party. Many hold town hall meetings that are open to the public. Check our map to see if there is one nearby and take our questions to ask them on the record whether they can risk losing even more jobs under Cap and Trade or if they plan on raising taxes for government run health care. In addition to attending town hall meetings, please call and visit district offices asking the same questions.

Most of all, please let us know how it goes. We’ve provided a form on our website where you can track the feedback of our leaders and hold them accountable. Pictures and videos are also welcome as well and can be sent to Nan Swift. We’ve provided an August Recess Action Kit for you packed with good talking points, important questions, handouts to invite friends to attend events with you, and other helpful resources.

Thank you in advance for doing your part. Speaker Pelosi will know soon enough that August isn’t like any other month, August is when the grassroots took a stand for liberty.
Sincerely,

Dick Armey
Chairman
FreedomWorks.org

And there it is....

First of all...I think much of how this started is because of conservative grassroot groups...and possible involvement of the insurance companies...but I believe that has springboarded this into something more. I think others are seeing it as well.

Just thought I'd add this...so others could see the kinds of emails that have been sent out to people across the net...urging them to go yell at their congressmen.

I'd also like to add that Dick Armey is doing nothing but DEFENDING CORPORATE POWER. That's it..and that's all.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by David9176]

new topics

join