It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gold Standard vs The Dollar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This guy is spot on, he presents the information in a clear and understandable manner.

If you know somebody, who doesn't understand just how bad we are being screwed by inflation, this may open there eyes.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is why we need to get off of the Fed.

I do not think it will happen, but it needs to.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I am a big proponent of sound money.

However, we all need to do our research better.

It has become clear to me that a gold standard is the WRONG way to go because the central banks and government control the vast majority of the worlds gold reserves.

That means easy manipulation of the markets by private bankers.

The proper solution is a silver standard or mixed metals standard.

Either is acceptable and both are constitutional.

Just remember, silver is king.

5 times more prolific means its 5 times harder to control the markets - and the central banks don't own the worlds reserves.

Competing private currencies backed by silver and gold would be the ideal solution because there is no way to manipulate the currency markets by government.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Would this explain all of those cash for gold commercials that I keep hearing about on Television? I'm not so sure how often they run as I've kind of stopped watching, nothing interesting on. Though the interesting thing about this is I saw one of those "Cash for Gold" kiosk stands in the mall when I was just walking about, I think I saw some lady there who seem really interested in selling some of her gold for the cash.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

There is no doubt in my mind that TPTB are behind these commercials. I mean look at the people they used as actors in them. They are sheeple to the max!

top topics

join