It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's since 1870

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Theres a website out there called UFO casebook, and under its photo section they have pictures of vintage UFO's, the oldest dating from 1870 in mount washington. This kind of sighting is not new, and this picture was cigar shape. 1870. We can rule out many things if go far back enough- jets, chinese lanterns- things that didn't (or wouldn't be on the top of mount washington) in 1870. I want to get some discussion and analization on this one.

The next is claimed to be from 1927. What is odd is it has the 'retro' pictures of UFO's all have retro looking spaceships, and that could suggest that, indeed, it is the goverment testing craft, because we have seen the style of ufo's change.
It is just a thought, I dunno.
Here is the picture.
www.ufocasebook.com... " target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Can we get some people testing to see if this is fake, or what it is?
I personally love this one, because it is written on, giving it more credibilty. Here is the story behind it.
"This photo was taken by my father Edward Pline at the sawmill in Ward where we lived at the time. I think it was 1929. I was about six years old then. My father was there to photograph the sawmill for some reason or another, and as he was taking the photo, he described a 'terrible thunderous bellow,' and a large round thing as big as a very large boulder that moved through the air above them. You can see it in the picture. None of the sawmill workers saw the thing in the photo, but they all heard the sound and felt the ground shudder. Later in my life I tried researching the incident at the County Historical Society, but I did not find any references to it. My father passed on a few years after the incident, and I have not found any surviving sawmill workers from that time."
The photo:
www.ufocasebook.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The link to the website is here.
www.ufocasebook.com...
If you find one that you find interesting, post it here.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

Your image code is not working, so here you go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33a81fbae65d.jpg[/atsimg]

1870-Mt. Washington, New Hampshire. This photo is dubbed, "the oldest UFO photograph ever taken." This item was the subject of bidding at Ebay in 2002, when finally the photo was purchased for $385.00 by Samuel M. Sherman, who was the president of Independent-International Pictures Corp. This was originally a "stereo" photograph. Certainly it was difficult to manipulate photos at that time, and remember, there were no flying objects then; at least, not from this world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4df45f00ae50.jpg[/atsimg]

1927-Oregon. Taken in Cave Junction, Oregon. There is some question as to whether the photo was taken in '26 or '27, but nonetheless, if this is an authentic photograph it is incredible. Reportedly snapped by a volunteer fireman. Be sure to click to see full size image to really appreciate the picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af0e3d2e7f81.jpg[/atsimg]

1929-SlideWard-Colorado Ward Sawmill, April-This incident is retold by the photographers daughter: "This photo was taken by my father Edward Pline at the sawmill in Ward where we lived at the time. I think it was 1929. I was about six years old then. My father was there to photograph the sawmill for some reason or another, and as he was taking the photo, he described a 'terrible thunderous bellow,' and a large round thing as big as a very large boulder that moved through the air above them. You can see it in the picture. None of the sawmill workers saw the thing in the photo, but they all heard the sound and felt the ground shudder. Later in my life I tried researching the incident at the County Historical Society, but I did not find any references to it. My father passed on a few years after the incident, and I have not found any surviving sawmill workers from that time." Hetty Pline

Images and text courtesy of ufocasebook.com

As far as the pictures go, they are definitely not CGI, although as far as I know no one has claimed hoax on these. Of course they could always be physical hoaxes (ie;models, hubcaps, etc). They definitely are interesting and should be considered legit until an something proves otherwise, which may never happen anyways because the witnesses are either really old or dead and the pictures are extremely old--there are also limited methods available for discerning hoaxes from physical photographs. As far as UFOs looking different...Not really, we still see all those shapes today, there just appears to me more triangles (possibly ours) and orbs.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thank you so much for fixing them, they look a heck of a lot better now.
And I agree with you, It was just a thought.
I think that this is some of the best avalible evidence to support UFOs because people did not have means to fake a UFO sighting in 1920, spare glueing a penny to the window and taking a snap shot of it...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
1870 looks like a submarine.
1929 looks like there are 'port holes' reflecting light or
more realistically you have light being generated by the
beam intake of the Tesla focusing device mentioned in 1934.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't really understand how it could be a submarine, though, because you can see clouds around it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

For some reason I want to think the 27 photo is a hoax, hold on while I check.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yea, the 1927 photo reminds me of that guy, Meiers? Whatever his name is and his hoaxs where he held up the devices by a string and snapped away. It kind of resembles that in a way.

The 1870 one kind of looks like a Submarine in a way and kind of looks like a blimp. But I have no idea.

The 1929 one, I have no idea..lol.. Beats me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, the blimp was invented in 1880, so either they took a picture of a submarine and made it look in the clouds (LOL) or its something weird. I'm not saying its a UFO, 'cus it might not be. The 1929 one is my faveriot, because of the hand writing. It makes it seem pretty legit.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The Cave Junction one, from what I can tell (as I thought) as never been disproved, but some speculate it was taken in New Mexico in 1960, it is just nearly impossible to tell unless of course some analysis was ever done on the film itself to confirm the date of circulation for the film.

The cigar object does match up with the numerous "airship" reports during that time so it does have that going for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

To me, the first pic looks like a flying cross tie from a railroad, lol. I suppose those would have been plentiful back then. Well, not the flying kind, hehe.

This is a very interesting post though. It really fascinates me that unexplained things were being seen in the skies way before the technology we have today was developed. S&F!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Am I looking at the 1870 pic right? Because it looks to me like the object is up in the clouds, but the photographer was looking down on it. Therefore, the photographer would have been in the clouds as well? How would that have been possible in 1870? Hot air balloon, maybe? It is at Mount Washington, so perhaps the photographer was just at a higher elevation? I don't know... I'm confused, lol. Someone help the slow girl?? ha ha!

[edit on 8/11/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I believe he was at a higher elevation on the mountain reportedly. The sighting also coincides with the many "airship" reports around that time frame.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. Sometimes i just think TOO hard when I'm trying to figure out these things.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Well these older pics are just real hard to investigate, because the witnesses are likely dead. I am just curious as to why no one as done a age study on the Cave Junction film??
Maybe they have and I missed it, highly possible..

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I've seen the submarine picture before, even a small movie.
At other web sites.
One was definitely looking up from below a hill and trees.
I think there are all the same submarine picture.
In UFO lore there is a suspicion of a submarine being levitated.
Been looking in 'Man-Made UFOs 1944-1994' and there is no
submarine or cylinder UFO picture.
There was a story of seeing a rusty craft going along a road side.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The 1929 has a phantom image underneath or a coffee drop.
Two more UFOs or birds in the upper right.
So they never fly alone, we got the first fleet photo.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The 1927 flat top had been known to descend and stay four hours
above a crowd that saw humans walking and working on top.
They even waved hello.
Didn't mention any verbal contact but perhaps still a German crew
at that time.
It never landed but had four landing struts extended.
Just recently saw one similar all aglow in a photo from France.
Check the Papua New Guinea case in the '50 documented by Father Gill.
Close to third kind like the Zamora case.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I have been dying to ask you this Tesla..........So do you beleive any aliens are piloting these UFOs or do you think they are all top secret Tesla craft? Just curious....

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yeah these photos and the ancient paintings and sightings from well before flight by man..... to me adds credibility to any UFO phenomenan.

It really frustrates me when I hear the argument "All UFO's are man made" because it just does not wash..... You can't just ignore evidence that suggests these things were seen flying when the only thing in the air was a kite.

I refuse to believe the US Govt developed their own flying saucer technology and that they have kept this technology secret for 100's of years. Not only that..... but they went into world wars.... losing millions of lives and gazillions of dollars developing pre-historic aircraft during the war when they supposedly had something that could have done the job in no time.

You would have to be a nut to suggest that's the case.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I agree with you, its hard to deny UFO's when you see artifacts that are clearly from a day and age when it was very hard to fake them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join