It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people really care?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
For the past fifteen years I have noticed one thing when it comes to the other side of the coin--the one that the MSM does not touch. People either don't care or don't understand the reality and the effects of it all. Now I'm not even talking about the controversial "conspiracies," I am talkin about the 'in your face' 'obvious' facts. Yeah people are pretty predictable when it comes to topics like aliens and government cover-ups. They always seem to agree to disagree, unless they happen to be brainwashed by religion. I get people arguing with me about issues like healthcare reform, the economy, and our beautiful foriegn wars. They get emotionally involved when they hear the truth and don't want to accept it--or they simply say something like 'better them than me.'
My point to all of this is that why is it that we have to come to sites like ATS to discuss these very important subjects? It seems the sheeple shut down and call us 'conspiracy theorists' or paranoid, when ever presented with such information.
Are we truly doomed? The TV has got so many people by the you know whats and it makes me sick. We are flooded with so much information (real or not) that we start to drown and this is what keeps us confused.
I started this post with the intention of askin a few questions like, "How do we reach the public," or "what can we do to change their perception?"
But sadly I just ended up realizing that we are lost and confined to 'conspiracy' websites like this one where are vocies--while loud--are silenced by our own confinement.
To say it in the classic words of JD from American Me, "you got a lot of heart, maybe too much!"

I guess death doesn't seem so bad in these days and times, I mean even the Almighty God died about 2000 years ago--only to be replaced with another G.O.D.(Gold, Oil, Drugs)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My thread earlier today (here) touched somewhat on this.

People need to wake up to the fact that there IS a problem. Most people dont even think there is.

Yes, they will grumble and complain, but why dont they get MAD?

The Medias dumbing down of us is one reason for sure.

I used to think that it would take a major incident for people to wake up, get mad and demand the truth.

Since then we've had 'disclosure', 9/11 and two unjust wars that were about the G.O.D you mention, and yet....still nothing.

What is it going to take?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I think it will take a global looming threat or bringing ourselves to the brink of total annihilation. Either way I think some kind of threat that requires them to get off the couch will make a difference. Some kind of homeland threat to scare them into waking up because the sheep don't seem to want to do it on their own.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antimatter21

Hey, I hear ya

Star and Flag

My sentiments exactly...It's not even so much the conspiracy info that has yet to unfold....it's the stuff that is happening RIGHT NOW and it ain't even being sugarcoated at this point....

I was talking to a friend the other day and I was commentating on the Health Care reform protests...the conversation went like this:

Her: What about the protests?
Me: Well...what's your opinion on that
Her: I don't even know why they are protesting in the first place..ain't Obaam tryna give us all free health care
Me: Do you really think that's all to this new Bill?
Her: I really don't know anything but that it's supposed to be free health care for everybody?
Me: Uhhh....no...It's Euthenasia...Eugenics.
Her: What is that?
Me: Reduction in population...rationed healthcare....survival of the fittest...Healthcare will be denied after a certain age or if you get diagnosed with a terminal illness....the government will stand between you and your doctor...
Her: Oh...well, that ain't gonna affect us...
Me: Us who?
Her: Me and you are not old and we don't have any terminal illness.
Me: Wow...did you plan on dying tomorrow or somethin...

Then I preceded after that sentence with the breakdonw of our Bill of Rights disappearing before our eyes, thanks to the Patriot Act...from there I explained Septemeber 11h and its purpose, RFID chip , and the new wave of EVERYBODY being a 'suspected homegrown terrorists'....

Her: Oh wow....well are we still going to go the club on Saturday night and what are you going to wear?

So I definately know what you mean

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Her: Oh wow....well are we still going to go the club on Saturday night and what are you going to wear?

Thats the mentality i encounter everywhere i go, complete apathy.
People will pretend to care about something if they think it is expected of them but in reality they only care if it effects THEM directly.
Its pathetic.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Because people would rather just see what Paris Hilton and Leighton Meester are doing of course!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
No, people in general don't care. Most people aren't smart enough to understand serious issues, even if it's right in their face. I don't think this will change for a very long time, generations in my opinion, especially since I think it's getting worse, not better.

(and who the heck is Leighton Meester anyway? I've never heard of her)

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I guess some of us do care is why we are reading this thread and staring and flagging it.
But it seems like to me that most people don't know how to care either they never learned how or they forgot how.
Its like something has been done to them and they are walking around like some kind of zombified robots.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
"First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."
- Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

History repeats.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
No, people in general don't care. Most people aren't smart enough to understand serious issues, even if it's right in their face. I don't think this will change for a very long time, generations in my opinion, especially since I think it's getting worse, not better.

(and who the heck is Leighton Meester anyway? I've never heard of her)

She's the young woman from Gossip Girl.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah it is very frustrating to watch our world go down the toilet due to a handfull of very wealthy men. Yet people don't care, even the ones that are impacted seem to just give up when faced with the reality of it all.

I don't mean to bring religion in it, but it seems that religion is only meant to take away the power from the people and shift it to some phantom.

We are a beautiful species and we deserve to discover all that beauty within us without being imprisoned and siphoned for our economic value.
I am glad about one thing though, anyone who truly denies ignorace, which I see all of you are.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A thought just occurred to me. It's probably easier not to care. It's easier to bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing is going on then it is to stand up and do something. That's even worse in my opinion. At least in ignorance, you might have some sort of excuse, and can be educated, but understanding what's going on and then still not caring is beyond my comprehension.

top topics

join