It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confronted with the end of the world - would you fight or just enjoy the ride?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was just reading some posts on another website I stumbled across, they were debating possible solutions to a SitX, Polar shift and general end of the world scenario.

They were discussing, like a thousand times before on ATS, what provisions they would make, bunkers they've built and plans they have.

It just dawned on me, I mean seriously, would it really be worth it?

Now I'm not talking about a NWO take over, or a bit of Martial Law. I mean a real SHTF scenario, %99.9 fatalites, end of the world as we know it, Comet crashing to Earth kind of stuff.

Would it really be worth surviving it, to be left in an uncertain world, not knowing if there will be food, sunlight or a future.

If there was a comet coming now, would it be better to find a nice spot and enjoy the ride with a couple of beers and your family next to you?

Now before you all shout at me and say I'm a loser, soft and not a fighter, I'm not saying either way what I'd do.

But it may be a braver thing to stand up to death, look it in the eyes and take it with dignity.

Rather than just existing in a world of pain and uncertainty.

Any thoughts people?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Im with you. I would much prefer to enjoy the end of my life than to be running around manicly trying to save myself aswell as the people i know.

Also, who would you save and leave?? It would be impossible to save all of your friends and loved ones, it would be better not to have to choose.

As you said, find a nice spot, enjoy the view of the coming doom, and chill with a few beers.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Phew, my work here is done, I thought I was the only one!

i'm just waiting for all those hard core survivalists to give me a hard time.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nope I too would just wait and have some fun.
Call people and say nice knowing you.
I would not wish to suvuve a big SHTF scenario
but will work in the meantime to prevent it.
The Black Hats are working to make it happen or so I have heard.

Party like its 1999. Nothing came of that.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am also with you. If the world were truly to end, what use would the fight be? It would only mean that you would die a savage. I would prefer to go out with dignity. I would be one of the few to actually learn to accept the situation and remain calm.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I would enjoy the ride. It's odd that you post this today because I was just thinking about this kind of thing this morning.

I would want my family with me and hopefully, we'd just try to stay as calm and peaceful as possible and just wait for it to happen. I imagine that death would have to be better than the conditions we would face afterwards. I'm not a coward either, but I'm all about quality of life and if I'm going to have to be cold, hungry, possibly sick, etc. and have to watch my family go through the same thing... well, I'd just rather not. Of course, I believe in an afterlife, so that helps a bit, but even if I didn't, my opinion would be the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The thing is, true survivalists enjoy the art/skill of survival.
At least myself and others I associate with do.
There would be no panic in our case as it is a life-style in a sense.

Those who have not really lived the experience of true survival will undoubtly panic and probably perish because of the lack of living tryed and true methods of actual survival.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Look if it's really going to be the end all be all Sit X where the whole out-house is going to go up in flames. Then yeah I can see myself with my loved ones somewhere on high with a front row seat.

Why not....

Edit to add:

P.S.
Sobriety would not be an option also would have loud music.

P.P.S. Pink floyd.....

P.P.P.S.

While grilling nice juicy steaks....

[edit on 11-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I suppose in a 99.9% certain coming death scenario, I would be with all of my family and friends. Personally, I am not afraid of dying, but I most likely would not be sober. Maybe I would for the final day, but it would be a huge party leading up to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If i knew there was no chance of survival i would definitely sit back and enjoy the ride.

Go to the local off license.
Buy some ice cold bottles of Bud.
Grab my guitar.
Head down to the beach.
Get swallowed by the sea......

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I see your point. I'm not a survivalist by any means, lol! But I suppose survivalists kind of live for that sort of thing? I mean, I doubt that you're excited about the SHTF, but you know what I mean... hopefully.

That would definitely be the ultimate survivalists adventure!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
well if there is absolutely nothing we could do about it, i guess i would enjoy the ride. do everything i have ever dreamed of, im actually contemplating this at the moment

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yip, shave head and paint red circles on it as a target

If it was something going to hit the earth then I would try to catch it...

I know it could happen but hopefully we have a few million years yet

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

You looser, youre soft and not a fighter

You mean like that?

I was waiting for that Slayer!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Hey it's the end of the world I had a change of heart!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I say everyone to azureskys house.
Second line or someother survialist!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Ah mate I reallymeant no offence!

Just as you say, for me it would be a token effort, due to lack of experience etc. The effort would be there but the ability would be lacking.

Lets hope neither of us have a chance to see if we'd be Ok!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Hey it's the end of the world I had a change of heart!

OMG I just noticed! I really don't believe it. If the end of the world can make you have a change of heart, then anything is possible!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If it's as in your scenario, and it's a planet-killing comet or asteroid on the way, I'd actually probably be quite relieved. Many of us feel that a real end of the world scenario is very possible in our lifetimes (just visit the survival forum). We spend a lot of our time planing and preparing for as many scenarios and events as we can. Just the planning and preparation is a ton of work, but even so, it's only a fraction of the work involved in actually carrying out one of these plans, or utilizing our preparations.

Surviving any global catastrophe, on the scale that we're discussing, is likely to signal the end of joy. Existence becomes labor, pain, sorrow. Sure, it's definitely worth it if the continuity of the human race is dependent on it, but who wants to sit around, laboring in pain and wallowing in sorrow just to say (to themselves) that the did it. They made it through, and became the very last human being to die. Who here wants to be the last man or woman on earth?

Faced with an impending, doomsday comet impact, I'd probably look for some high ground. Somewhere where I can see for miles and miles and miles, and try to experience the power and immensity of the shockwave as it approached. I'd make every effort to be consciously aware of the sensation as it enveloped me. Of course, like many others, and unlike just as many more, I view death as a transition, not a finality.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I would enjoy the ride. It's odd that you post this today because I was just thinking about this kind of thing this morning.

I would want my family with me and hopefully, we'd just try to stay as calm and peaceful as possible and just wait for it to happen. I imagine that death would have to be better than the conditions we would face afterwards. I'm not a coward either, but I'm all about quality of life and if I'm going to have to be cold, hungry, possibly sick, etc. and have to watch my family go through the same thing... well, I'd just rather not. Of course, I believe in an afterlife, so that helps a bit, but even if I didn't, my opinion would be the same.

From what you've stated, if you happen to end up being one of the unfortunate families that have lost everything, because of the
banking fiasco, and become homeless, jobless, "cold, hungry,
possibly sick etc. and have to watch my family go through the same thing... well, I'd just rather not."
I know that is not quite what you meant but the above situation would/could be just as devastating to anyone unless there is a back-up plan.

Would you really just sit there and Die ?
Would you watch your family starve to death or freeze to death ?

Either scenario, and many others, would require survival skills/instinct and the drive to live would propably take over.

"God helps those who help themselves"
Might be something to take into consideration when waiting for an afterlife.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join