It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With Earpiece and Handgun at Obamacare Event — Provocateur or Patriot?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

Man With Earpiece and Handgun at Obamacare Event — Provocateur or Patriot?

www.prisonplanet.com

The establishment media are frothing over video footage of a man carrying a gun at an Obamacare protest, eagerly citing it as proof that anti-government demonstrators are violent extremists, despite the fact that open carry is completely legal in New Hampshire and sidestepping completely the more noteworthy fact that the man appears to be a federal agent because he is clearly wearing an earpiece.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

First for the record, I support the second amendment. But there is a time and a place for everything. Having a gun toting spectator where the President is speaking is insane. It gives the secret service just another potential problem I would prefer they don't have. And few Presidents have gotten so many threats as Obama. If they allow this guy to float in the crowd where does it end? Unless you have a machine gun or IED you can join the party?

[Mod Edit - fix quote]

[edit on 11/8/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I saw the movie Valkyrie... I know whats going on there

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

If you are going to quote a post don't delete their comment and put yours in there. Your comment should be outside the quotes. Instead you removed my quote and put yours in place of it. Odd thing to do.

I NEVER TYPED:

First for the record, I support the second amendment. But there is a time and a place for everything. Having a gun toting spectator where the President is speaking is insane. It gives the secret service just another potential problem I would prefer they don't have. And few Presidents have gotten so many threats as Obama. If they allow this guy to float in the crowd where does it end? Unless you have a machine gun or IED you can join the party?

For the record.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

That's his reply to your post.

The quote tags were messed up and now fixed.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I consider myself wll versed in the message of freedom and liberty and do not think I would even step up to that platform.
(Chris Matthews show MSNBC)

He better be prepared.

Its not going to be easy to defend or explain himself. Chris is rude and basically out to deamonize patriots of all types.

Please post what happens. Thanks guys!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

For the record.

I did not remove your quote, blame the website. I would never walk over someons views. I may be cheap, but I'm not tacky.

[Mod Edit - replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To tab]

[edit on 11/8/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'll be the first to admit being wrong and i still don't know the true nature of the man with the earpiece but here is the latest.

UPDATE:
Update: Man at Obama event member of the Free State Project

Earlier today Infowars reported that a man photographed by MSNBC with a sidearm and pro-liberty sign at an Obama event in New Hampshire may be a federal agent planted to discredit the patriot movement. In a capture of the video an earpiece of the sort commonly worn by the Secret Service and federal agents can be seen. The man in question also has a placard with the web address of Restore the Republic, an organization founded by the late Aaron Russo in 2007.

Infowars contacted Gary Franchi, managing editor of Republic Magazine, a periodical associated with Restore the Republic. Franchi confirmed that the individual in the video is associated with Chris Lawless and the Free State Project. The placard is recycled from the April 15 Tea Party. Chris Lawless acted as an organizer for the Free State Project’s annual Liberty Forum in 2008. “The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property,” the Free State Project website explains. Lawless explains on Franchi’s Facebook page that the earpiece is in fact hardware for a patriot radio network. “I know the guy,” Lawless writes. “There were 4 others also wearing earpieces. They do that to call each other in case of a problem. We also have something called PORC 411 here in NH.”

I've always thought of the Free State Project as being pretty ineffective and as a large group its hard to believe it hasn't been infiltrated by now but i guess the best thing to do is just see how this develops. If this guy is just an average Free stater he should honestly know better than to do something like this because it runs the risk of derailing the protests. Very foolish imo.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I have to do this. Swing and a miss.

You know the right wing has largely been what you people would've considered terrorists a few months ago. Going to political town hall meetings to bust them up, carrying weapons to where the POTUS is speaking, trying to break down government so that it no longer responds to the chain of command, spreads lies propaganda and rumors like I've never seen in this country before. Just imagine if Muslims or Hindus were doing this. You people would be crying like little girls. This is insane, and yet you people think this is some how right or the process sitting there while this is growing into a huge problem and it's not going away until you no longer stand for it.

Ooooh that's all controversial. Why? Because I have eyes and a brain?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I'm sorry but I have to do this. Swing and a miss.
You know the right wing has largely been what you people would've considered terrorists a few months ago. Going to political town hall meetings to bust them up, carrying weapons to where the POTUS is speaking, trying to break down government so that it no longer responds to the chain of command, spreads lies propaganda and rumors like I've never seen in this country before. Just imagine if Muslims or Hindus were doing this. You people would be crying like little girls. This is insane, and yet you people think this is some how right or the process sitting there while this is growing into a huge problem and it's not going away until you no longer stand for this ridiculousness. Ooooh that's all controversial. Why? Because I have eyes and a brain?

I'm not right wing i'm not left wing i am for the Constitution and civil Liberties and neither the left or the right want that. If your discourse is limited to party lines then you are below me intellectually I'm afraid.

I'll never be upset if i'm wrong because every time I'm right its something horrible.

The idea is to post the news and address it then if something happens we have context of an event before it happens but if we don't say anything we are subject to nothing but the aftermath which generally is spin.

Either way i think that this guy doing this is ok just because he is exercising his rights but foolish because this is not the right time for this we need focus and the focus now is on the health care bill and if you want tackle over spending but people need to focus fire on issues to be effective not muddle the message with all the rights we are losing because honestly we are losing all of them and if we were to address all of them it would be just too much.

We will just have to wait and see if this effects future town hall protests i hope it doesn't.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sorry, but open carry is legal in 46 states. You cannot tell anyone that they can't protect themselves( most of all in public). Crime does not stop for some stupid political rally. Some people need to grow a pair.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Sorry, but open carry is legal in 46 states. You cannot tell anyone that they can't protect themselves( most of all in public). Crime does not stop for some stupid political rally. Some people need to grow a pair.

I'm all for the second amendment and concealed weapons permit, that's fine. But you don't think one of the hundred or so cops there are protection against crime? Especially when right wing bloggers have been calling on people to carry weapons to these events?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Either way i think that this guy doing this is ok just because he is exercising his rights but foolish because this is not the right time for this

I totally agree. He didn't so anything "wrong" but I don't think he made the wisest choice. I question his judgment and his priorities.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The guy had every right to open carry there.. I don't see the issue.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by angrysniper]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Either way i think that this guy doing this is ok just because he is exercising his rights but foolish because this is not the right time for this

I totally agree. He didn't so anything "wrong" but I don't think he made the wisest choice. I question his judgment and his priorities.

So open carrying suddenly becomes "unwise" if its at a political event?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Whenever thee is a political anything in New Hampshire loads of people open carry.

They open carry for local meetings, state meetings, they fill the state legislature with guns on their hips....

There was a great one in 2008 where some stupid politician who moved here from California proposed legislation to ban guns from the State House. On the day of the hearing the House was filled with armed residents. Needless to say her Cali bull didnt get anywhere.

New Hampshire totes. Free Staters are always armed.

There is no "inappropriate" or "unwise" situation. New Hampshire is the place and the time is now. Always appropriate.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I saw the whole Hardball interview and it was kind of interesting how Matthews at first vehemently tried to "nail" the gentleman in question and ended up saying, "I'm with you," when his clear, rational arguments couldn't beturned against him. Bravo. That was truly awesome. Ron Paul would be proud.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Here is the latest from the person carrying a gun while protesting Healthcare.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Wow. What the hell is wrong with Chris Matthews? Is he always like that? He was like some lunatic child throwing a tantrum.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Rams59lb

Wow. What the hell is wrong with Chris Matthews? Is he always like that? He was like some lunatic child throwing a tantrum.

Most of the time. Except after the election in November he said his leg was quivering because Obama won. sick..........

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This guy is straight up.
A patriot standing up for his rights.
He even made the statement, "If you don't excersize your rights, you will lose them". How true.....

It's been so long, decades, since people stood up to the Govt for their rights, that most are alarmed when someone does.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join