It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Damn The Country, Obama Must Fail"

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yep, unfortunately , as we have witnessed, many of his policies have succeeded and America has definitely been hurt by them.
The constitution keeps getting in Obama's way though, but his crew is sure working overtime to find ways around that pesky thing.

It was Obama that personally hired Van Jones, they have been pals for a long time from what I have read in the past about it.
What hurt Van Jones besides talk radio and TV was his own past speeches and his clear anti American rantings..

I thank God for Glenn Beck. His "classroom" complete with chalkboard
helped spell out the truth. The Van Jones actual video clips did the
trick. The Van Jones remarks were indefensible so he had to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have fallen in love with the U.S. Constitution. I think Obama
took an oath to protect and defend the constitution. Will he?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I posted this thread yesterday, maybe you can understand it now better, thanks you Boss.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The reality and the problem of all is that the easier path is almost the wrong one. People must learn to be more self-critical and begin act and think with hearth. I fear, we have not much time left.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The hypocrisy continues...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sooooo...who's up for a march on Washington for a good old fashioned spring cleaning!?

Walk into each lobbyist outpost grab their slimy arses by the lapels and toss em onto the lawn.

I didn't know about this thread before, but knowing the state of our union we've gotta clear the parasites out of our system, before they kill it, meaning us, the people.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey Bill, do you believe that there may be compartmentalization of government, in that, the absolute policy direction is not decided by either party or lobbyists, or that policy itself is a facade? I know there is little evidence of this other than the complete lack of change and that it can easily be attributed to simple special interests, but I tend to think that the accumulation of worthless money is the last thing that the masters of this world allow to shape their conquests.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

The hypocrisy continues...

What is apparent is a lack of policy upon which to establish a platform. Any idiot can be obstructionist...it takes brains to come up with alternatives and the status quo is no alternative.

Not liking the party in power is no platform.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I use to be very political when I was younger. I got completely caught up in the whole "left vs right" paradigm and would constantly bash liberals every chance that I got. Now, however, I know better. This two party system we have in the Congress is nothing more than a stale mate. A sham, a show, a "smoke and mirrors" trick. On unimportant topics, they hold grudges, but on the topics that do matter, both sides uphold. It does not matter what party one is a part of, the masters are the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

all Obama does is Promise Promise Promise and cant deliver i think its because he lacks in experience. i mean he technicality has 4 years of experience but three of the 4 years he was running so he really only has one year of experience so i don't know why we elected him?!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cc325

Your logic is flawed in so many ways. But I will keep it simple for you.

No POTUS comes to office with experience of the job except presidents who are re elected. Even then, those presidents who are re elected, only have 4 years of experience being a president under their belt's to go on.

Imagine that!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If Obama's policies DON'T fail the country will be damned.
So your title should read:
"Save the country, Obama must fail to implement his destructive policies!"

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey SO, I was reading one of SKL's threads and it linked to this. Well you got me. I did not post for a few days after reading you op. I am working my way through your thread now.

I want to ask you a few more question in relation to your original.

You main line of experience is as an advertising exec. ?

I know it sounds weird but I prefer to talk to people and to get to know them through this conversation and not judge them by their past. As an ad man your job summed up is to read a group or situation and outline their psych.

That about right?

You saw the senators dressing completely different then all their help? These where all in high priced suits...

Is their some more info to this. I am not being rude I am tring to pick your brain for some more of the back ground. Your experience means you where doing an ad mans read. And I am curious over some of the details.

During these meeting it was summed up what can you do for me attitude?

Some of them didnt even meet with you? They where more concerned with power and how you could help them.

I know I am pushing but can I get some details.

Here is why?

I am contemplating playing robin hood. You asked what could be done to save this country?

A slightly less then honest man.... Doing what is necessary without the dictatorship.

S and F

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If ever a thread needed to be bumped, it is this one, and it is now.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
If ever a thread needed to be bumped, it is this one, and it is now.

The Egyptian citizens are protesting national economic reforms where benefits went to those already wealthy, and a govt rife with corruption.

For three decades, America's economic reforms have allowed the wealthy to become wealthier, while Middle Class citizens have seen lowered/stagnant wages, their share of costs (health care, housing, college) rising, retirement investments wiped out/lessened, wealth looted, and jobs lost.

Corruption American style as in this thread is institutionalized. Americans suffered under leaders who cared more about their corporate donors than their constituents. Both Egyptians and Americans have seen those with political power enrich themselves with the use of that power, forcing those for whom they work to have less.

At least the Egyptians (and other recent protests in the region) are demanding something to be done. Unless Americans join together in numbers to put pressure on their govt, they, and not just Obama, will fail.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'd like to bump this thread in the hopes that some of the original comments of the opening post can be re-examined in light of current events with the madness over the debt-ceiling "impasse" in Washington. Specifically these points from the opening post (it might benefit those who have not seen this thread, to start from the beginning):

The Republicans Have Their Long-Knives Out: "Ever since the election, and for the foreseeable future, the Republicans only have one thing on their mind, screw Obama." He said nothing else matters to them, not voters, and certainly not getting anything done. While the daily dance of special interest continues, he said that everyone is continually distracted by the inside war between Republicans and Democrats... and the smart lobbyists are the ones approaching Republicans with strategies and plans to undermine the Democrats and especially Obama. His concern was (and this was in late May, before the worst of it began), that the "get Obama" climate was in danger of getting out of control and irreparably damaging the entire country.

Nothing Ever Changes, Ever: The most haunting words I head my entire trip were, "Nothing ever changes here, other than the nameplates on the Senate, Congressional, and Executive offices. The money (lobbyists) controls every policy, every platform, and in most cases, every election." It's one thing to know draw this conclusion on your own, it's quite another to hear it straight from an insider's mouth. Sending chills up my spine hardly covers the feeling.

Now, there's no shortage of bitter disappointment (might be putting it lightly) with Obama, much of it well-deserved, but he was given a one hell-of-a mess -- and also, certainly knew (we hope) full well what he was getting into.

Several factors have the nation apparently teetering on the brink... not the least of which is the politics-first, nation-last attitude in Washington.

What do our members think?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
What do our members think?

As one who has been known to hound my Canadian legislators upon occasion, what I see is a lack of an electorate that demands party politics be put aside and that some governing be done for a change.

Lobbyists don't vote in politicians...voters do. Deluge Lawmaker's offices with demands, and threaten to run against them in the next election...if only as a platform to embarrass them.

These clowns get away with what they do because their constituents let them. Yes, maybe this is Canada, but US politicians don't have the market cornered on obstruction.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yup, I was thinking about this thread a few days ago, because what' happening on the Capitol now certainly rings the bell. Obama practically sold out to rabid dogs of GOP and still it's not enough for them to strike a deal!
Country is going down in flames and they worry about tax liability of top earners.

I just can't comprehend how one can have any trust in this lunatic bin.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The GOP agenda is viable long as the economy is in flux, the GOP is proposing a short term plan
so that they can keep the economy at bay, to help bolster a win.

Obama has taking this debate so far to the right it is stupefying... Obama's presidency could
very well be the most conservative in modern history; taxes and cuts on an unprecedented level.

IT is as if; the opposition gets more and more demanding and demented as the they receive more concessions.

This has an amazing effect on me too!

I am considering leaving here however... insanity is not good to dabble in - I came to ATS a flamming liberal
and left a centrist.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

MSNBC is another media puppet conglomerate... the fatherless child of Microsoft and GE in bed with NBC, hence the MSnbc, so I take everything with a grain of salt, but the sheeple follow it religiously

I'm sure you already knew that though

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I almost hate to say it, but perhaps an economic crash is the only remedy for this terminal state of affairs. What I see going on right now is preposterous. In a nutshell, Obama is waiting until the last minute and will promptly blackmail congress and the American public to accept the debt ceiling hike. It happened in '08 with the bailout program, so why not up the stakes again? What I see coming down the pipe is the American Austerity program in sheeps clothing. If they do raise the debt ceiling to nearly $17T and raise tax revenue $600B/yr, doesn't that magic math indicate a financial catastrophe? I mean, a $4T deficit reduction over 10 years is $400B/yr chunk, and with our economy in a shambles, how can this even be on the table now? Can we afford to be responsible for nearly $60,000 for every man, woman, and child here? Especially when the avg annual wage is below that.
We see the Dems blaming the Repubs, and the Repubs blaming the Dems, but when the smoke clears, it is the taxpayers blaming the banks and internationalists (and politicians). Yet for some reason we always blame the other side, as I'm sure the banks and internationalists are blaming the taxpayer for not paying enough. Clinton was a Dem and many claim he balanced the budget, but this also had a great deal to do with him butchering the Glass-Steagal act and letting the banks run wild (dot-com bubble). Bush had his hand in it with tax breaks and credits for the rich, as well as warmongering along with Cheney. So I don't buy into the Republicrat paradigm. It's a capitalist regime no matter what nametag they wear.
But as I've been told before, if you point the finger at someone, you're pointing 3 at yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's over. The Tea Party has won.
---------
The problem is that if Obama caves to the Tea Party then he has - zero - chance of getting
re-elected. His political base will disappear.

---------
In the end i see Obama flipping a coin in the oval office.

Heads: Cave in to the Tea Party. Do not raise taxes during a horrible economy with
a 9.2% unemployment rate.

Tails: Declare the GOP to be unbalanced and the Tea Party a bunch hostage takers.
Declare the democrats in the Senate to be a bunch of sanctimonious fools.
Sign the executive presidential order to raise the debt ceiling by $2.4 Trillion.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join