It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Damn The Country, Obama Must Fail"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Thanks visible_villain. I am not sure I can glean too much from what you offered but I will look into the material more. So here is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

I posted an obvious thing that goes on here. I linked it to the whole lobbying thing. I was suddenly psycho analyzed and told I was a self defeatist. That I was trying to dominate the conversation. This is far from the case.

Now think about some poor guy in and amongst those people that Skeptic was mingling with. Would someone pay him any mind at all? No. It is the same thing everywhere and it will not stop. I think we have to step back and look at the big picture. The analogy to this site is not what I am talking about. It is an example that some people seem offended by.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Wow I read this whole thread and you my friend have the rudest ugliest response to a legitimate statement. Cudos

Now on topic..

We seem to have very few politicians that are on our side and seem to understand the issues that have been clearly laid out. But we do have a few. The Ron Pauls and the Kucinich's ( I say plural because I have read about a few more who agree fully with these men). So we have some people on the inside on our side. Can we (ATSers) along with many other forums etc not. Show these leaders our voice, our strength.. ALL TOGETHER.. Can we not as a group, do something with the help of these leaders?

I am truly asking.. Is it to little to late.. I am ready to work for this is. Is everyone else?

The statment that comes to mind... United we Stand Divided we fall

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
Skeptic posts a thread and everyone wants to snuggle up to him.

Yay. Everybody loves Skeptic...

See what it got me? Two warning shots over my bow in this thread alone! That's a thousand points out of my point bucket! The saddest part of it is that I don't even know how I crossed the line! Was it because I posted a snippet of TRUTH in the midst of an Obama love fest? Coitus Obamaruptus?

I think that Skeptic is an unabashed and unrepentant Obama supporter, but I could be wrong on that point. I mean, I hope I'm wrong.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I mean, I hope I'm wrong.

You have no idea how wrong you are.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I truly would love to know how you psychoanalyzed my composition. If you could tell me that I would be grateful. I don't think you are a frog, I was using that as a way to reference the toad thing that you posted about me. I will edit that out because I am da man.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
We have Term Limits within our power, never re-elect the same Representative.
Springer...

Can I suggest also, the driving force behind politics is the "civil service", let us say you are a politician and you propose to build a new bridge. Before you can hint at the idea the concept must come from somewhere, most often the people, you need costings, designs, drawings, reports and so on, these all come from behind the scenes.

Once you have those you can campaign, once you have "let the cat out of the bag" your opposition will call on their civil servants to find flaws.

Now consider the concept of universal health care in your country, a monumental idea and one that must have taken thousands of man-hours to wade through, study, reject and restudy, something so huge is not written on the spot, in fact it has likely been years in the design.

Now you need a spokesperson to "sell" it to the general public, such a radical change would need a figurehead that is outside the general political arena, a long term politician is a known quantity, you already know how they think, which way they lean.

For such a radical change you need someone who can be either a hero or a scapegoat, if it works then they will cry "Hail Obama!" if it does not then he can fade into obscurity as a "failed experiment". "yes we tried a black president but it didn't work"

You may also have noticed that Hollywood has (in the last 10 years or so) given you many young, black presidents, both in movies and in TV shows such as "24", all of whom have been "great men".

Behind all of this the civil service carries on, never voted for, always safe in the knowledge that their job is secure, always unseen. These people also need to be rotated, you need to aerate your lawn, otherwise the soil becomes compacted and the grass will wither.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Nothing short of a civil unrest of masses marching in Washington will make our for the people elected puppets start taking responsibility for the seats they hold in the nations highest offices, either that or they will start scattering like the fat rats they are to the safety of their accounts in the cayman islands.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I posted an obvious thing that goes on here. I linked it to the whole lobbying thing. I was suddenly psycho analyzed and told I was a self defeatist. That I was trying to dominate the conversation. This is far from the case.

Jesus Screaming Christ in a dumptruck... Do you guys have no sense of humor? Did you think I was making an "assault" on you? I said you needed to dominate the conversation, rather than play the slack-jawed lackey. C'mon! You're not going to survive ten minutes in ATS if you take it so watertight seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I think that Skeptic is an unabashed and unrepentant Obama supporter, but I could be wrong on that point. I mean, I hope I'm wrong.

— Doc Velocity

Who cares?

IMO Skeptic was observing first hand and reporting back to his people how Washington polticians unabashedly admit that Partisanship and Petty power struggles trumps the peoples interests...and that Money REALLY trumps the people's interests.

The fact that it is currently the GOP going after the Obama administration is incidental, but accurate. It is not far-fetched to imagine the same game with the parties reversed in 2012 or 2016 etc. etc.

IMO - I believe that is what he was saying...

The fact that you need or expect him to either be a fanatical Obama supporter or the opposite, ironically says alot about how we have been "taught" to think.....choose a team/camp/side/party and start shouting at the other side as loud as you can ....and whatever you do...don't listen...just shout.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have heard for a long time in the state I live in which is full of corruption, NJ . . . .ehem , that in order to fix things we must get rid of the Incumbent Politicians. There is even a radio station that has come up with the term GRIP, which obviously stands for what I have just said (Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians). Unfortunately you would have to get rid of them all at the same time, because as you alter them in and out they are already being taught the same mentality as the ones already in power. Unless you place enough in office that will not conform to the norm in place, (highly unlikely to find enough) you will never get rid of this Republican vs Democrat agenda that is going on.

Unfortunately I see in the future of this country another Revolution happening (civil war), that would almost have to happen in order to reconstruct the government, however, in the end I am afraid that you will either wind up with something worse than we currently have or back to the same old same old.

At times I think to myself what was I thinking when I decided to bring children into this world this day and age with all of this s**t hitting the fan these days.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well just coming on hoping for this thread to have moved past the political bashing and onto some better questions than I could ask So about what happened at the conferences.

I am very curious about the details of the meetings, what was said and how this is going to affect the internet communities as a whole, perhaps SkepticOverLord could kindly start another thread and give us more detail with less emotion about how this spells out for us other than making it seems simply put we are sunk.

There are always solutions and I just know that we are solution types, we wont go down without a fight.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This thread strenghtens my belief, that people who want power, want it for self benefits, not for common benefits. That is why i dont trust politicians.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

The problem is that those in government and their greed, pay for by the ones behind the government power are not happy with what they have, things are not getting any better but worst.

Just look at what is happening in this nation for the last two years, is not getting better is worsening.

History tells that is so much a population can be pushed, ravaged, gouged and raped before it will retaliate out of desperation.

If those that created the crisis we are in doesn't do anything to appease the oppressed it will be civil unrest, but is up to the people to make it big or small.

Right now everything done in the nation is for the benefit of those in power, the people has been forgotten for the time being.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am at a loss for a remedy to this situation. If I felt strongly enough about a given topic, let's say healthcare because it is so prevalent right now, would I be able to amass a following and get my point to the leaders? Not without alot of money.

At this point I would be just another lobbyist. It would take huge crowds and marching in the street to sway policy aside from using money. At least that's the way I'm seeing it. I'm not sure anything can be done about it.

We would need a vehicle to drum up support for our ideas. Like television. That takes money. I seem to be running myself in circles on this topic. Is there a way to persuade policy aside from becoming just like the lobbyists that we cannot stand?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RocKukko

I think that it is much deeper than that shallow analysis, these people the ones that have been sitting on the thrones of justice and power, are more controlled than the people they think they are keeping under control.

Times are changing and they know it, as they sell us out and for every US citizen they bring to their knees, the more powerful they think they become in this the end game.

( Man I was interrupted 25 times in that last statement, lo.)

Whoa, I am editing to clarify I did not mean YOU are shallow, just the reason behind your truth. Told you I was interrupted a bunch.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by antar]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

You have no idea how wrong you are.

Pardon the intrusion, but I bet I do.

A sensitive Republican partisan might be offended that you appeared to single them out in the image the account evokes. I say "appeared" because I know better, as I presume you do, that things are this way regardless of who Controls the Executive branch.

It is clear that the political model career has been destroyed for the purposes of primarily commerce, and to a lesser extent intrigue.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw how many posts I had missed in this thread over a short period.... I have to assume once you start a thread, your time becomes totally consumed by it... that must ... uh ... suck. ((sorry, I couldn't think of a more appropriate word))

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm not sure anything can be done about it.

We would need a vehicle to drum up support for our ideas. Like television. That takes money. I seem to be running myself in circles on this topic. Is there a way to persuade policy aside from becoming just like the lobbyists that we cannot stand?

Well I wrote some software (along with a bunch of others =) ) called e-The people about 10 years ago. It was a petition generator, we had the data for every elected official down to the parks dept to fix a broken bench. 70 gigs of data all to the zip +4 I do not see why, if we can get a charismatic , well spoken leader, or voice, we can use the internet to start to see who wants to be involved. Use technology to arrange it, get our ducks in a row, our army so to say. Start contacting leaders who share our vision. as I stated above there are a few non corrupt people who are waiting for the strength in numbers we can provide.

I can write software the behind the scenes. Do the work. Have someone eloquently write our major concerns and start seeing at least what can be done. Maybe nothing can be done. But we will not know until we try.

*Edit for spelling

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
The fact that you need or expect him to either be a fanatical Obama supporter or the opposite, ironically says blah blah blablah blah

For the last time, people, I'm attempting to inject a bit of levity into the conversation, because it's becoming a tad self-righteous and altogether too serious.

Sheesh!

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

signature
"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values.
For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
- John F. Kennedy

Do not overlook the fact that that the man was shot for his ideology, it matters not who did it, it's the "why" that is important.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

For the last time, people, I'm attempting to inject a bit of levity into the conversation,

It's not working. Maybe you should stop.

This subject IS serious. Serious as a heart attack for our country. Maybe injecting levity is like telling jokes at a funeral.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join