It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Damn The Country, Obama Must Fail"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You know, a fellow member asked me privately what I thought of this thread ...

My answer?

If nothing else, it has set an example for the kind of political discourse that we are capable of as ATS members. Though our problems may be numerous, it is a most welcome sight for these sore eyes considering the painful momentum of the last few months.

So SO, if nothing else, thanks for providing us with a vehicle to remind ourselves of what we are capable of.

Also for the cunning use of flag.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That is the thing about it, we can sit here and come up with all kinds of idea's about what needs to be done, but none of it will be done unless we eliminate the source of the problems. I've said time and time again you can't fix a blown out tire by replacing the radio.

You have to to find the problem to fix it. Until we do that all debate on what needs to be is meaningless because you are trying to find solutions to problems that could very well be fixed by fixing the main problem itself.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You forgot the third option........Let it happen naturally, as it appears to be. It always gets worse before it gets better, I just hope this is not one of those things that will take centuries to get better if indeed it does have to take a complete collapse of this current governing and monetary structure.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The more I think about it, the madder I get('
') U HAVE INFLUENCE OVER THESE PPL!!!! U should keep ur personal OP 2 urself!...Otherwise compromise the integrity of ur site........... OMG! This makes me sik! Wats wrong with u?!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I'm not sure what you are 'debating' on this point.
I agree entirely with your point about how to rid ourselves of lobbyists. And, I believe this to be the blown tire.

But once again, that fix is something that comes at a great cost. The reward is greater, however.

And it really doesn't require much.

Just, ya' know, to change the minds of everyone in the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

To keep it short because my phone is dieing..

I agree 100% with everything you said, especially the bit about not debating politics. Ironically this is a crucial aspect of revolution... people can be seemingly content, and in a short time span can irrationally switch beliefs and do something once uncomprehendable... someone could be against all forms of government intervention, get diagnosed with cancer and demand government healthcare ... in the end most are out to further their own needs. Sometimes there have been people who truly strive to defend the average citizen and promote enlightened ideas...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The problem is that the corporations have so much power. more than any nation in the history of our existence.

The CEO's are like hundreds of dictators with hundreds of empires all banded together.

It will only become more powerful as time marches on.

This time may be the last time that we have a chance.

One day they will lock down the Internet and then all will be lost.

We take it back now or the nightmare will never end.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cellardoor1976
The more I think about it, the madder I get('
') U HAVE INFLUENCE OVER THESE PPL!!!! U should keep ur personal OP 2 urself!...Otherwise compromise the integrity of ur site........... OMG! This makes me sik! Wats wrong with u?!

Hi, welcome to ATS ... troll much?

And I assure you, we may like the Overlord, but we're quite capable of thinking for ourselves ...

But thanks for caring.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This thread is really scary, it is an inside look at something which we all talk about, but for SO to have gotten the worst case scenario first hand is even worse, it really drives home the reality of how it has nothing to do with who the president is, it is about a hierarchy that is allowing this country to be drug into a state of terror.

It sounded like a very oppressive place for young inspired hopefuls to be groomed into dull drums in the political arena.

What I would like to know more about is the under ground labyrinth, suppose that is where they connect with the Aliens?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I'm not debating anything, just the use of the word is all.

I will rephrase my analogy a little bit, the lobbyist are the tire and the multi-national corps. is the rim, the rim is bent and the tire is blown. We need to replace the whole wheel.

What I was getting at with the use of the word debating is we can all come up ideas on what needs to be done to fix the current situation, but after we fix the wheel the other problems might fix themselves.

For example, before the tire blew and the car would shake and shudder and pull to the left, the solutions could be to fix the axle, put the wheels into alignment, etc. But if you fix the wheel all the shaking and shuddering and pulling will cease to exist because in actuality the wheel was the source of the all the problems.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
So you don't believe the statements by that man had nothing to do with the fact that he is an Obama supporter and works for the Obama administration?

Actually... he is on "the other side."

Has the Obama administration done so good that you believe this man without any questions?

I have no idea how you could project that line of thinking onto what I wrote.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Offtopic but I had to say...

I'm loving the new Logo

[edit on 11-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by cellardoor1976

We have a right to know. If like your head in the sand that's YOUR right. Doesn't mean your choices dictate ours.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I couldn't agree with you more, Groingrinder... The lobbyists need to go and lobbying a member of Congress directly needs to be made a crime. However, do you really think that Congress will pass such a law, since that's where all these traitors get their money from? Not very likely. The only thing I see changing the system is a public lynching of the worst offenders. The rest will either get the message or be a part of round 2.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cellardoor1976

I think that you may have misunderstood the intent of this thread in favor of a reaction to the title.

I implore you to go back and read the first page or two of this thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I understand your analogy. But the problem is that your solution requires people of like mind in great numbers.

In order for that to happen, there needs to be a cultural shift.
An enlightening of sorts.

And this is where we need to strategize.

My concept was simple. Just take a day to compliment everyone. See what happens, if anything.

You have to take baby-steps with things like this. "The Renassainse" didn't begin with the painting of the Mona Lisa. It began with people coming to the realization that the Catholic Church didn't own a Monopoly on knowledge. That realization spread.

Now, we can continue to preach to people that the Government doesn't have a monopoly on truthful information much like we have for however long we have all been at this... OR we can take a different approach.
How about just helping people feel good. Edit - Currently we are beating our heads against the wall because we have too many conflicting views on the same subjects. We will never unite enough people to pull of a hunger-strike large enough to make a dent this way.

I think that if people just generally felt better throughout the day, then perhaps they would look a little more closely at WHO is making them feel badly and avoid them.

That is what you need. For people to avoid that which you are trying to take the power away from.

You need a cultural enlightenment or this will continue indefinately. It may change forms and people will CERTAINLY lose their lives in the process.

It could be a lot easier, though.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by JayinAR]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Actually... he is on "the other side."

He said that? I thought each administration put their own people in such positions.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I have no idea how you could project that line of thinking onto what I wrote.

Not what you said, but what he said, and how he seemed to have said it. He seemed to be puting the blame on those people who you saw, but we are certain that the Obama administration has done the things i mentioned and more and they were not made to do so, they did it on their own free will.

However, i am certain that there are such lobyists who don't care what happens to the country.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Is there much hope? If there is, I don't see it.

Term Limits?

Campaign finance reform?

Outlawing professional lobbyists?

The fundamental problem with all these proposals is glaringly obvious. The only people with the power to enact term limits, reform campaign finance and ban lobbyists are the exact same people that are benefiting from the current status quo. How, in the name of god, does that situation ever get fixed? I honestly don't see how. The entire system has mutated to such a degree that the only 'way out' seems to be to start over.

But that's the direction things are headed anyway, isn't it? Looks like it from here.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
I thought each administration put their own people in such positions.

Which position are you assuming?

He seemed to be puting the blame on those people who you saw

I had a different take-away. To me, it was clear he was blaming the politicians and the entire state of the political system. And from what I can see of the responses in this thread, nearly everyone appears to have that take-away as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cellardoor1976

U use way 2 much silly shorthand, then use phrases like "compromise the integrity of"? I smell a rat, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join