It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama compares health care to mail delivery & sticks foot in mouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
He did it again. Obama made a fool of himself by comparing health care to mail delivery, and then admitting that the government run service provider is the one having problems. He just can't get it right. The guy needs advice from Joe Biden.

Obama was attempting to alleviate people's fears about private health insurance being put out of business....

As long as they have a good product and the government plan has to sustain itself through premiums and other non-tax revenue, private insurers should be able to compete with the government plan, Obama said. "They do it all the time," he said. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. ... It's the Post Office that's always having problems."

news.yahoo.com...

...and he opens his mouth and tells the whole world that it's the government run mail service that is always having problems. Is this guy the best the Democrats can do?!!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Aw man....so now are healthcare is going to be like the postal service? I hope they send it insured...oh, wait, that's not going to possible, is it?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

LOL you know I never even thought of mentioning the post office in my postings here. I went on about SSI,and Medicare, and the VA.... Put the Post office is the only goverment entity that actual makes money and now look at it its loosing money like the econmys loosing jobs.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah...when you are trying to sell something you know is a bad product... your brain/tounge do not always cooperate!

LOL...at least the post office has forever stamps now.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Please pay attention I only want to have to explain this once more. The President has not, and will not, support a single payer system. This means that the health care reform the rest of us grown ups are discussing is one in which the private health care industry and private insurance carriers all continue to exist just as they do now. The plan that is before congress (which is not finalized) is one that allows for people to choose from a group of private insurance options which have been "pooled" together so that the individual can bargain with INS carriers in much the same way as other large corporations. Thus driving down cost. Along with all of the private INS options the plan also proposes a public option which would be a government paid insurance option, NOT government doctors etc. This OPTION is what Obama compared to the USPS. He said, that it would not put the private options out of business, in much the same way the USPS does not put Fed Ex out of business. There are some things the USPS does better and cheaper than anyone else and they are d*mn good at their jobs. But if you want to pay more for faster and sometimes better service there are several private companies that can accommodate you. In much the same way, if you are happy with your private insurance and can afford it, this reform will NOT effect you. But if you are like me and self employed and thus have a problem affording good health insurance for myself and my family, the plan will offer me several good private options that I should be able to afford and a public option which like the USPS may be just what I am looking for. If you cannot understand the analogy that is one thing, but if you intentionally misrepresent it to control the dialogue that is quite another thing altogether. So my question to you is, which is it?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Artephius Abraxas Helios]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Artephius Abraxas Helios

Uhhhh... he is saying the government run service provider is the one that is always having problems. You can try to help Obama all you want. He needs some help.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am not an Obama supporter. I am a life long registered Republican. And I am a veteran, who gets my heath care from the VA because I cannot afford private care. I am not trying to help Obama at all.

I am trying to help the discussion on ATS have some honesty and clarity which has been missing this last couple of weeks. To the point, Obama was not speaking about a "government health care provider" but a government health insurance provider. He was not saying you would receive lower quality care, but options on different insurance plans.

However, you attempt to make the point that the government run "plan/provider" is the one having problems. I do not think that is always the case but let's say I concede that point, how then, does having such an OPTION hurt the ability of the private Insurance carriers to continue providing their own versions of health insurance.

Im afraid it doesn't and thus, again, it appears that hard working honest Americans have become the unwitting tools of the largest and richest corporations in America, i.e. those poor insurance companies need you out there defending their rights to quintuple profits every few years or so. Please?!?

You cannot have it both ways, if the Government is incapable of producing a quality insurance option why are the Insurance companies spending millions of dollars a day to fight health care reform... Think about it. Something simply does not add up.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Artephius Abraxas Helios]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artephius Abraxas Helios
Please pay attention I only want to have to explain this once more. The President has not, and will not, support a single payer system.

Obama's own words.......

"Here's the bottom line. If I were designing a system from scratch I would probably set up a single-payer system...But we're not designing a system from scratch.......Over time it may be that we end up transitioning to such a system. For now, I just want to make sure every American is covered...I don't want to wait for that perfect system...

According to his own words why would he not support a single payer sysem?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

LOL you know I never even thought of mentioning the post office in my postings here. I went on about SSI,and Medicare, and the VA.... Put the Post office is the only goverment entity that actual makes money and now look at it its loosing money like the econmys loosing jobs.

I heard the Post Office is thinking about cutting delivering the mail
from 6 days to 5 days.

God help us if we get the Canadian Health Care system when the
privates are run out of business.
I heard the Canadians will fly to India for surgery if America goes
down the toilet with ObamaCare.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ad874dc77c7.gif[/atsimg]

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I guess they forgot to leave the teleprompter on.. What an idiot!!! And does anyone wonder why his healthcare bill is so bad? I think the first grade class in any elementary school could do better.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artephius Abraxas Helios
If you cannot understand the analogy that is one thing, but if you intentionally misrepresent it to control the dialogue that is quite another thing altogether.

Ah. Misrepresentation to control the dialogue... You mean just as Mr. Obama today misrepresented the facts and propagated false information regarding the AARP's endorsement of the government plan? He obviously did this to deceive the anxious seniors across the country.

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

He continued: “...Another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The AARP is not endorsing any healthcare bill at the moment. The president was lying. End of discussion.

Oh, the president misspoke? Then he did it repeatedly, confidently, deliberately to mislead his audience and the American people.

Does anyone seriously wonder why the town hall meetings are becoming so confrontational? It's because the American people know these amateurish Washington clowns are on a mission to deceive us, and we quite simply do not trust them.

For good reason.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/11/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
AH HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

Oh man this man is just hilarious! Honestly! What were you democrats THINKING when you elected this guy?! OH RIGHT! You WEREN'T!

1.) the US Postal System is still NOTHING like FedEx or UPS because there are certain things that the U.S. postal system can do, that the private enterprise CAN'T do! I have YET to see a personal, private entity FedEx or UPS postal carrier deliver mail daily in the same fashion that the USPS does. They CAN'T they're not allowed to! By guess who? So already, it's a VERY bad analogy!

2.) Even IF we were going to use Obama's sorry excuse for an analogy, what I'm understanding is that, not only will Obama's healthcare plan, just like the U.S. Postal Service, will not only be a low quality service, BUT it will also have a lot more problems to stay a float, than the private FedEx/UPS sector. [sarcasm] Oh yeah! Sign me up right now! I'd sooner pay very little for poor, and slow service, rather than pay a little more for better and more timely service [/sarcasm]

God you democrats just amaze me with how dumb you are, and your "messiah" is great proof of that. How long are you people going to keep drinking his kool-aid?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Question]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
He did it again. Obama made a fool of himself by comparing health care to mail delivery, and then admitting that the government run service provider is the one having problems. He just can't get it right. The guy needs advice from Joe Biden.

When I saw THIS REPORT (Postal Service to file five-day-delivery proposal) in the news today, I had to hunt for this post to add too it.

We all better plan on not getting ill during weekends once this new obama commie health care is rolled out, if this is how uncle sham handles things.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Artephius Abraxas Helios

Indeed.. so it's the same exact thing as a single payer option ...... oonnnlllyyyy it's through a private company(ies) .. subsidized by the government .. err... same thing, just with a (few) middle men.

I don't know, I was pretty against the government sponsored insurance plan, but I feel even more certain that this plan (ie, the fascist plan) is far, far worse.

new topics

top topics

join