It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien head found in east Toledo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Alien head found in east Toledo

abclocal.go.com

Toledo, OH (WTVG) -- This morning, one neighborhood has UFO mania after this disturbing discovery.
On the 400 block of Yondota, Shirley Hansard said she smelled something coming from under her front porch. She raked out a skull, of all things, and to some it appears to be unlike anything they've seen on earth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is a video with the main story. I don't know what to think. I personally doubt it is an alien, but I don't recognize exactly what it is. Very strange.

I am curious why the paper indicates that there is UFO mania going on in this area now. All I am seeing is something that is dead (if it is indeed a skull and not a carving of some sort). Anyway, I thought this was interesting enough to share.

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My work buddy is in Toledo today, I should have him stop and check it out but it looks like a bird skull to me. I would think it too small for a possum but maybe a baby.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well they say it's a possum skull. Do they have those little claw things? I'm gonna find out! What caught my imagination is that for a country supposedly unable to 'handle' the existence of aliens...they sure are doing well when they think they've found one.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
LOL, on the video on the very link you posted it ends with saying it is a possum skull. But thanks for posting. That video was great for a laugh. These people were your stereotypical, uneducated folks running around screaming alien at everything they do not understand.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It looked to me like the end of the skull that they were "assuming" was the face, was actually the back of the skull where it connects to the spine. It appeared as if the front (face) of the skull had been broken off. It was hard to tell what it was though, but definitely earthly in origin.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
It looked to me like the end of the skull that they were "assuming" was the face, was actually the back of the skull where it connects to the spine. It appeared as if the front (face) of the skull had been broken off. It was hard to tell what it was though, but definitely earthly in origin.

That's exactly what i was thinking.. "That's the back of the skull"..

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is a pic of said "alien head," lol!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a0176a35ffd.jpg[/atsimg]

They actually called the cops in over this??? That must be one boring place to live!

Funny though! Thanks for the post, OP!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is East Toledo.
I was expecting a different kind of alien head.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Looks like a bird's skull.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Yes, that is what it looks like.

Hmm this is very near me, I may have to go "investigate" myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Looks like a bird's skull.

John nailed it, probably a crow or woodpecker given the size. GD* these headlines!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I've been mislead and I demand justice.

I was under the impression, simply by the title of the article, that the skull-in-question was going to be an actual skull. I was thinking, wow.. that's interesting, a skull found under a porch and it doesn't resemble a human skull? What could that be?

Then I clicked the link and was introduced to this 1.5" (maybe 2") obvious rodent or bird skull.

When I heard the woman talk about "the strange smell" I felt embarrassed for some reason.

Sorry, but they weren't "jumping to an Alien story" to try to get the scoop, they were mocking the people, and the arguable existence of aliens.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
ok...taking into consideration Giovanna's abduction may contain some truth i think this case is still to be considered open

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64df8afd1ec9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If a 10 yr old says its an Alien skull , then thats what it is .
The way I see it , you can't argue with logic like that .
Absolutely irrefutable , this is the proof we've all been waiting for guys

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Takka]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Whoa, this is my town
You mean to tell me Toledo actually has something? Sadly I'll be leaving town today, but I'll ask my friends to look out for stuff.

Then again, I didn't see any breaking stories on the WTOL (our news station in Toledo, since I missed the news tonight or rather my parents did. So I don't know about this one)

I got all excited and everything to thinking Toledo finally had something other than my tales of abductions..

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I don't understand the fact that it was smelling strong... It's a skull, that looks pretty old. If it was smelling, you'd expect to find rotting flesh of some kind.

As an ex archaeologist, I've seen many different skull, and this doesn't look familiar to me (although I've never worked in the U.S) However, without the front part of it, it really could be anything, a rat or squirrel, or maybe even a cat/kitten, maybe a snake...

Whatever it is, it looks pretty terrestrial to me.

[edit on 12/8/09 by Chewlip]

[edit on 12/8/09 by Chewlip]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
ok...taking into consideration Giovanna's abduction may contain some truth i think this case is still to be considered open

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64df8afd1ec9.jpg[/atsimg]

Considered open because you chose to find a skull from a single type bird as your reference, and even one that suits to fulfill your wishful thinking? You've got to be kidding...

The way to do it is sip through various bird skulls and small rodents and see if any of those resemble the "alien" skull. I bet you'll find a match somewhere in there...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hmm... Yep!.... That's definitely an Oompa Loompa skull!

IRM

top topics

join