It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Girl, 14, Pleads Guilty to Roasting Kitten in Oven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

NEW YORK — A 14-year-old pleaded guilty to burglary and animal cruelty for killing a kitten in a 500-degree oven.

The New York City Law Department says the girl will spend 18 months in juvenile jail for the May 6 death of the kitten, named Tiger Lily.

Authorities say she and a friend ransacked a Bronx apartment before putting the animal in the oven, where it cried and scratched before dying.

Link

This really gets under my skin. This was no reason to do that to the cat much less any animal.
If it was up to me that girl would be in a oven.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

I think so too. Animal cruelty is always a precursor to sociopathic violence.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This upsets me more than most things do. I swear if i saw her I would rip her head off.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sick little [snip]
Jesus what is wrong with people these days?

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is the real instigator Cheyenne Cherry

Some news stories are saying the 14 year old put the cat in the oven. This one says it was her 17 year old friend Cheyenne Cherry.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This story makes me very sad that a child could exact that kind of cruelty to a defenseless little kitten. C'mon, 14-years-old and partaking in an atrocious act like that? We are truly losing it as human beings all these senseless acts of violence against animals and people. What the heck is going on? Is it in the air or water? They say homicidal tendencies begin with atrocities made against animals.

This savagery is only escalating each day. Something is definitely wrong at the moment. You have the serial cat killer in Florida, this girl, the marine from a couple years back throwing that puppy over the cliff, the mass shootings, ect. I hope the 14-year-old's stay in juvy is as miserable as possible and hopefully she will take that time to think about her actions, however, she will probably come out of there even worse off than before.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is horrible. What kind of an adult is this girl going to be?

Animal abuse seems to be on the rise sadly, in NZ anyway. Recently we had some teens who blew off a goat's bottom jaw with firecrackers, then we had the preschoolers who used scissors to hack off a kitten's paws (they didn't seem to realise what they had done wrong), and the kid who poured petrol down a Jack Russell's throat and smashed it to death with a shovel, after trying to choke it with a heavy chain.

These events were unheard of in this country ten years ago. You have to wonder what humanity will be like in a hundred years if this stuff is going to keep escalating.

I wish the justice system was savagely harsh, i.e., the criminal gets done to them, what they did to the victim.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we all got wiped out in 2012... sometimes I hate humans so much

[edit on 11/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A good number of people actually hate cats. Most people wouldn't go that far of course, but there is some kind of irrational hatred/prejudice towards felines.

What a mean person though, I don't care if she was only 14.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan

I wish the justice system was savagely harsh, i.e., the criminal gets done to them, what they did to the victim.

[edit on 11/8/09 by dmorgan]

that'll just make it even worse though, because then even the decent people will be committing hideous cruel acts.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

You're right Jake, savagery is escalating, but I think it's because we are doing what we always do by not adressing the real problems these people have.

Am I the only one who can't star this thread or posts, or is there some updated info I'm unaware of?

Anyway, yeah, I remember that marine vividly...I'd have to say it's still with me today. This kind of behavior is certainly shocking. Are people even aware of the word compassion existing anymore? Is it even taught as a vocabulary word in school anymore? What the...it's all remarkably disturbing to say the least, but what really bothers me is that this girl is simply being taken from the society we want her to learn to live in an effort to enhance her ability to live in it? Why hasn't her problem been addressed? Ask any psychologist, psychiatrist or even physiologist and they'll most likely tell you there's something wrong with this little girl. Why do I get the impression that she was abused (or is being abused) or neglected by someone either physically or mentally (seems obvious) or both? Is this just so common an experience that we're taking for granted that this kind of stuff happens in a normal (lol) society?

Why does this quote keep coming back to me:

"It is no measure of health, to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

They should address her problem in every way possible, and really put an effort into healing her wounds (whatever it takes), thus giving her some kind of closure - while at the same time reinforcing her faith in humanity compassion and goodness. This is where rehabilitation comes from, and problems like this warrant an effort to cure, as opposed to prolonging the problem as long as possible by putting a black bag over her head and taking a time out, thus allowing the progression into more heinous crimes.

This girl simply has the symptoms - and it seems always will - of a derelict society and it's inherent ability to deflect problems instead of fixing them.

EDIT: Clarity

[edit on 11-8-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yeah she probably was molested or something. Though at the same time, there seem to be more and more young women these days who are "just mean" - because of the pop culture, i don't know?

top topics

join